[Q] Change internal memory partition?

Search This thread

pm2gonzales

Oct 16, 2011
I'm running Liquid Smoth 3.1, and noticed the internal memory (for apps and such) is separated from the internal SD. Can we increase the internal memory allocation? I don't recall if this was common or not before I installed the ROM.

pointdooly

Oct 19, 2011
Still no solution found...

I'm running Liquid Smoth 3.1, and noticed the internal memory (for apps and such) is separated from the internal SD. Can we increase the internal memory allocation? I don't recall if this was common or not before I installed the ROM.

This is how old Samsung used as a separated partition(2GB/Remaining space) structure.
I could confirm that newer models only have one partition.
I had researched days of searches and still did NOT find confirmed easy solutions like flashing ZIP files.
(My research -> Link)

I REALLY DO wish someone could guide me a solution to repartition as one total 16GB(Like newer Galaxy)
or expending 2GB system partition to any bigger size.

I still did NOT find the solution and still looking.
The only last method I did not try - Working with ADB command which I need to consider to brick my phone.
But this is my primary phone that I use.

Even worse, KitKat ROM(I am using beanStalk ver 4.4.4001) does not allow to use App2SD function.
I have to manage all of my apps+data+decent space within 2 GB limitation even if I have 11GB available
space as an Internal Storage (NOT External SD).

Hope it helps and let you know you are in same boat with me.
Once again, I wish there is an easy solution who could help us!

jesgroovin

Jul 13, 2014
Any Update??

HI, has anyone found a solution? ty

This is how old Samsung used as a separated partition(2GB/Remaining space) structure.
I could confirm that newer models only have one partition.
I had researched days of searches and still did NOT find confirmed easy solutions like flashing ZIP files.
(My research -> Link)

I REALLY DO wish someone could guide me a solution to repartition as one total 16GB(Like newer Galaxy)
or expending 2GB system partition to any bigger size.

I still did NOT find the solution and still looking.
The only last method I did not try - Working with ADB command which I need to consider to brick my phone.
But this is my primary phone that I use.

Even worse, KitKat ROM(I am using beanStalk ver 4.4.4001) does not allow to use App2SD function.
I have to manage all of my apps+data+decent space within 2 GB limitation even if I have 11GB available
space as an Internal Storage (NOT External SD).

Hope it helps and let you know you are in same boat with me.
Once again, I wish there is an easy solution who could help us!