[SOLVED] Google Play error -101

Search This thread

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
Everytime I try to download anything from google play market it says it cannot with error -101. I have tried clear data, force stopping and clearing data on google services framework but nothing seems to work. It also happens on other roms, be it gb or ics. It seems my google account has been blocked?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332064847755.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332064847755.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 2,143
Last edited:

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
You could get the apk from another source while you wait it out

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

zandhorn

Sep 23, 2008
Tartu
So a volume download ban, huh?
I just reflashed the rom - had to do it twice because first time the a2sd got screwed. On the first time, though, all the apps restored and installed fine(until the memory filled up, damnit), on the 2nd go there's sh!tload of memory available but nothing downloads because of the 101 error.
Does that make sense?
And how long do I have to wait 'ere it wears out?
thx..

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
I don't think that the 101 error is anything to do with a download limit - unless Google use it as a general "Something went wrong" error message.

I hardly ever install new apps, so my downloads from the Market (still can't bring myself to call it Google Play) are minimal. This morning I reloaded Reaper onto my phone, signed in to my Google account and started getting the 101 messages whenever I tried doing anything on the Market.

Ran a Factory Reset on my phone, signed in again and it worked perfectly. The only difference was that the first time I enabled my WiFi first, the second time I did it all over the mobile network.

zandhorn

Sep 23, 2008
Tartu
Interesting. I think I used wifi on the first time and just mobile on the second time. And then, later enabled wifi on the 2nd, too. No difference there - it D/L'd everything nicely on the first time and totally blows on the 2nd - no matter what.

edit1:
mkay, seems that the error could be related to the version of the market. I've got 3.4.6 now, but 3.5.15 seems to be needed to use the market correctly. Trying out now, will post back how it went.

edit2:
Yup, that worked.
The final verdict: Google play won't allow you to access if it is outdated. That's where the error 101 comes from.

Got the new version from there

Last edited:

zapirkon

Mar 26, 2012
Got error 921 after installing 3.5.15
clearing google play store and google services framework data solved this issue.

Solidgrue

Jun 26, 2010
I was getting error -101 on Store updates after an upgrade to 4.0.4, and error 921 after forcing an upgrade of Google P* Store to 3.5.15. Clear data/force stop on Google P* Store and Google Services Framework, either with or without a reboot, did not seem to help. I deleted my Google account from the phone and re-added it, and that seemed to fix it.

bladefistx2

Aug 18, 2010
Be'er Sheva
remove google account?

That's a tough thing to ask.
To remove google account, would mean for me to do a Factory reset.

also getting 921 error on Vending 3.5.16

ajaaibu

Apr 6, 2012
I guess its an issue with some particular builds of google play, can u check your version? I also had the same issue but all of a sudden it started working again and when i check the version play store seemed to be updated to 3.5.15..

m.capurso

Dec 28, 2011
Giovinazzo
info.bazarinfo.info
Error 101 SOLVED

I have phones and tablets with Android 2.2 and 2.3 . Those with Android 2.3 expose the 101 error.
I disinstalled updates (Settings, Applications, All, Google Play) for Google Play
Then I cleared data for Google P* Store and Google Services Framework (Settings, Applications, All, Google Services Framework , clear all data)
Then I rebooted the phone. And it works. Download and updates work.
It works also for a Smart TV BOX from China with 2.3.1 loaded.