[Q] Helpos Dead Battery?

Search This thread

Daveqb

Mar 22, 2012
Hello Fellas,

My HOX decided to say farewell, but i dont wanna let it go so easily.
What happened exactly :
1. HOX in the pocket of my track pants, when i suddenly feel a strange heat on my thigh.
2. Grabbed the HOX to check whats going on, it's black as dead, but is insane hot
3. My thought was : damn you phone, did you accidentialy press yourself in my pocket to draw all power with screen on? you're going to be charged again
4. Trying to charge phone, nothing is happening (no red charging light)
5. Trying to start phone, nothing is happening
6. Tryping to vol-down start phone, nothing is happening
7. Connectiong via Usb, nothing is happening, also no power floating via usb
8. Tell somebody to call me to check if by some inzane chance display AND power-button AND usb port are broken => he calls me and
it rings on his side, NOT on my side, after basic ring duration mailbox replying

So now after my battery life constantly decreased over the last year my first thought is a broken battery. I already ordered a new one, but until its arrival i've thought to throw this case in here for some differential diagnosis, because i cant explain the inzane heat. Is it possible that some other part went boom?

Regards

P.S. i checked the common FAQ and used the search but there are no much information about the detailed death of a battery

D0GuKaN

Jul 12, 2010
Ankara
dkorkmazturk.org
Decreased battery life can be explained with battery's life span but I think we can't say the exact reason. Dead battery can damage other parts of phone or a damaged part can use more battery.