Bluetooth and Wifi broken

Search This thread

cegna09

Jun 20, 2009
I have absolutely no idea what is going on with this. Currently when i try and turn on bluetooth it will sit and think for about 15 seconds like it's turning the radio on, then just fail and go back to thinking the radio is off. When i try to activate wifi it does the same, but says error.

I am running neutrino 2.7, but was seeing this on 2.6 as well. I did a full wipe and re-install last night, and installed apps one by one to try and find what broke it. I thought i had identified google voice as the culprit, but with that uninstalled and almost no other apps installed bluetooth and wifi broke this morning.

if i flash a radio it will fix it maybe once in 5 tries, and only for about 20 minutes or so, then it fails again.

this started last week around the same time AT&T started throttling my data for going over 3.5gigs. No idea if that is related.

any ideas, things to try, etc?

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Make a backup and flash the stock rom and stock radio for that rom, see if it still happens. I've read of others having wifi and bluetooth problems, you may try reading in those threads.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Last edited:

cegna09

Jun 20, 2009
nope, not yet. I've tried other kernels, and other versions of neutrino (was on EE, tried GT), nothing. Even with a clean wipe it's being dumb.

Downloaded the stock AT&T rom in fruitcake form, going to try that next.

From some reading i think there might actually be some phones with a hardware defect where some soldering wears out and starts messing up the bluetooth/wifi. I'm praying that isn't my phone because i'm well out of warranty.

dLo GSR

Mar 7, 2011
Los Angeles
i have the same issue on CM9 as of yesterday. no amount of wipes or different CM9 roms helps, haven't tried any GB roms yet though.

cegna09

Jun 20, 2009
i've read that.

flashed stock AT&T rom today, still have problems. not amused.

backing up my data, formatting all sd cards, wiping everything and trying again.

filipelb

Feb 17, 2012
I'm with this problem too, Im running morrisoft rom since last month and I didn't any update, change configs or flash anything before It starts, so wierd...my wifi+bluetooth was working at night them in the next day it wasn't anymore lol..

(it happened today btw)

i ill try change my rom and see what happens...

cegna09

Jun 20, 2009
same issue on a completely clean wipe. pretty sure at this point it's a hardware issue and not software.

I'll try the "fix" posted in the other threat at some point.

cegna09

Jun 20, 2009
clean wipe has no effect. Wifi will sporadically work, bluetooth won't. I'm pretty sure based on how inconsistent the issue is this is a hardware issue. Not amused at all. No warranty left on this phone, and no upgrade until october.

taylrjones

Jul 12, 2011
Knoxville, TN
This must be a pretty common problem. I had the exact same issue as OP, tried everything to fix it and nothing. Thankfully, I had an upgrade waiting for me. I tried to send mine in for warranty repair but no dice because of the bootloader being unlocked. (I even flashed it back to stock so that it didn't say "UNLOCKED")

jiggytom

Jun 18, 2007
This must be a pretty common problem. I had the exact same issue as OP, tried everything to fix it and nothing. Thankfully, I had an upgrade waiting for me. I tried to send mine in for warranty repair but no dice because of the bootloader being unlocked. (I even flashed it back to stock so that it didn't say "UNLOCKED")
They didn't want to repair it because they knew it had been unlocked? Are we talking about motorola?