Search This thread

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
X11.23142.CHT you can't rearrange the tabs. Cal history still appears second, even though I moved it to the end. I re-downloaded after you said you uploaded the wrong ROM, so it is the latest one.

yes I've the same problem, there was also in the old 23139

Trying out the Nov. 1 Cookie version, and I have this issue also. Removing the tabs works fine, but rearranging them does nothing. Sense restarts like its supposed to, but the tabs are in the same order as the original"default". The settings/personalization screen shows the "customized" order I selected, contrary to the actual order of the tabs.

Any fix for this? Is this working correctly for any other Tilt 2 owners on the Cookie version?

UPDATE: I've had 2 SODs within 2 hours of flashing. Possibly a bad flash is the cause of the SODs and the tab issue? I followed the recommended sequence of Task29>flash HTC S2 Stock Euro ROM>flash Deep Shining>Hard Reset.

Last edited:

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
DeepShining Touchstone released

Hi guys,

I´ve received severall requests to make a "naked" or "stripped" Rom so I decided to do it.

Touchstone is based on DeepShining X11.Sense, it has all battery, speed and stability perfomance but with no extra tabs and very few apps, bottom line is a kind of Stock Rom with my personnal touch, tweaks and improvements

details:

02-Nov-2010: DeepShining X11.23144.Touchstone details:
. DeepShining "Stripped" Rom
. Low Memory footprint
. Manila 2.5.2018
. COM3 23144 Build
. No extra Tabs or extra apps
. No taskmanagers to avoid lockups
. Opera backspace working (issue from deepshining sense)

Download

Enjoy it

ianderson_76

Feb 13, 2009
For the Touchstone, is it possible to install some extra tabs seperately? I think I would only use the Music, Weather, Documents tabs. Is that possible with Touchstone?

ace10134

Aug 15, 2007
Trying out the Nov. 1 Cookie version, and I have this issue also. Removing the tabs works fine, but rearranging them does nothing. Sense restarts like its supposed to, but the tabs are in the same order as the original"default". The settings/personalization screen shows the "customized" order I selected, contrary to the actual order of the tabs.

Any fix for this? Is this working correctly for any other Tilt 2 owners on the Cookie version?

UPDATE: I've had 2 SODs within 2 hours of flashing. Possibly a bad flash is the cause of the SODs and the tab issue? I followed the recommended sequence of Task29>flash HTC S2 Stock Euro ROM>flash Deep Shining>Hard Reset.

There is no Nov 1st Cookie version ;) He hasn't updated it yet. Only the Sense and that new slim ROM were updated. So you simply flashed the same older ROM! hehe

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
awesome!

Hi guys,

I´ve received severall requests to make a "naked" or "stripped" Rom so I decided to do it.

Touchstone is based on DeepShining X11.Sense, it has all battery, speed and stability perfomance but with no extra tabs and very few apps, bottom line is a kind of Stock Rom with my personnal touch, tweaks and improvements

details:

02-Nov-2010: DeepShining X11.23144.Touchstone details:
. DeepShining "Stripped" Rom
. Low Memory footprint
. Manila 2.5.2018
. COM3 23144 Build
. No extra Tabs or extra apps
. No taskmanagers to avoid lockups
. Opera backspace working (issue from deepshining sense)

Download

Enjoy it

Will test this one out (just flashed it) and comment how great it is.
Great you've cooked it so fast :D

Thanks again for the naked, standard, stripped, eeehm, Touchstone ROM

empds

Jul 20, 2009
WOW

Touchstone is awesome, fast, stable and lots of free Ram. This Rom is a milestone.

Thanks a lot dot

El Nino1977

Jul 10, 2009
Peterborough

A soft reset or 2 after sense has reloaded sets the tabs. I had the same problem on another rom.

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
comment on the Touchstone

The Touchstone is a great rom.
Speedy, stock just the way i want it.

- The only bad thing I can think of is the Twitter TAB/APP:
When I receive new Tweets I can't scroll up.
I can do it a little bit but it returns to the tweet before the "update".
Not a big problem, when i change tabs (to another and back) i start at the top of the messages. I'll search arround for this bug but i think it's in the manila version (had it before on some roms)

mikew29

Mar 10, 2008
task managers

hi
wanted to let everyone know that arkswitch task manager causes the same sod issue that mmtask manager does.
has anyone found a finger friendly task manager that works with the newer ms build?

running deepshing x11 without mmtask manager

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
The Touchstone is a great rom.
Speedy, stock just the way i want it.

- The only bad thing I can think of is the Twitter TAB/APP:
When I receive new Tweets I can't scroll up.
I can do it a little bit but it returns to the tweet before the "update".
Not a big problem, when i change tabs (to another and back) i start at the top of the messages. I'll search arround for this bug but i think it's in the manila version (had it before on some roms)

yep, thats related with Manila Core 2018 (used in all deepshining Roms) from Oboe (Asia). Oboe does not support Twitter (chinese laws :mad:) and this is why we all have the scrolling issues. So Why do I use it ? Manila 2018 is faster than 2016 or 2017 and I think we can live with this twitter glitch.

hi
wanted to let everyone know that arkswitch task manager causes the same sod issue that mmtask manager does.
has anyone found a finger friendly task manager that works with the newer ms build?

running deepshing x11 without mmtask manager

I am testing Xtask.
Download Here

Last edited:

bigchrizzieboy

Sep 30, 2007
Near Amsterdam
Thanks & Arkswitch

Thanks for clearing up the Twitter problem :), indeed we can live with it.

Taskmanager:
I'm using Arswitch 1.20 without any freezup on this ROM.
I'm NOT using any theme, themes are not stable on arkswitch.

Last edited:

1milenia

Jan 15, 2009
thanks for fixing the backspace issue with opera

im now running w7 with it and it runs stable

greenscreen014.png

irgb

Apr 15, 2008
calendar

does anyone know how to jump dates ahead one day? mine is showing Christmas day as being on the 24th and so on.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
does anyone know how to jump dates ahead one day? mine is showing Christmas day as being on the 24th and so on.

Make sure you're calendar is on the right year. It sounds like it might be on 2009 if it's behind one day.

Fun Fact: Each day falls on the next day of the week in the following year, unless it is a leap year. For example, today is Friday, 5 November. Next year it will be Saturday, 5 November. :D

cbronson41

Oct 11, 2008
The Colony, TX
I'm not sure why, but I've had the SOD a few times on DeepShining X11.23144.Sense - anyone else?
No SOD's yet(hopefully not ever), and I'm overclocked :). When are you getting the SOD's? From after a phone call, texting, internet, certain programs ect...?
The only problem I've been able to find is my yahoo mail is having some errors connecting (was working fine in the last version nothing changed since then on my part), AOL working fine, haven't searched yet for the yahoo problem, probably an easy fix. Other than that everything so far seems to be working fine!

Thanks dotcompt for another great ROM!!

EDIT: Found the fix for the yahoo problem, if anyone else needs it check THIS out (post #3). See what searching does?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.