Battery Problem With Standby Time (Help)

Search This thread

hadi447

Dec 28, 2011
www.facebook.com
I have Problem With Standby Time .....My Battery After 12 Hours Standby Have 50% Drop.....I install Stock Rom But Itsnt Fix...Please Help Me:crying:

( I do wipe cash and wipe battey and calibrate)

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
new ugsrii

how long your battery used? if >2-year heavy use, could well be battery degrade. no solution except for buying a new one. (symptom: battery charge sudden drop, like 50% -> 20%).

adddaamo

Oct 1, 2010
how long your battery used? if >2-year heavy use, could well be battery degrade. no solution except for buying a new one. (symptom: battery charge sudden drop, like 50% -> 20%).

For me battery drops can sometimes happen when I don't charge battery to 100% - so it's good idea to always charge to full.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
First of all you should check if your battery is going into deep sleep mode. You can do that by installing Bettery Battery Stats, and leaving your phone idle with the screen off for some time. You should read the forum post to understand how it works. If after leaving your phone on "stand-by" you realize that it's not going into Deep Sleep mode, then you should find out what is keeping your phone awake.

I used to have the same situation as you, and it turned out that I had set the WiFi Sleep Policy in Viber to override the Roms setting, and consequently leaving my WiFi always on (which prevents your phone from sleeping). After fixing the issue in Viber my phone now turns WiFi off after 15 minutes of leaving my phone idle.

Now unless your battery is actually dying on you, I'm sure you can get a better battery life. I am using Tasker to program my phone to turn WiFi off when I turn off my screen, and then turn it on for 1 minute every 15 minutes during the day, and at nights it does the same thing but with an interval of 1 hour and half. There are apps in the Play Store that do this too, I've tried these both, and they work as they should, and they can even control your Data connection ;)

Green power
Deep Sleep Battery Saver

All in all I've been losing an average of 1.7% during the day, and 0.7% and 1.2% per night. My battery currently lasts about 2 days on one charge. This is all assuming it is actually your WiFi that's preventing your phone from sleeping, I just figured I'd share my experience in case it is in fact that; the important thing being that you could probably get the same results as I have (or even better, considering your battery isn't busted) if your phone is actually going into Deep Sleep.