use phone as bluetooth headset

Search This thread

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
I've been able to use Osmart master and Omate companion to send notifications to my watch from my phone, but, my question is, if I have my sim card installed in my watch, is there a way to answer calls that I receive on my watch using my phone as a bluetooth headset? I thought I read somewhere that the apps should work in reverse too, but I can't seem to figure it out. I was going to try and install Omaster on my watch and companion on my phone, but I can't find companion in the google play store, and I don't have the Ostore on my phone. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Last edited:

hus3695

Apr 5, 2007
Milwaukee
How did you do this? Bluetooth doesn't really work on the Truesmart. I tried to do this and it doesn't work for me I have a Galaxy Note 3 as my phone any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Can one install both companion apps on both devices and just activate the pair you wish to use at that time ?

I understand the underlying problems in the Umeox Bluetooth stack firmware will be the limiting factor in functionality until maybe they can be rewritten correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hus3695

Apr 5, 2007
Milwaukee
Oh I want notifications from my phone to the TS. Does this work for that as well

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

flimmyflam

Mar 3, 2014
I have "companion" on my N7 CarPC and "master" on my TS so I don't have to look at my TS when I get notifications. Honestly, Kurt has a gold mine here and should licence it or sell both on the Play Store.

The problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to get the companion app on my phone... but I guess if it doesn't work either way I won't worry about it. I was just hoping to have the sim card in the watch, but when I get phone calls I could use the phone to answer them so I can take calls in private without having to wear a bluetooth headset everywhere I go.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
The problem I'm having is I can't figure out how to get the companion app on my phone... but I guess if it doesn't work either way I won't worry about it. I was just hoping to have the sim card in the watch, but when I get phone calls I could use the phone to answer them so I can take calls in private without having to wear a bluetooth headset everywhere I go.

Yes, I would like to be able to do that too, with my TrueSmart and my now-simless Nexus4.

Getting the companion app onto your phone is not a big problem really. Use something like esFileExplorer on your TrueSmart to back up the companion ap on there into a .apk, transfer the apk to your phone one way or another (SD chip maybe involved), then sideload the companion apk into your phone.

Unfortunately, the way the Umeoux Bluetooth stack is now you still would not be able to answer incoming calls being received by your TrueSmart using your phone, right ? You could answer them on your TrueSmart via a Bluetooth headset, for privacy, but that is as close as you can get to what you want at this point.

LLPen has announced that Umeoux developers cannot fix this themselves, partly due to lack of support from MTK and that he has a meeting set up with MTK to discuss this. I would not expect too much from such a meeting, but it could be that he will have success.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: flimmyflam

morbeious

Mar 12, 2009
When I tried loading the Companion on my Nexus 5 I get the error not a supported device.. But master working just fine

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Yes. The Companion app was written to use for free only on an Omate TrueSmart ! I am sorry, I had not considered that issue.

You might want to write to Kurt the developer and see what he suggests. I had forgotten.

gossipninja

Feb 18, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
You know, if kurt figures out BT headset (so the companion can act as a BT headset) and internet tethering I could see a valid use having the TS as the "master" and whatever device of the day (phone, tablet, carpc) act as the companion on an as-needed basis, tethering off of the Truesmart, only downside is the TS is 3g, but still a cool idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have "companion" on my N7 CarPC and "master" on my TS so I don't have to look at my TS when I get notifications. Honestly, Kurt has a gold mine here and should licence it or sell both on the Play Store.

Yes, I would like to be able to do that too, with my TrueSmart and my now-simless Nexus4.

Getting the companion app onto your phone is not a big problem really. Use something like esFileExplorer on your TrueSmart to back up the companion ap on there into a .apk, transfer the apk to your phone one way or another (SD chip maybe involved), then sideload the companion apk into your phone.

Unfortunately, the way the Umeoux Bluetooth stack is now you still would not be able to answer incoming calls being received by your TrueSmart using your phone, right ? You could answer them on your TrueSmart via a Bluetooth headset, for privacy, but that is as close as you can get to what you want at this point.

LLPen has announced that Umeoux developers cannot fix this themselves, partly due to lack of support from MTK and that he has a meeting set up with MTK to discuss this. I would not expect too much from such a meeting, but it could be that he will have success.