Importing CSV contacts directly into Windows Mobile device

Search This thread

msafi

Oct 22, 2005
I'm trying to find a free solution to synchronize my Google Apps contacts with my HTC Touch. I have decided to export my Google Apps contacts into a CSV file and import them directly into my Windows Mobile wirelessly using the data plan...

Is there any software that will let me import my Google Apps contacts directly to my Windows Mobile address book?

Ogier

May 17, 2007
Sydney
I needed to do something similar and found this web page: http://manish.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/importing-contacts-to-windows-mobile-without-ms-outlook/

So here you rename your CSV file to whatever.CSC, zip the file and rename the zip to whatever.PIB.
Then you can use the PIMBackup software to import the contacts.

I've done this just now while I typed this message and it worked.
I didn't need to zip * rename to PIB, I simply imported the CSC file.

The reply is a bit late, but maybe it will help someone, I certainly found this thread.

Reactions: AN7 OverClocker

msiviter

Oct 25, 2007
yeah but google sync works spuriously and will delete all contacts when the server is deleted so it is not good for a reliable 2 way backup. A .csv import tool is still needed.

amahfouz

Feb 21, 2009
i cant do the same with messages, it pimbackup always assumes the csv is contacts, any solution anyone?

nsoans

Jan 26, 2009
Thane
Importing the easy way!!

@ amahfouz

Try and get the CSV imported to your Outlook contacts and then just sync your phone with your PC. This should be the easiest solution I can think of!!

Loudness

Jan 25, 2008
I had the same problem and didnt find a good solution, so i wrote an app for importing contacts from a google csv, havent tested it with other csv-files.
Works good for me.

If you have contacts on your phone already you should back them up using PIMBackup or som other app before using this app.
There might be errors in the csv-file and if there are the contacts will be created with errors like phonenumber in the name-field and so on.

How to use it, your three step guide to a better life:

1. click on "Choose file" and select the file you want to import
2. click the "Read contacts" and it will load all rows into memory and display how many rows it found
3. click "Import contacts" and it will create a contact for each row it found

if something went wrong and the contacts look wierd or something, just clik on the "Clear contacts" button, click yes when asked if you want to delete all contacts, and it will remove all contacts. Note that it deletes ALL contacts, not just the ones it just created, so if you had contact before importing these you should have made a backup like i told you to do, because now you haveto delete every contact manually. :)

ofcourse you use this app at your own risk, i dont take any responsabilities to what might happend to your phone, not that i think something will.
Its just reading a file and creating/deleting contacts.

Hope it helps someone... :)

Attachments

• ContactImporter.zip
    7 KB · Views: 3,107
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I needed to do something similar and found this web page: http://manish.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/importing-contacts-to-windows-mobile-without-ms-outlook/

So here you rename your CSV file to whatever.CSC, zip the file and rename the zip to whatever.PIB.
    Then you can use the PIMBackup software to import the contacts.

I've done this just now while I typed this message and it worked.
    I didn't need to zip * rename to PIB, I simply imported the CSC file.

The reply is a bit late, but maybe it will help someone, I certainly found this thread.