Search This thread

Spookidoodles

Aug 25, 2011
Dunstable, UK
Hi there, looking for some more advice here!

Just took out a contract with Orange, and I want the orange apps..specifically 'Your Orange' so I can look at my account and such on the fly.

After doing a bit of research, I've found a few different bits of 'loose' information, with nothing significant really coming of them.

XAP - I am led to believe that the reason I can't just download an XAP is because the phone's ID's will determine wether the app can or can't load. Hence why I can't find a single .XAP of it online.

ROM Flashing - If I flash the Orange UK CSC with a rom will that work? If so, my next questions is how do I flash a CSC with the new custom Rainbow rom? I thought this might work, but then when I looked at my phone the H3G app still shows under Samsung Zone even though I flashed to a non-branded ROM and am now flashed to a unreleased custom ROM at the moment, but the H3G one still shows. I have never used a 3 sim card in this phone, but it is 3 branded. I thought flashing a different rom would get rid of that/give me the one I wanted (flashing with the orange CSC for example)

Registry Editing - I'm sure most people here now know how to get different manufacturers apps on their phones.

The key that sit next to it apparently control the operator apps.

HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\OemName
HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\MobileOperator

Does anyone wether this works, and if so what the Orange UK code is?

-----EDIT----

After looking at the ROMs, I've determined that Orange's code is ORA-GB. After setting this in the registry and doing a reboot I still can't access the Orange apps in the marketplace, and the H3G app still shows up at the bottom of Samsung Zone. ¬¬

Please don't tell me to search. You will literally find odds and ends like this - I search loads last night and today!

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Take a look at my OEM Marketplace XAPs (thread linked in my sig). People have also posted the info for ccessing carrier marketplaces using that.

Oh, and you may want to revert the DeviceTargetingInfo registry values *RIGHT NOW*. At some point - I don't know how long it takes or what the trigger is - having those registry values mis-set apparently causes your marketplace DRM to break, and all your purchased (or free or trial) apps stop working. I only *know* it happens for the OEM value, but I would expect that it happens for the Operator too. The method used by the OEM Marketplace XAPs is much safer by all reports so far.

Reactions: Spookidoodles

Spookidoodles

Aug 25, 2011
Dunstable, UK
Take a look at my OEM Marketplace XAPs (thread linked in my sig). People have also posted the info for ccessing carrier marketplaces using that.

Oh, and you may want to revert the DeviceTargetingInfo registry values *RIGHT NOW*. At some point - I don't know how long it takes or what the trigger is - having those registry values mis-set apparently causes your marketplace DRM to break, and all your purchased (or free or trial) apps stop working. I only *know* it happens for the OEM value, but I would expect that it happens for the Operator too. The method used by the OEM Marketplace XAPs is much safer by all reports so far.

Thanks man. So what I've gathered from that is that I need to change the XML file. I'm too nooby, any idea on how I can edit those on my Omnia 7? (now you can yell at me for not using the search!)

EDIT

Was just about to start editing me some XML's, when I realised I needed Adobe Reader. (Bare in mind I had already set my DeviceTargetingInfo back to 000-GB) loaded up WP7 marketplace, and at the top of the list, staring me in the face is Orange Selects. I don't know if its because I changed the DeviceTargetingInfo (but I changed it back and rebooted so how in good god...?) or if my Orange sim just kicked it into working after being in the phone for a while (only put the sim in 3 and a half hours ago) but yeah. It's working. So..thanks? :p lmao

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's the 3.5 hours one, almost certainly. The phone updates those XML files (the one my XAPs modify) automatically. In my case (in the US) I believe it happens around sometime in the night or early morning. That sounds just about right for the UK.

Reactions: Spookidoodles

Spookidoodles

Aug 25, 2011
Dunstable, UK
It's the 3.5 hours one, almost certainly. The phone updates those XML files (the one my XAPs modify) automatically. In my case (in the US) I believe it happens around sometime in the night or early morning. That sounds just about right for the UK.

That's pretty cool, and interesting knowledge! I wasn't desperate for the apps so if I would have known prehand I would have just waited - I thought that I was never going to be able to get them! Thanks for all your help man, and seriously thanks again for those XAP's (used them quite a while back now) but they are really awesome.

sab742

Apr 21, 2012
That's pretty cool, and interesting knowledge! I wasn't desperate for the apps so if I would have known prehand I would have just waited - I thought that I was never going to be able to get them! Thanks for all your help man, and seriously thanks again for those XAP's (used them quite a while back now) but they are really awesome.

Sorry to resurrect the post, but I was wondering if you could tell me the contents of the mobile operator XML?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.