[Update-Newer version] Moto X Camera app for Xperia SP

Search This thread

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Update- Upon further investigation I found a newer version on XDA. I am attaching a flashable zip in the post. Thanks to this guy - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52153586&postcount=306

IMP - By default the app takes pictures in 5MP resolution. If you want to take pictures in 8MP resolution, just disable 16:9 mode in settings.

Just like all other Xperia SP users, I was completely dissappointed with the phone's horrible camera. Upon further investigation I realised that the issue was due to the unpolished and half-baked stock camera app and therefore some users posted Xperia M's camera app which performed better.

After some little searching on the internet, I found Moto X's camera apk.
The app does wonders on our device and performs better than Stock camera or google camera app, especially in terms of auto-focus department.
So, I suggest everyone to try it out. I am attaching the apk to the post.

Works on stock as well as custom ROMS.

NOTE - Produces great results while taking pictures of 'texts and documents' where stock app fails terribly.

Bugs - Not all features are working (eg HDR mode). But the app does a pretty decent job.

Attachments

• MotoXCamera.apk
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,557
  • Moto_Cam-Gallery.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 5,267
Last edited:

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks, unfortunately there's no gear for me, just a question mark that opens a quick tutorial....

Press the ladybug icon at the bottom after sliding out the menu by swiping towards right. It is only available in the zipped version I guess. I am trying to get the new material camera app to work, I'll update if I am successfull.

Gorlomi

Sep 13, 2012
Bermeo
Press the ladybug icon at the bottom after sliding out the menu by swiping towards right. It is only available in the zipped version I guess. I am trying to get the new material camera app to work, I'll update if I am successfull.
Thanks, I did read about the ladybug but I get no ladybug when I swipe towards right, nothing on the bottom right corner and just the question mark on the top right one.

I downloaded the file directly using tapatalk, could that be the problem?

codeknight11

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks, I did read about the ladybug but I get no ladybug when I swipe towards right, nothing on the bottom right corner and just the question mark on the top right one.

I downloaded the file directly using tapatalk, could that be the problem?

I guess you used the apk. The apk and zip versions are different. Its been a while since I changed any roms so I don't remember whether I flashed some other app to enable extra settings. I have 2-3 different versions lying on my laptop. Try the flashable zip version and see if the ladybug icon appears.

Edit - If the ladybug icon doesn't appear in the zip version, try this one - http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/how-to-unlock-advanced-camera-settings-t2884035

I had used this version too.

Last edited:

Gorlomi

Sep 13, 2012
Bermeo
I guess you used the apk. The apk and zip versions are different. Its been a while since I changed any roms so I don't remember whether I flashed some other app to enable extra settings. I have 2-3 different versions lying on my laptop. Try the flashable zip version and see if the ladybug icon appears.
Will do that and report back, thanks. [emoji2]

halloarno

Aug 31, 2014
Zuidlaren
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Edit - If the ladybug icon doesn't appear in the zip version, try this one - http://xdaforums.com/moto-g/general/how-to-unlock-advanced-camera-settings-t2884035

I had used this version too.

Tried it. Installed the zip file, edit build.prop. But no ladybug.

(the suggested additionol apk won't install, neither the xposed module)

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Edit: i got it! I forgot to uninstall the frist motxcamera.apk. And I wiped cache and dalvik cache, just to be sure.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update- Upon further investigation I found a newer version on XDA. I am attaching a flashable zip in the post. Thanks to this guy - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52153586&postcount=306

IMP - By default the app takes pictures in 5MP resolution. If you want to take pictures in 8MP resolution, just disable 16:9 mode in settings.

Just like all other Xperia SP users, I was completely dissappointed with the phone's horrible camera. Upon further investigation I realised that the issue was due to the unpolished and half-baked stock camera app and therefore some users posted Xperia M's camera app which performed better.

After some little searching on the internet, I found Moto X's camera apk.
    The app does wonders on our device and performs better than Stock camera or google camera app, especially in terms of auto-focus department.
    So, I suggest everyone to try it out. I am attaching the apk to the post.

Works on stock as well as custom ROMS.

NOTE - Produces great results while taking pictures of 'texts and documents' where stock app fails terribly.

Bugs - Not all features are working (eg HDR mode). But the app does a pretty decent job.
    Work's also with Stock Roms.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
    Is there any way to change resolution to 8 MP...and jes, this camera is batter than stock and aosp...:)

Disable 16:9 mode in settings