jb/kk flash roms from another g2 variant on the vs980

Search This thread

juajar

Feb 18, 2012
Thanks!! I got it working with the T Mobile Debloated but as mentioned by previous posters the Rotation Fix will not work.. Anyone had any success on this front?

Also, has anyone been able to get LG OSP working with a Tmobile ROM?

Thanks!

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Thanks!! I got it working with the T Mobile Debloated but as mentioned by previous posters the Rotation Fix will not work.. Anyone had any success on this front?

Also, has anyone been able to get LG OSP working with a Tmobile ROM?

Thanks!

I dunno then man. I have used this on 4.2 and 4.4 based d802 Roms on my Vs980, and I have never had an issue with rotation.

I never tried flashing an international aosp ROM, as there is nothing they have that there isn't already a vs980 build for

juajar

Feb 18, 2012
4G LTE taking a long while to appear

Hi Everyone, I finally got the T Mobile 4.4.2 ROM working on my VS980, the only issue I have is that 4G LTE takes a long while to catch on (Stays on regular 4G for a while before). I remember with JB you had to flash the 12B modem and it worked like a charm (Connected to 4G LTE much faster). Has anybody else had these issues? Do I have to flash the modem in order to get it working properly?

Thanks in advance

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
4g is LTE there's no difference. Less you're talking about xlte or whatever it is, that offers 90mb down

prufessor_oak

Oct 20, 2014
Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to install an ATT variant on my Sprint phone? I gave tried editing the prop file but still get errors when trying to install from twrp.

devonburns20

Jun 15, 2012
Anyone else having trouble flashing Aeonflex 3.0.2
I fully wiped 3 times
Flashed Aeonflex 3.0.2
Then finally flashed 24a rotation fix
Ive done this atleast 7 times but for some reason i keep getting a black screen and it wont boot.
Im running 24a baseband so i dont know wht im doing wrong.

Reactions: Lawlrus

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Anyone else having trouble flashing Aeonflex 3.0.2
I fully wiped 3 times
Flashed Aeonflex 3.0.2
Then finally flashed 24a rotation fix
Ive done this atleast 7 times but for some reason i keep getting a black screen and it wont boot.
Im running 24a baseband so i dont know wht im doing wrong.

Pretty sure that's 4.2 base. His 4.4 build was half broken, and he couldn't get patches to work, so I think he removed it.

Reactions: devonburns20

waleedshiekh

Jan 31, 2013
Lahore
My phone is on 24A. I flashed Lightening Rom V5(D802) then roation fix patch. Everything works except Knock-On. Any solution for that? Thanks.

Edit: Got it working by Dorimanx No Knock Code kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow vs980 owners. anyone wanting to flash a stock based/flex/gpro2 or aosp kk based rom from the other variants can now do so by flashing a patch in the same recovery session b4 1st boot,

instructions: download rom (id maybe stay away from d800 just in case cuz of the 3rd mic tht all othe g2's lack?)
    wipe everything! data,cache,dalvik and system 3x
    flash rom
    If kk based stock/flex/gp2 rom flash the patch labeled 24a rotation fix, if aosp kk based flash the aosp kk patch. (If u have backwards rotation go back and flash the 24a rotation fix then REFLASH the aosp kk patch! (It wont boot otherwise)
    If u get a error about it being the wrong device on aosp you'll have to unzip the rom then go into the build prop and updater script and change it to vs980 from whatever it was originally. Also if u have network issues u can try to go into the build prop and change any instance of "lte on cdma device=0" to =1 and default network=9 to 11. Another thing that may work if there is no option for cdma in network settings is to dial *#*#4636#*#* then go to phone settings n change it to lte,evdo,cdma there.

Note: I would stay away from any kk rom that says "recovery included" or anything similar as you definitely don't want it flashing the wrong recovery to your phone so ask in the roms thread for someone to clarify what exactly the zip flashes,

Note #2: this should be considered a beta so you flash at your own risk. But im 99% sure that the worst case scenario is that it wont boot n you have to manually boot back into recovery n flash a different rom cuz these patches dont touch anything that would mess u up too bad, also it works on my phone and I've got confirmation from a few others that it works for them as well

note #3: these patches include a vs980 kernel for stock or aosp depending on the patch, however you should be able to flash any custom kernel of your choice after the patches

Note #4: the aosp patch is from dr87's mahdi rom which i believe is caf based, idk what mokee or sokp uses but if its not caf based try unzipping the aosp patch and replace the boot.img in it with one from slim or cm or just ask in the roms thread which kernels are known to work for that rom then flash that after the patch,
    download link: https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B0lbyXDReetfSVh5MFA2M3RyMGs/edit
    credits: dr87, tangjun269, dorimanx,bigfau, cloudyfa

if i helped press thanx
    I just wanted to let people know, I should hopefully update this to kk soon. We just gotta wait till dr87s aosp roms are updated for the kk baseband as it's his device specific patch that I kanged to get cdma to work on non vs980 stock roms. So hopefully we'll be able to run gpro2 roms pretty soon
    sorry about the file being gone from my drive link guys. I'm not real familiar w drive n put that folder as can edit instead of can view n a couple d bags took it upon themselves to delete a bunch of stuff n add some weird crap n just plan cause me a big head ache trying to fix it. But hopefully its back up now though.
    I don't have a good connection at work but as soon as I get home I'm gonna download a gpro2 Rom n if all goes well I'll post the new files n instructions for flashing d80x kk roms.
    I don't have a good connection at work but as soon as I get home I'm gonna download a gpro2 Rom n if all goes well I'll post the new files n instructions for flashing d80x kk roms.

Well looks like there are still some kinks to work out out but I'll update the thread wen i get it working