AT&T One X+ 4.2.2 Update Guide with RUU

Search This thread

gothicasshole

Nov 23, 2010
Its jauary where's my update?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

And honestly using Twitter?? Twitter is a reliable source?? I call vs I hate Twitter.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando
Just got a software update alert on my phone. Running home to connect to wifi.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda app-developers app

logm

Dec 1, 2012
roseville
This uploadfromtaptalk1389910381546.jpg update came this morning. I asked HTC and apparently it is a pretty update. It was only like 4.8mb or something.

Anyone get the big one yet?

haccess

Jan 17, 2014
Just did an OTA update on mine and it's still 4.1.1 with Sense 4+. The always helpful AT&T software update says my current software is up to date and I may check again in 24 hours. :eek:

logm

Dec 1, 2012
roseville
Just did an OTA update on mine and it's still 4.1.1 with Sense 4+. The always helpful AT&T software update says my current software is up to date and I may check again in 24 hours. :eek:

Dontcha love at&t. Get us all excited for a worthless update

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Your screenshot is what has been on mine for a long time. The BIGGIE ain't showed up yet.

Thats strange

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Details: http://www.htc.com/us/software/software-updates/htc-one-x-sense-5-update/

AT&T RUU: https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...5_18.27.11.35L_release_341689_signed_0220.exe

Sense 5 ROMs: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36091570&postcount=1

Q&A

I am on the stock ROM, but my bootloader is unlocked and I am rooted. Can I accept the OTA update?

No, you must relock your bootloader before taking the update. Otherwise, it will do nothing.

Can I accept the OTA update while on a custom ROM like Viper, Elegancia, Blackout, etc?

No, because the OTA checks to see if any files have been tampered with from stock, so your phone will refuse to update. You will have to go back to a stock ROM or flash the RUU to get the update.

Will the Telus One X+ be getting the OTA update?

It looks like Telus isn't getting the update according to this update schedule, which lacks any mention of the X+.

How do I get said update if I am not on the AT&T network?

Your only options at the moment are to flash a custom ROM based on Sense 5 or flash the RUU, as you cannot receive the OTA from AT&T while on another network.

Is there a way to get the update without updating the bootloader?

Yes, flashing a custom ROM based on Sense 5 will give you the update without updating your bootloader.

I tried updating, but it downloaded a 13 MB update and I'm still on Sense 4+. What gives?

The Sense 5 update is a two-part update. The first small update gets the phone ready for the larger and fully Sense 5 update.

But now I have to wait another 24 hours before I can check for updates again! What if I want it NOW?

You can go to Settings > Date and Time and uncheck Automatic Date/Time, then manually set the day ahead by one. This will allow you to check for updates again.

If you still have some unanswered questions or want something clarified leave a reply and I'll see what I can do. :fingers-crossed:
    Ok guys, there IS A WAY to flash when you have "error 158"

I got someone to test this out 1st, so i know it works (AT&T device tested)

Here's what you need ;

Minimal ADB\FASTBOOT HERE saves downloading THE WHOLE ANDROID SDK
    The OFFICIAL RUU (download is in the OP)
    and a file that i own, also known as the HBOOT. DOWNLOAD HERE

1st you will need to backup everything from sdcard,

reboot into FASTBOOT-USB (bootloader) make sure the USB is connected

Run the HBOOT exe file 1st, let that run, once that has run and done, run the RUU in fastboot-usb still with bootloader locked.

AND TADA

sorted

**I'AM IN NO WAY RESPONSABLE IF YOUR PHONE, BLOWS UP, BRICKS, DIES, BECOMES SENTIANT**
    I have successfully captured both the preliminary 13.8mb OTApkg.zip as well as the second 532mb OTApkg. The smaller(first) update caused me to lose root so I had to back through the steps to regain it. I am currently waiting for the files to upload to dropbox and will share the link when the upload is complete.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

It is strange, but the text file named version in the first OTApkg shows version 1.19.502.1 CL161932. Is this the older update that they might have accidentally left on their servers?! Regardless, I will still link to both packages.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda developers app
    Schedule Update!

I sent an email to Jason Mackenzie at HTC, and he was able to narrow down the timeframe for the 4.2.2 update to early January!:D A little far off, but it's great to finally hear some more definitive dates.

V0Dioda.png
    New Information and Speculation

I've been keeping up to date on the Twitter-sphere for any new HTC update info. The AT&T 4.2.2 update is still stuck in the certification process with AT&T. :( It appears though that the EVO 4G LTE will get an update via OTA to 4.2.2, then will have a 4.3 update given through PC only. This seems like a good possibility for the One X+ as well (at least the AT&T version). Also, the Droid DNA has a confirmed 4.2.2 release in November, with a confirmed update to 4.4 in Q1! This is also a possibility for our phone. Again, this is all speculation, but by the looks of it, 4.2.2 will most likely not be the last update for us! :laugh: