Unlockable Bootloader?

Search This thread

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
he probably doesn't know what you mean. he probably means like global unlocked.

the past few samsung devices have locked bootloaders, and verizon doesn't go around that. that, plus KNOX means the GS5 WILL have a locked bootloader, and we'll have to do some loki stuff to get around it like with the GS4/Note 3 etc

n2ishun

Jul 30, 2010
Yes but isn't the whole point of Knox to be more secure? with Knox even existing, why would verizon allow an unlock able bootloader when they never did before?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

My Galaxy Nexus from Verizon has a unlocked boot loader.
So yes, they have allowed it.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
The catch being Samsung and Verizon want enterprise adoption of the device, so like the S4, it will very likely be locked by same design.

No such concern with the Nexus.

Addiso

Jul 3, 2012
San Bernardino
Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Series
Yes. And I WISH the Note 3 had loki.... That's definitely not true either.

Yes but isn't the whole point of Knox to be more secure? with Knox even existing, why would verizon allow an unlock able bootloader when they never did before?

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Tapatalk

That's not the point Knox is used for those secure businesses. It any way does it mean with having Knox means the bootloader is gna be locked. A bootloader can be unlocked with Knox still present but there is the Knox warranty that you would want to avoid of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

R

richii0207

Does the dev s4 have Knox? There's your answer :p

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
That's not the point Knox is used for those secure businesses. It any way does it mean with having Knox means the bootloader is gna be locked. A bootloader can be unlocked with Knox still present but there is the Knox warranty that you would want to avoid of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You Tell em Vato. Get the M8.. You can flash what you want.

turbosrrgood

In a conversation with a verizon salesman he told me this http://imgur.com/WlmNyl3

I appreciate you sharing, but answers from a Verizon sales rep are about as meaningful as those from rolling a magic 8 ball. They very rarely have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Actually since you have made the effort to visit this forum, chances are you already know more than they do.

I fully expect the VZ bootloader to come locked up tight. Hopefully we can get it unlocked as fast as the M8 did. I could care less about Knox or my warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayochs

Lodaserves

Apr 9, 2014
Actually since you have made the effort to visit this forum, chances are you already know more than they do.
yeah about this its a fact!

tkacer

Oct 25, 2012
BF, MI
www.wmcc.org
Google Pixel 3 XL
I appreciate you sharing, but answers from a Verizon sales rep are about as meaningful as those from rolling a magic 8 ball. They very rarely have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Actually since you have made the effort to visit this forum, chances are you already know more than they do.

I fully expect the VZ bootloader to come locked up tight. Hopefully we can get it unlocked as fast as the M8 did. I could care less about Knox or my warranty.

Hoping and wishing ain't going to make it happen - look no further than the VZN S4 / Note 3. If not for the loki exploit on the initial S4 release, AOSP Roms would be unavailable. Check out the Original Android Development section on the VZN Note 3.....that is most likely the future of the S5. Be happy with TW or get a Dev Edition - probably your only options.

kemerystudios

Jul 30, 2014
Avon
Bootloader WIP

On the alliance rom page for the retail gs5, i saw a reply on a WIP bootloader. Idk if im the only one who saw this or some****, but I am extremely phyiched for it, and even that there is "progress" gives me some hope. CANT WAIT!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Galaxy Nexus from Verizon has a unlocked boot loader.
    So yes, they have allowed it.

That is also a Nexus phone.
    In a conversation with a verizon salesman he told me this http://imgur.com/WlmNyl3