porting sense to GN

Search This thread

MistaBishi

Oct 21, 2011
Devonport
If you wanted a device with Sense, you should've bought a HTC. I'm sick of seeing this Sense threads.

And I doubt any developer in this forum would bother porting Sense.

masully84

Dec 22, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes please search this topic before posting this, it's been brought countless times already

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

lowandbehold

Feb 26, 2011
Vandling, PA
If you wanted a device with Sense, you should've bought a HTC. I'm sick of seeing this Sense threads.

You tell him!! I mean who would really want more options on such a developer friendly phone?? OP is just crazy! And why would a developer want to take the challenge anyway when they can just grab up some CM source code, throw some mods in and have their own ROM?

Reactions: case0

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
You tell him!! I mean who would really want more options on such a developer friendly phone?? OP is just crazy! And why would a developer want to take the challenge anyway when they can just grab up some CM source code, throw some mods in and have their own ROM?

Or the OP could scroll down 2 or 3 threads and put his input into the other 2 sense port threads out there instead of cluttering things up. Just my .02.

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010

Except that there are already multiple Launchers that can make the phone act like it has Sense on it, and there are plenty of topics *just* like this one.

Also, Sense is crap.

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Wow some of you guys are being really moronic. Perhaps he likes Sense but wanted a phone with a 720p screen and Google Wallet, or no hardware buttons, or countless other reasons.

Fair enough for telling him he should have searched before posting but just because you don't like Sense it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

mb02

Jun 24, 2010
Wow some of you guys are being really moronic. Perhaps he likes Sense but wanted a phone with a 720p screen and Google Wallet, or no hardware buttons, or countless other reasons.

Fair enough for telling him he should have searched before posting but just because you don't like Sense it doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

Well I want a ZR1 Corvette that gets great gas mileage. Doesn't mean I'm gonna go out and buy one based on the assumption that I heard one time someone was able to optimize the motor and it boosted gas mileage by 50% without sacrificing power. Can't always have our cake and eat it too. Damn consumer mentality...

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
Hey the Nexus One had sense roms.. and they was every day friendly..

But i agree with what other users have said and i say it all the time.. What do you people be thinking about when you buy phones?

If i like Sense ima buy a sense phone.. but if i cant live without my AOSP than im going to stay on a AOSP phone. or buy both..

i say always check a phone "hackabillty" before buying it.. i always wait a few weeks or so before buying a new hot product..

casserly

Jan 8, 2011
Stockholm
I don't get why people even post on a thread if all they're gonna do is complain, call others assholes or "bright crayons". If you DONT like it, DONT post. Others might be up for a port, just because you aren't you shouldn't feel the need to be rude about it.
Although I might add also that you should have searched the rest of the generals page b4 posting, there should be about 3-4 other threads about this ;)
When there's a developer who is ready to try the port, he will; we won't need to ask for it. There have been attempts already (for both Touchwiz and Sense) but there are problems.
Check the CDMA section of the GNex on Rootswiki and youll know what Im talking about :)

Reactions: case0 and offenberg

EKnofsky

Oct 20, 2010
PA
Seriously if you don't want Sense on your phone ignore the thread, some of us have never owned an HTC Phone and wish to try out Sense, no reason to be assholes over our curiosity.

wyattyoss

Sep 3, 2010
I loved sense on my Incredible 2. Sure it wasn't as good as aosp in many ways, but I always kept a sense 3.5 backup on my SD card.

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
If the thread is a repost than by all means point them towards the original one and report it so we can clean it up. But, flaming someone for talking about porting a ROM is completely out of line. It doesn't matter if they want to port the software from a speak & spell, either contribute something to the conversation or keep your thoughts to yourself.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't get why people even post on a thread if all they're gonna do is complain, call others assholes or "bright crayons". If you DONT like it, DONT post. Others might be up for a port, just because you aren't you shouldn't feel the need to be rude about it.
    Although I might add also that you should have searched the rest of the generals page b4 posting, there should be about 3-4 other threads about this ;)
    When there's a developer who is ready to try the port, he will; we won't need to ask for it. There have been attempts already (for both Touchwiz and Sense) but there are problems.
    Check the CDMA section of the GNex on Rootswiki and youll know what Im talking about :)

Or the OP could scroll down 2 or 3 threads and put his input into the other 2 sense port threads out there instead of cluttering things up. Just my .02.

Completely agree that he should have searched first, but it is not a ridiculous topic...
    Seriously if you don't want Sense on your phone ignore the thread, some of us have never owned an HTC Phone and wish to try out Sense, no reason to be assholes over our curiosity.
    If the thread is a repost than by all means point them towards the original one and report it so we can clean it up. But, flaming someone for talking about porting a ROM is completely out of line. It doesn't matter if they want to port the software from a speak & spell, either contribute something to the conversation or keep your thoughts to yourself.