Generic tablet shows 0.0B internal storage after reset

Search This thread

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Hello and thanks for your time. I'll try to be as brief as possible:

I bought my gf a Polaroid 7" tablet running Jellybean 4.1.1, after a while, the tablet started freezing at times, and one time it just froze completely. I pushed the physical RESET button it has (since the battery cannot be removed) and that's where it all started. Of course, all data was lost, but it kept randomly freezing and rebooting, and after each reboot every configuration was lost again (as a factory reset).

It now shows 2 internal storages: The first says it's a total 0.0B but has 114MB data used, and the other shows a 4,3GB total and 1MB used. I cannot install/updat anything. There is no support whatsoever for this tablet (even the model is very rare PMID702DC). It is not rooted, it cannot be turned off (it just reboots automatically), I've tried going to recovery mode through ADB but it just reboots as normal... any ideas on how to fix this? My gf only used it for fb and a couple games (since it has a low 512 RAM). Thanks in advance!

Aoi v1

Aug 9, 2012
Bump, sorry, this is driving me crazy. It's been a couple days and I just can't find a proper solution. Some mention something about busybox, but the device is not rooted :/ don't know what to do.