Snowy screen? Boots in safe mode though? Any ideas?

Search This thread

ofarrell.g1

Jan 8, 2009
Hi all, non rooted S5 screen went all fuzzy, seems like a hardware issue except that it boots in safe mode... any ideas or anyone seen this before?

S0k7CfL.jpg

Thanks,
Nate

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Has it been dropped or wet? Have you installed any new app or updated anything before this?

Try pulling the battery, putting it back in, leaving it off. Then press and hold the volume+, home, and power button until the phone boots into recovery and do a factory reset ****CAUTION. ... YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA THAT HAS NOT BEEN BACKED UP VIA SD CARD OR SYNCED TO YOUR SAMSUNG/GOOGLE ACCOUNT ****

hope that helps
;)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

ofarrell.g1

Jan 8, 2009
it was dropped but in a spigen tough armor case --- perfect condition no visable damage or anything dropped from about 2 feet --- no water damage --- cannot boot into recovery that's why I figured it was hardware however it did boot once into safe mode but I cannot replicate that ---- I'm going to go to T-Mobile after work, think they will replace it under warranty?

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hard to say if it has been dropped. However with no visible damage, something is very well damaged on the inside.

It should be able resist that kind of blow though.

Have you tried to get into download mode?

ofarrell.g1

Jan 8, 2009
was just able to get into download mode --- then from there i rebooted into recovery and selected reboot... phone booted up normally but now crashed and went back to that snowy screen ---- something is fubar inside there im afraid

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Try to get back into recovery and factory reset if you have no other choice.

If you are near a computer you could try to backup the data on there real quick with keis or something, but I doubt it will be able to read your phone if it won't boot. Bleh

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Goodluck I'm going to bed. Hope you have it fixed when I check in the morning.

ofarrell.g1

Jan 8, 2009
Thanks for asking... I have not gotten it into recovery again. All my data is synced so I'm not worried about that. I've been with tmobile almost 15 years so I'm going to go there after work and see if theyll just give me a new phone.

iwillkillyou

Aug 13, 2010
Wow, that's scary. Those uncontrolled things that just happened. A fall caused internal damage. Hmm. I lost my galaxy S1 because of a bug. Good luck with this.

Stevebu

Nov 3, 2014
Issue with white fuzzy screen

Hi all, non rooted S5 screen went all fuzzy, seems like a hardware issue except that it boots in safe mode... any ideas or anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Nate

Hi Nate,
I have the exact same issue , been like this for a few days now. Not been dropped badly and phone is in a solid cover. I have been to my service provider and they are clueless. Have you been able to get to the bottom of the problem or fix the phone? Thanks. Steve

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Sounds like hardware at first. However, never heard of hardware issue causing snowy screen. That sounds more like an app or malware. Be it my first actual encounter with it on android.

If you can get to Odin mode reflash the tar file, that will at least clear out any system partition issues. Also will flash stock recovery. Then I'd try getting into stock recovery to wipe data.

Reactions: mkeys951

Fishyman

Sep 17, 2017
The screen connector is the culprit.. As it's supposed to touch only the side break fix of the circuit... It's the small opening or power inlet socket where you charge the phone.. The technician repair should rectify it..I got this game problem a few days ago.. Researched and found that this was the main culprit for this particular white fuzzy distorted
screen

got this fixed? any solution?
This can be caused by a handful of reasons...

The following YouTube video may work for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2tzUkX8SQ4

If not, then it's either:

1) Defective/Faulty LCD Display Assembly.

2) A bad Connection between the LCD Ribbon to the Mainboard/Motherboard.

3) Defective/Faulty Mainboard/Motherboard itself.

That's the best I can provide you as I don't physically have your device.

The following link does have various Guides/Tutorials regarding almost anything for the Galaxy S5 device that may come in handy for you.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Samsung_Galaxy_S5

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sounds like hardware at first. However, never heard of hardware issue causing snowy screen. That sounds more like an app or malware. Be it my first actual encounter with it on android.

If you can get to Odin mode reflash the tar file, that will at least clear out any system partition issues. Also will flash stock recovery. Then I'd try getting into stock recovery to wipe data.