My home launcher always asks which to use

Search This thread

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm running stock touchwiz. 4.3 rooted. Since yesterday I have a problem after using my phone when I press home key it asks me which launcher to use. Easy or the other. I tap always. But again after a while it asks me the same.
I dony know why please help.
I dony have any launcher other then tw.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
I'm running stock touchwiz. 4.3 rooted. Since yesterday I have a problem after using my phone when I press home key it asks me which launcher to use. Easy or the other. I tap always. But again after a while it asks me the same.
I dony know why please help.
I dony have any launcher other then tw.

I was facing same problem as yours with U.K BTU firmware on Kitkat, after flashing U.A.E firmware problem resolved.

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I read somewhere that this problem is because of google search update so I uninstalled the update for google search. Since then popup hasnt appeared. I dont know if its the fix or not. If mt problem again I came ill post here.

It's a very annoying bug. I always get this when I try to open soemting in tapatalk or open office. It simply won't store the 'open with' settings.

What you can try is to temporarily install another launcher (Apex and Nova are free), press home, select that one as always, uninstall it again, press home and select the one you want. Might work.

Reactions: thahim

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It's a very annoying bug. I always get this when I try to open soemting in tapatalk or open office. It simply won't store the 'open with' settings.

What you can try is to temporarily install another launcher (Apex and Nova are free), press home, select that one as always, uninstall it again, press home and select the one you want. Might work.

It was solved by uninstalling updates for google search. But the problem has again came in after few days now.
I dont want to install any launcher.
Is this because of tapatalk?

It was solved by uninstalling updates for google search. But the problem has again came in after few days now.
I dont want to install any launcher.
Is this because of tapatalk?

I wasn't suggesting you actually keep the other launcher.

No, it's because of a few system files in KitKat not being writable. It has nothing to do with the specific apps. (The WiFi password file also has this issue for som.e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.