REVIEW: Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headphone BH-503

Search This thread

spaanplaat

Jan 9, 2006
Roosendaal
I just received my Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headphone BH-503 and thought I would share my experience with you all.

Since this is my 4th bluetooth stereo headset I wanted to make sure this headset would sound better and had no connection breakdowns. I hate the clipping and stutter during what supposed to be a happy music moment. So I read allot of reviews of allot of headsets and this one caught my attention. I bought this headset online from www.one2remember.nl and it costs 90 euro's. (in Holland)

3753422.jpg

It comes with a charger (off course), a manual in 20 languages or so and a handy transport bag. The overall first impression is good. Feels solid compared to the jabra bt620s or the moto ht820.

One of the top things about this headset is that it almost completely covers the ears. As I ride my bike alto in Holland and we have windy weather most of the time I found this headset to isolate you completely from you surrounding. Also the weight of the headset does not trouble me. At first you feel a bit of pressure on your ears but after 5 minutes the only thing reminds you of wearing a headset is the music you will be hearing.

During my test drive I got a call from a friend and to my surprise he actually understood me. As there was wind I didn’t need to stop for him to be able to hear me which is a big fat PLUS!

Another plus point is the charging time. It is full within one hour. And it should last for about 10 hours. (haven’t tested yet as I have it only 3 hours)

The buttons of the headset are completely flat and if you don’t know which button is which it is hard to press the right one. But I guess you just have to get used to it. But this also is a plus since you aren’t most likely to accidental press a button.

Sound quality is great. There is allot of bass to it and the distortion I experienced with other headsets is gone.

Also the bluetooth range is exceptional. The manual says it is able the transfer the music up to 10m but within a 5m range it’s best but when I go outside the 5m range music is good up to 9m. Further than 9m music is going to stutter.

Overall conclusion; It is not the cheapest headset but man I love it:D:D!!

EnsconcE

May 8, 2008
Nice review! Though i think a button should not be flat, if you should not press it accidentally it should be hard to push that button ;).

You are talking about that this is your 4th headset, which are the other 3? It makes a nice comparison.

spaanplaat

Jan 9, 2006
Roosendaal
I hate it when I wear it around my neck (not listening to music) and the collar of my jacket keeps pressing the dial button. So that's why I don't mind having flat buttons. :D

I've had the motorola ht820, jabra bt620s and the plantronics pulsar 590E.

None of them sounded as clear and loud as the nokia.

I've been using it for the last 1,5 week and it is still the best I've had.
Just lovin it :p

usman_minhas

Jul 31, 2010
Problem with mic in using HTC Desire with BH 503

I have just purchased BH 503. The problem i faced it that it connects with Phone and Media profiles well. but It seems that Mic is not working. As when I pair the device it shows headset only and not Mic.

Does anybody faced this issue?

Appreciate your kind help in this regard.