[Q] Battery Practices

Search This thread

Lbabus

Mar 10, 2014
Looking to maximize my battery. How low should I let the battery go before recharging? Should I ever let the battery drain? If so, how frequently? I tried researching online but keep getting different answers. Thanks.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Avoid draining it completely. Flat cycles(partial charging) are healthy. Best stop charging before the battery reaches 100%.
I'm too lazy for that. But I use every opportunity to recharge my gadgets and cannot remember a case, where i had a significant decrease in battery capacity within the first three or four years.

RussellEstridge25

Oct 30, 2011
North Branch
There are a lot of different opinions on how low to let your battery get. I've used lithium ion batteries for a lot of tools, devices and such and believe not letting it go dead is key. I think it can go below 30 easily and still be fine. I usually throw it on the charger when it gets to about 15. And also now a days lithium ion batteries can stay on the charged pay the point if when it says fully charged. I heard it will not affect them in any way. I have a lot of tools I leave on over night and phones, tablets that when doing so they have lasted years with it damage to the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk