[Q] Downgrade S3 T999 from 4.3 to 4.1.1

Search This thread

anthony3662

May 27, 2014
I need to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 from 4.3 to 4.1.1 in order to unlock it.
However, when I attempt to flash with Odin 3.09, It repeatedly fails. I am using T999UVDLJC obtained from sammobile.com
My S3 was rooted, but when the flash would not work, I removed SuperSU to see if that would make the flash work. My phone is now unrooted, and the flash still will not work. Knox is removed on my phone.

Should I reroot my device? Should I downgrade to 4.1.2 first?

The Odin log:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> T999UVDLJA_T999TMBDLJA_T999UVDLJA_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
So it can't be done? My device did not come with 4.3, it came with either 4.0.4 or 4.1.1.

Doesn't matter, once you update to full 4.3 you can't go back to a previous firmware, and that's the fail message you get when you try to downgrade.. You can flash a ROM based on previous firmware, but that will not help you to unlock it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChrisPDX

anthony3662

May 27, 2014
I read that it is possible to flash all of 4.1.1 except the bootloader. How can I do that and will it help me unlock the device?

hunto1

Aug 8, 2012
Myrtle Beach
So as others have stated it is nearly impossible to downgrade your device after being updates to 4.3. But I have found a way to unlock the bootloader on 4.3 and install ClockWorkMod. What you need to do is use the cyanogenmod installer and it will do all the work for you, even if you dont want to use cyanogenmod. It roots, unlocks, and install CWM recovery all at once.

Go to this site for a tutorial on how to do it.

get.cm

Sometimes it may reboot your phone back to the Touchwiz 4.3 software but the bootloader will still be unlocked. Once it is done installing just simply put your phone into recovery and you will be able to flash any rom you want!

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
So as others have stated it is nearly impossible to downgrade your device after being updates to 4.3. But I have found a way to unlock the bootloader on 4.3 and install ClockWorkMod. What you need to do is use the cyanogenmod installer and it will do all the work for you, even if you dont want to use cyanogenmod. It roots, unlocks, and install CWM recovery all at once.

get.cm

Sometimes it may reboot your phone back to the Touchwiz 4.3 software but the bootloader will still be unlocked. Once it is done installing just simply put your phone into recovery and you will be able to flash any rom you want!

The bootloader is already unlocked on this phone

Reactions: DocHoliday77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cannot downgrade from 4.3 firmware. If you try to force it using alternate methods it WILL brick.
    This info is included in nearly every 4.3 thread btw.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    So it can't be done? My device did not come with 4.3, it came with either 4.0.4 or 4.1.1.

Doesn't matter, once you update to full 4.3 you can't go back to a previous firmware, and that's the fail message you get when you try to downgrade.. You can flash a ROM based on previous firmware, but that will not help you to unlock it

get.cm

The bootloader is already unlocked on this phone