HTC One Soft Brick adb doesn't see device

Search This thread

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
I know I know another one. I have searched for 2 days and tried every trick I can find to no avail. I was bit by the charging bug so I was prepping the device to be sent in for repair. I was resetting to factory and cleared all memory including system (accidently of course).

fastboot seems to work perfectly but adb doesn't see the device so I can't push or sideload a ROM. The drivers are also the same drivers I used before. I have reinstalled these but it didn't help.

I guess my first question is do I even need to put a ROM on it. Based on some of the charging problems the board has to be replaced. I'm paying for the repair since I'm out of warranty. I disclosed the device was rooted with a bootloader when I opened the service ticket. Will they repair it?

I would still like to resolve the issue with adb. Any great ideas that might work? Thanks

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
Yes. I have tried cwm and twrp to sideload. This worked the last time I used it but I'll grab the updated driver and see if that works.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Yes. I have tried cwm and twrp to sideload. This worked the last time I used it but I'll grab the updated driver and see if that works.

I didn't mean the driver, just check what Windows Device Manager shows, and if it's an unknown device, then you need to manually select the driver:

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that

miketamm

Jul 14, 2012
The new driver didn't help. Another item is I see the device in the in device manger when I'm in fastboot but the device is not recognized when I go into twrp recovery. Same with cwm. This might be a side issue of the charging problem. some were reporting their devices not working when connected to their computer.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
The new driver didn't help. Another item is I see the device in the in device manger when I'm in fastboot but the device is not recognized when I go into twrp recovery. Same with cwm. This might be a side issue of the charging problem. some were reporting their devices not working when connected to their computer.

when in custom recovery, what does Device Manager show?