HTC One M8 stuck in safe mode

Search This thread

hispasat

Oct 22, 2008
Phone was dropped into salt water, picked up while floating, wasn't really sunk all the way.
phone was turned off, dried and turned it on again.
Phone booted into the safe mode,
Touch functions work fine,camera.music. sounds,etc... but the problem is with a power button that is not reacting and keeps the phone in a safe mode,
Volume down button is not reacting while volume up button works.
I managed to boot the phone into recovery with CMD and restored it but no progress
Please advise :)

just rebooted the phone, and it is out of safe mode
volume is fixed, but still issue with power button

there is app to power off the phone,but i am afraid i wont be able to turn it on again

Last edited:

velenox

Jul 25, 2009
Salt water is dangerous due the salt.
A fried of mine as soon the phone dropped in the sea, washed it with water and after let it dry for 2 days inside a cup of rice.
The phone survived...

Reactions: hispasat

hispasat

Oct 22, 2008
still hoping that power button will be fixed itself once the phone is completely dried

or I should wash it and let it dry,,..

bandjosh

Jul 13, 2010
niagara falls
Honestly to be safe I'd always suggest keeping the phone off until it sits in rice for 6-12 hours, the longer you keep it off the better. Any water especially salt water can be corrosive to the circuits.
As for washing I'm not completely sure I've only dealt with unsalted water or pool water.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salt water is dangerous due the salt.
    A fried of mine as soon the phone dropped in the sea, washed it with water and after let it dry for 2 days inside a cup of rice.
    The phone survived...