Help with logcats

Search This thread

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Hi I am trying to resolve or at least find the cause of some inconsistent WiFi problems on a new ROM I'm using would anyone be willing to explain how to read/use a logcat for diagnosis I have read through a few guides and am confident taking a logcat but am struggling with how to read it and work out whats going wrong.

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
Hi I am trying to resolve or at least find the cause of some inconsistent WiFi problems on a new ROM I'm using would anyone be willing to explain how to read/use a logcat for diagnosis I have read through a few guides and am confident taking a logcat but am struggling with how to read it and work out whats going wrong.

Enable adb and dump your log to a file (you should know how to do that)

Then you could just search for wifi in the log. That's what I did.

A possible fix would be to edit your build.prop and set ro.securestorage.support to False (as opposed to true. See screenshot)
6y4atyga.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Captain Sweatpants

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
A possible fix would be to edit your build.prop and set ro.securestorage.support to False (as opposed to true.

Have dumped logcat to a text file nothing seems to be wrong except that it suddenly loses the ability to see the network I guess I will have to keep trying
Also I can't find ro.securestorage.support in my build prop should it exist in every ROM? Google is not bringing up anything on it not being there.

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
Have dumped logcat to a text file nothing seems to be wrong except that it suddenly loses the ability to see the network I guess I will have to keep trying
Also I can't find ro.securestorage.support in my build prop should it exist in every ROM? Google is not bringing up anything on it not being there.

Might be a Samsung only thing. Um... The only other thing I've ever used is the NON-HLOS.bin from my ROM to fix the WiFi.

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Might be a Samsung only thing. Um... The only other thing I've ever used is the NON-HLOS.bin from my ROM to fix the WiFi.

Thanks I have added the value to build.prop with no effect seems that if the value did not exist adding it has no effect
NON-HLOS.bin is specific to Samsung devices this is a Sony thanks for the suggestions.

SeraphSephiroth

Mar 17, 2013
Thanks I have added the value to build.prop with no effect seems that if the value did not exist adding it has no effect
NON-HLOS.bin is specific to Samsung devices this is a Sony thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry I couldn't help

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mcstealthapps.freshnetwork

Try that maybe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enable adb and dump your log to a file (you should know how to do that)

Then you could just search for wifi in the log. That's what I did.

A possible fix would be to edit your build.prop and set ro.securestorage.support to False (as opposed to true. See screenshot)
    6y4atyga.jpg