My phone magically goes from locked/S-ON to unlocked/S-OFF

Search This thread

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
I've been seeing a lot of really weird things going on with my phone. I've been flashing lots of updates and various images, but it really surprised me to see it locked/S-ON again. It happened in my bootloader while I was playing with the ramdump, image crc, simlock, and smartsd. Iv e tried to replicate the situation, but It's not happening again. As of now, it's back to unlocked and S-OFF. How is that even possible? Has anyone else seen this happening?

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
I've been seeing a lot of really weird things going on with my phone. I've been flashing lots of updates and various images, but it really surprised me to see it locked/S-ON again. It happened in my bootloader while I was playing with the ramdump, image crc, simlock, and smartsd. Iv e tried to replicate the situation, but It's not happening again. As of now, it's back to unlocked and S-OFF. How is that even possible? Has anyone else seen this happening?

The bootloader(your Hboot image) is where you make the changes to S-Off etc but I've never seen or heard of a phone reverting to S-On...as far as I know that's impossible. I am S-Off but my bootloader says Locked and S-On but that's because I flashed an Hboot file designed to do exactly that...the phone is actually still unlocked and S-Off but it appears otherwise. Are you sure you didn't do something similar when you were messing around?

Sleepycloud

May 4, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
The bootloader(your Hboot image) is where you make the changes to S-Off etc but I've never seen or heard of a phone reverting to S-On...as far as I know that's impossible. I am S-Off but my bootloader says Locked and S-On but that's because I flashed an Hboot file designed to do exactly that...the phone is actually still unlocked and S-Off but it appears otherwise. Are you sure you didn't do something similar when you were messing around?

Man... It sounds crazy, but it's true. I've been flashing for a couple of years now. I've never seen such a thing happen. I didn't flash any modified hboot masks though. I"m unlocked and S-OFF, but I saw it turn to S-OFF while I was jacking arouind in my bootloader. It stayed that way for a couple of days, then it went back to unlocked and S-OFF without any more changes made by myself.

Munkeymon

Dec 26, 2008
Minneapolis
Mine reverted to S-ON somehow. I know I was S-OFF because I manually flashed the last firmware update through fastboot, but now it says tampered, unlocked and S-ON.

I'm not getting magically switched back though :( I used Firewater, so I'll just try that again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Curious as to what exactly you did to swap back between S-on & S-off. Any chance you could provide the steps you took?

Sent from my HTC device