[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0 .32 Kernel (28/02/2013)[NiGHTLY]

Search This thread

x69

Feb 25, 2007
The native camera is ok, lgcamera ok but the new camera360 and camerafx the image is inverted

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Replacing the boot.img afect this or not?

Last edited:

fjsferreira

Nov 16, 2009
Ponta Delgada
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Ezet, how about making this kernel work with Aurora? Maybe it's not even possible or simply too much work to be done, sorry to ask, it's just I love that everything works great with your kernel :) Dzo for sure won't do this, he's working on 3.0 and almost certainly won't start to work with .32 again...

Sent from my U8800

ezet

Jan 2, 2012
csidiropoulos.wordpress.com
Ezet, how about making this kernel work with Aurora? Maybe it's not even possible or simply too much work to be done, sorry to ask, it's just I love that everything works great with your kernel :) Dzo for sure won't do this, he's working on 3.0 and almost certainly won't start to work with .32 again...

Sent from my U8800

It's actually one my to do list to at least try it out but i am not sure if i can make it anyway. I'll give it a try though.

ezet

Jan 2, 2012
hey ...i have issues with camera: when recording video & trying to zoom-in....camera fc's...maybe anyone knows why?
thx:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus' Rom v 1.0
powered by
Team G3mod-ICS26 kernel by Arakmar

Confirmed. I'll have a look at it although i'm not sure if hardware supports this at all. Official 2.3 has camera zoom while recording? If not then the fix might be just disabling this :) But i'll see the logs nevertheless :)

Reactions: m1trand1r

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
Confirmed. I'll have a look at it although i'm not sure if hardware supports this at all. Official 2.3 has camera zoom while recording? If not then the fix might be just disabling this :) But i'll see the logs nevertheless :)

edit
i think official 2.3.5 has zoom -in-out....feature...not sure though....
ok...thanks...
btw: is it possible for you to add WM voodoo sound drivers to your kernel?
it's awesome on my g3...with beats audio:)..and dsp manager;)
Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus' Rom v 1.0
powered by
Team G3mod-ICS26 kernel by Arakmar

Last edited:

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Uploading RC1 release.
You can check the changes here http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,p,001b984600003309
No major changes that are phone specific. Only one bug found that is the camera zoom while recoding a video will FC. I don't have much time to see what's wrong with it yet, but will try to fix in a future release.
Sweet! Thanks ezet, I am downloading it now.

Edit: Well, I updated.. no exciting FC's or anything - it all seems to work just fine.

Last edited:

Tommixoft

Aug 12, 2011
Looks like we have a smart men here. Tired of that crappy .35 kernel roms. Why build roms on something that is so buggy?

Thanks.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
I'm trying Aurora right now, so I can't really test this, but I did test Bluetooth in the previous version and it was working, including file transfer and Bluetooth headset. What isn't working in this version, turning Bluetooth itself or file transfer or any other thing?

Sent from my U8800
BT turns on for me, but I haven't connected to anything yet

Leofis

May 12, 2011
Unfortunatelly i confirm that Bluetooth has some issues, in my case , i press it and nothing happens no icon or anything :(

ezet

Jan 2, 2012
BlueTooth don't work for me.

Unfortunatelly i confirm that Bluetooth has some issues, in my case , i press it and nothing happens no icon or anything :(

exacly - it try to enable BT but after some seconds of trying it stops.

Woops! Seems like some propriety bins didn't copy.
Uploading fixed version on my mediafire folder please reflash update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-u8800-KANG-signed_1.zip
The upload will finish in about 20 mins :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7.2 for Ideos X5 (u8800)

screenshottnf.png

About:

This is CyanogenMod 7.2 for Ideos X5 (u8800).
    It is built upon the latest sources of the gingerbread branch of CM7.2.
    Using 2.6.32.9 kernel with all the tweaks franciscofranco has made.

This is if you want a stable every day use rom.
    All are working expect native usb tethering but you can use any usb tethering app from the market.

Sources available on my github.

Features:

• Overclocked kernel to 1800mhz.
    • Many governors to choose from (lagfree, lazy, minmax, conservative, ondemand, smartassv2, performance).
    • Noop & deadline I/O Schedulers.
    • Built from source.
    • Super fast!
    • Super stable!
    • Bug free!
    • Tweaked for better performance!
    • Including X5 Settings!
    • Including ksatta headset patch!
    • Including screen duplicate filter by stockwell!
    • Patched hosts file (adfree).
    • Working native wifi tethering!
    • Unlocked FPS.

Tips and tricks!:

1) For faster animations go to app Spare Parts and select Window Animations -> Fast , Transition Animations -> Fast
    2) If you feel GUI is a bit sluggish use a different launcher. I personally use Go Launcher EX and it's full of features and fast! You can set the transition speed on Go Launcher EX settings.
    3) You should be easily get at least a day (24h) with usage. If not either your battery needs replacement or some app is draining it.
    4) If you don't like cdrom appearing every time just delete the folder cdrom from /system or rename autorun.iso to anything you like.
    5) If you don't have an external sd goto x5 settings and set use internal card and reboot.
    6) I suggest you try SetCPU for managing governors and find the one that best suits your needs.
    7) If you are coming from official 2.3.5 downgrading to 2.2.2 keep a backup of your IMEI with 5iromtoolbox. Google it and you shall find.
    8) I haven't included anything else expect google apps for a reason. That is that each has it's own taste. I could modify the rom with themes and apps that i think are nice but some people might not like them. Just use google play and tweak the rom according to what you like.

Changelog:

1. CM7.2 built on 2013-02-28
      Merged latest commits http://is.gd/QW4Gio
    2. CM7.2 built on 2013-01-03
      1) Revert to standard dpi and deodexed.
    3. CM7.2 built on 2012-11-22
      1) Merged all latest commits up to id I491072c0 from the gingerbread branch.
      2) Changed default dpi to 182 and added modded Play Store. If you want to change back to original dpi you can do it with "Dpi Changer Utility" already included in the ROM. Don't go below 180 or above 240 dpi cause it will break things up. Default dpi is 240. Also Play Store won't auto update. You need a custom Play Store from here http://is.gd/SOBDEB for dpi different than 240.
      3) Odexed build. Supposedly speeds up things a bit. You can read about it here http://is.gd/tpGa46
    4. CM7.2 built on 2012-07-21
      1) All the latest merged changes on gerrit plus some cherry picks :)
      2) Using by default a stock based kernel. Seems the same to me speed wise and a bit more battery friendly. If you would like to use the franco optimized kernel check out the downloads for and flash it through CWM.
    5. CM7.2 built on 2012-07-11
      1) Update to latest build.
    6. CM7.2 built on 2012-06-06
      1) Update to latest build.
    7. CM7.2 built on 2012-05-09
      1) Fixed some random reboots.
      2) Updated ondemand governor.
      3) Built upon latest CM sources.
    8. CM7.2 built on 2012-04-20
      1) Merged PaulMilbank changes to kernel. Should give more batter time! Thanks PaulMilbank (tweaked governors, set smartassv2 as default at 1024Mhz, enabled sio).
      2) Further improved kernel build. Even faster now!
      3) Removed NFS & CIFS.
      4) Several cherry-picks from code review.
      5) Change I95c987f1: Toggling the flashlight from the lock/pattern/sim unlock screens (Goto CM settings to enable this. Similar to MIUI).
      6) Change I4427e3f2: [bionic] Replace strlen() with ARMv7 optimized version
      7) Several other picks to improve performance.
      8) Replaced Mms.apk with the one that supports 160 chars on Greek, Portuguese etc.
      9) Removed 11fps from /etc/init.d/ should give bit more battery. If you need it unlocked you got to put it back and reboot.
      10) Removed unnecessary build.prop lines.
    9. CM7.2 built on 2012-04-13
      http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z
      u8800 specific:
      1) Disabled back key rejecting call.
      2) Added Greek T9 dialer.
      3) Patched hosts file to remove ads.
      4) Edit gps.conf for fast gps accuracy on .eu users.
      5) Updated adreno drivers, faster 3d performance.
      6) Tweaked wifi settings to stay connected while on sleep (goes on standby).
      7) Fixed native wifi tethering not getting an ip address from dhcp.
      8) Couple of build.prop tweaks for 3g/net performance.

Download

Installation Guide:

1. Check your stock version. If you are on froyo 2.2.* go to step 5 else if you are on official gingerbread 2.3.5 continue to step 2.
    2. Given that you are on official 2.3.5 you need to downgrade to stock froyo.
    3. Get the latest stock froyo from here and put the dload directory into your sd card.
    4. Power off. Press both volume keys and power on. Wait for the update process to finish. Once rebooted wipe data/cache.
    5. Get Official CWM from here.
    6. Remove the dload folder and boot into pink screen by holding both volume keys and power on.
    7. Replace recovery.img with the cwm recovery provided on step 5.
    8. Boot into recovery holding up volume key and power on.
    9. Choose select zip from sdcard and select the update-xxx.zip
    10. Reboot! Done!

Many thanks to the developers of the u8800 especially to: dzo, genokolar, stockwell, fransiscofranco, ksatta, ret4rt.

Screenshots:

screenshot1334371519948.png
    Howdy!
    Since there has been some positive feedback and people is still using this i took the time to rebuild my device tree and update it to the latest nightly build.
    So this is brand new with everything that has been committed up to this point.
    You can check what's new here http://is.gd/QW4Gio .
    Also i've changed dpi as i mentioned on the first post and also this time i build an odexed rom that would supposedly speed up a bit boot time.
    One thing before installing this new version please do a nandroid backup first as i haven't tested it when updating and i can't be 100% sure everything will go well.
    Also since this is a kinda "new" build there might be something i have missed or some new bug so let me know if there is.

:cool:
    Sorry but i cannot record video with 720p. ??? select High in option but only 480p. ?? Image shoot is bad and slow speed, atmel screen still lag, back to aurora :(

Get lgcamera, it's free from the market and it can shoot perfectly good 720p video. Yes picture/video quality might be a bit lower than what it is on .35 kernel but no matter what sort of drivers is implemented on the kernel if you have a mediocre camera lens you'll have mediocre photos and video. About atmel lag there's no such thing.

Hi ezet! First of all thanks for the best ROM imo we have for our phone. Best as in most stable and smoothest working ROM. I just installed the latest (22/11/2012)[NiGHTLY] and you mentioned Play Store does not auto update anymore? So I have to install it manually through CWM from the list of app here? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1580827 ? Also how come play store doesn't work just because the DPI is changed? What's happening there? There are so many versions there, 160, 240, 320 DPI. Which one do I use for this latest ROM? Cause you mentioned now the DPI is 182. There is no 182 listed there. If I install one of the others (not 182DPI) will it work as well. Thanks again for the best ROM ever! I was using Aurora for a month and damn it was a pain.

Thanks for your words. Yes you have to install the play store manually when there is a new update. Make sure you go to advanced options on CWM and mount system before you install it as most updater scripts have wrong mount points. Right now the latest version is already pre installed which is 3.10.9 taken from here http://is.gd/mtVPET . The reason i'm using a modded store is because the original one does a check on your dpi and accordingly presents you the appropriate applications for your dpi settings. So if you lower the dpi half the apps on play store will show as incompatible even though they can work properly on lower dpi settings. The modded play store you need for this device is one with 240 dpi (or a multi-dpi) as this is the default dpi of the phone.
    New version on 1st page!
    Changelog:
    1. CM7.2 built on 2012-04-20
      1) Merged PaulMilbank changes to kernel. Should give more batter time! Thanks PaulMilbank (tweaked governors, set smartassv2 as default at 1024Mhz, enabled sio).
      2) Further improved kernel build. Even faster now!
      3) Removed NFS & CIFS.
      4) Several cherry-picks from code review.
      5) Change I95c987f1: Toggling the flashlight from the lock/pattern/sim unlock screens (Goto CM settings to enable this. Similar to MIUI).
      6) Change I4427e3f2: [bionic] Replace strlen() with ARMv7 optimized version
      7) Several other picks to improve performance.
      8) Replaced Mms.apk with the one that supports 160 chars on Greek, Portuguese etc.
      9) Removed 11fps from /etc/init.d/ should give bit more battery. If you need it unlocked you got to put it back and reboot.
      10) Removed unnecessary build.prop lines.
    Uploading fresh version!! Check it out at my mediafire folder! It should be stable now!
    Fixed bluetooth!
    Fixed audio issues!
    Include Huawei ProjectMenu, x5settings, latest google apps!
    Fixed native wifi tethering!
    Fixed native usb tethering!