Lost baseband, HELP!

Search This thread

DCAMMM

Feb 26, 2012
OK so here's the deal. A week ago I flashed ICS Passion V13 onto my Vibrant. Worked brilliantly for a few days, then I totally lost my baseband. Tried flashing a different modem with no luck. Could not find anything in the settings (APN, faulty IMEI, etc) that seemed to be responsible. Worried, I ODIN'd back to LiDROID as recommended, but still didn't have any luck. REALLY worried, I Odin'd back to stock. STILL NO BASEBAND!! Anyone have any ideas?

shreddintyres

Aug 25, 2010
Richardson, Tx
OK so here's the deal. A week ago I flashed ICS Passion V13 onto my Vibrant. Worked brilliantly for a few days, then I totally lost my baseband. Tried flashing a different modem with no luck. Could not find anything in the settings (APN, faulty IMEI, etc) that seemed to be responsible. Worried, I ODIN'd back to LiDROID as recommended, but still didn't have any luck. REALLY worried, I Odin'd back to stock. STILL NO BASEBAND!! Anyone have any ideas?

I would do an odin all the way back to stock JFD nothing has ever worked better for me when i run into a problem like this, it could also be another problem with your EFS partition. (i hope youve made a back up of this partition before you started flashing).

I recently lost my baseband but doing a full wipe and cache/dalvik wipe (completely clean install) seems to have resolved my issue. The only other thing i could think of would be a hardware failure but i dont see why that would return a no baseband error.

Hopefully odin'ing to stock and reflashing from the ground up will help.

-Cheers.

DCAMMM

Feb 26, 2012
I Odin'd to stock JFD, and did a factory reset from the Settings>Privacy menu. Nothing. I'm thinking it must be a problem with the efs... and i did not back those files up unfortunately. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

Moped_Ryder

Sep 4, 2010
Columbus
check to see if you have a:

/sdcard/backup

directory (notice I didn't type "backups")

A lot of ROMs will automatically backup the efs.