[Req]New Tab for Manila

Search This thread

seatone

Nov 10, 2005
I've read through a lot of posts, I used already the search function, I know that Google it's my friend, so on... :)
BUT, I badly need a way to make today agenda as a new tab for tf3d/manila (e.g. instead of call history tab).
Any help would be welcome (a cab file... my dream...;) ).
Thank you in advance.
/seatone

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
I think allot of people want custom tabs :D

It is currently being worked on by D-MAN666 and sushilange (the guys that made us the fantastic Manila Editor!)

So hopefully soon there will be some custom tabs for TouchFlo!!

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Action Screen Tab!

Wow... Look what I managed to to!! :D
'Maybe someone already done this..??'

attachment.php

The TouchPro Action Screen In it's own tab...

If I only could figure out how to rotate it and change the tab icon...!

Just add this to 26948339_manila

Code:
      <Page Order="11" Name="LandscapeMenu.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="Action" >
        <ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\LandscapeMenu.mode9" Component="LandscapePageComponent" SmartComponent="true" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Off" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_On" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Preview" />
      </Page>

Attachments

• ActionScreenTab.jpg
    ActionScreenTab.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 13,710

Elvelynn

Jul 10, 2008
Gernsbach
Wow that's really great :eek:
Altough I Don't know how we could edit the icon for this tab, I've seen that there is a tab-icon for the CommManager (42d367fd_manila).
Could it be that there is also a hidden tab for the CommManager?

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Wow that's really great :eek:
Altough I Don't know how we could edit the icon for this tab, I've seen that there is a tab-icon for the CommManager (42d367fd_manila).
Could it be that there is also a hidden tab for the CommManager?

Here's the commmanager... but I dont think it looks that nice... :rolleyes:

Code:
          <Page Order="12" Name="communications.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[IDS_COMMUNICATIONS]]" >
            <ComponentReference Name="page"  Mode9Path="HTC\settings.mode9" Component="CommunicationsPageComponent" SmartComponent="true"  />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_normal"   Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Off" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_On" />
        <ComponentReference Name="icon_preview"  Mode9Path="HTC\icons.mode9" Component="Programs_Preview" />
          </Page>

I think we have to figure out the name mode9 name of the icon...
so instead of Component="Programs_Off" It would be Component="CommManager_Off" or Component="Action_Off"

@Rotkaeqpchen
What happens?

Attachments

• CommManager.jpg
    CommManager.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,763

Elvelynn

Jul 10, 2008
Gernsbach
Yes, it really look's not so nice ;)
But if we change the color font in the CommManager from black to white, than it's not so bad.

D-MAN666

Jul 17, 2008
Action Screen is the Landscape Mode menu indeed. And for Comm Manager - nice finding, will dig it up for new API functions! :)

D-MAN666

Jul 17, 2008
Update:
I think i know why font color is wrong. It's not separate tab, but a modal dialog, which was lately replaced with standalone Comm Manager application. Same for Music Settings (which can be normally accessed from Music tab).

dtulsani

Jul 9, 2006
Not able to copy updated manilla file to Dimaond Windows folder

Hi I updated 26948339_manila file for adding new tabs now when I try to copy it to my Diamond's Windows folder I'm unable to. gives me a error "Access is Denied". It seems the file on Diamond is read only as I cannot delete or rename it either. Please help advice.

pen6uin

Nov 1, 2004
UK
Hi I updated 26948339_manila file for adding new tabs now when I try to copy it to my Diamond's Windows folder I'm unable to. gives me a error "Access is Denied". It seems the file on Diamond is read only as I cannot delete or rename it either. Please help advice.

try copying it with anything other than the wm file explorer..

Jorlin

Jun 5, 2008
Wow... Look what I managed to to!! :D
'Maybe someone already done this..??'

attachment.php

The TouchPro Action Screen In it's own tab...

If I only could figure out how to rotate it and change the tab icon...!

Just add this to 26948339_manila

Well, make this happen for all your themes, when I am on my Touch Pro and I slide out my keyboard... that's what I want to see :D