[ROM][19 OCT] Bulletproof 2.2.1 | New MIUI Battery Bar!

Search This thread

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
This is seriously the fastest rom I tried on the sensation. Thank you chef and welcome aboard! If this is your training wheel version, I can't wait till you really get in the mix! WOW!

EDIT: ***MISFIT ROSIE TRANSPARENT 5X5 WORKS PERFECT ON THIS ROM***

Last edited:

mavsfan

Sep 7, 2009
Omg....I love both of you guys works. Coming from the vibe too and I always rocked trigger or project v and masters themes!

I think I'm in heaven now. Yay!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Reactions: Romanbb

mavsfan

Sep 7, 2009
Birger

I'm having a hard time downloading the file. Can you hist it somewhere else too?

Thx!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

danielmid84

May 26, 2009
This might be basic Roman, but for the Tweaks app not running full screen, I would try downloading a Spare Parts app from the market, unchecking Compatibility Mode and reboot and trying the Tweaks app again.

Reactions: Romanbb

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
This might be basic Roman, but for the Tweaks app not running full screen, I would try downloading a Spare Parts app from the market, unchecking Compatibility Mode and reboot and trying the Tweaks app again.

Ahh that seemed to do the trick, didn't even think of it. Now to find out why it thinks it needs to run my app in compatibility mode in the first place.

Also, for the 2.3.4 update, it would require a Europe ROM base. I've always liked working with native firmware for the phone so 2.3.4 for a TMO base is out of the question for now. That said, if no one's done it by tomorrow or Sunday I'll likely stick the Europe base on my phone and see if I can't get a stock untouched version of the new update ready for flashing. All of this is new to me as I said, so I'm taking it slow for now :).

Reactions: creator2456

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
Ahh that seemed to do the trick, didn't even think of it. Now to find out why it thinks it needs to run my app in compatibility mode in the first place.

Also, for the 2.3.4 update, it would require a Europe ROM base. I've always liked working with native firmware for the phone so 2.3.4 for a TMO base is out of the question for now. That said, if no one's done it by tomorrow or Sunday I'll likely stick the Europe base on my phone and see if I can't get a stock untouched version of the new update ready for flashing. All of this is new to me as I said, so I'm taking it slow for now :).

I really would look at the 2.3.4. I have been using the Insert coin and with the new Official 2.3.4 OTA update all I can say is this ROM is insanely fast and responsive. I'm on T-Mobile US as well using the Radio that came with the ROM and it is working great. WiFi calling, everything. Not sure what you have to add to the base to get all working but I'm sure if you ask around someone will help.

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
I really would look at the 2.3.4. I have been using the Insert coin and with the new Official 2.3.4 OTA update all I can say is this ROM is insanely fast and responsive. I'm on T-Mobile US as well using the Radio that came with the ROM and it is working great. WiFi calling, everything. Not sure what you have to add to the base to get all working but I'm sure if you ask around someone will help.

Then maybe I'll give it a go. Thanks for the input. I like input.

Edit: Shouldn't the RUU show up in a couple days? Might be easier for everyone to just wait for that...

Last edited:

danielmid84

May 26, 2009
Turning off compatibility mode messed with my widgets for some reason.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

ravigodhwani

Dec 27, 2006
Richardson, TX
Does the no sense script work with this rom? It's an awesome Rom but I love launcher pro and there's no sense in keeping sense running in the back ground right? But I do like the sense lock screen though..

Romanbb

Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Well I got 2.3.4 booting, but I got into a boot loop after language selection. I only flashed the system & the boot.img in the update zip, there's lots more in there I was scared to flash :D

Also flashed the new radio just in case, other stuff I'm not touching unless I know exactly what it does, heh

inflating: android-info.txt
boot.img
hboot_8x60_1.18.0000_20110802_signedbyaa.nb0
pg2fs_spcustom.img
radio.img
rcdata.img
recovery.img
rpm.img
sbl2.img
tz.img

hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will post on how to do it properly

nobleynobe

Apr 9, 2010
Yep, trigger for the vibrant was great. Can't wait to see what this dude does for the sensation

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bulletproof 2.2 - Sense 3.5 Builds

CqNQh.png

Find Bulletproof 1.X in post #3!

2.X are based on the 2.08.401.1 LEAK base. These builds are made with the same love as the 1.X builds, but they are not a priority. They are for fun! Every feature I add to it will not be half assed, it will be done correctly and properly using the newest code and not using any old APKs or JAR files from older builds. It IS IS IS a debugging build from HTC, this is why it's not my #1 priority. I am updating my mod code to Sense 3.5 mainly for future releases.

Features

The usual suspects
    • WWE 2.08.401.1 Base - Android 2.3.5 // Sense 3.5
    • Stock kernel included
    • Rooted, unsecure boot.img
    • Zipaligned & zipaligns /data/app, /system/app, /system/framework at boot for you
    • Screenshot enabled with Power + Home
    • Extended power menu
    • Busybox with runparts (init.d support)
    • Bash command & nano editor
    • Only a few APKs removed for now
    • Unlimited browser tabs (well 255 technically)
    • SD readahead set to 2048

Rosie Tweaks
    • Enable/disable Sense unlock animation (carousel effect)
    • 4 column app drawer or 5 column app drawer (configured in Tweaks)
    • CUSTOM personalize button on Sense 3 launcher! (you can choose your own app! Defaults to browser)
    • disable/enable paginated app drawer

Statusbar Tweaks
    • Custom Extended settings with an extra Ringtone slider
    • Ability to hide recent apps in pulldown (hidden by default)
    • Clock options (colors/am pm settings/hide)
    • Signal options (color/dbm text/hide)
    • Battery options (text/automagically colored text based on battery level/hide icon)
    • Choose between showing H or 4G in the statusbar
    • hide any extended settings you don't want!
    • center clock!
    • quick-quick settings option (automatically turn to settings when no notifications to clear)

Other Additions
    • My permissions init.d script (fixes most permissions on each boot)
    • Added mod version to settings display
    • Added tweaks shortcut to settings
    • CRT Animations (with ability to toggle which you want, screen on/off)
    • Overscroll (ability to toggle off/glow/bounce/bounce+glow) - enable in tweaks
    • Toggle screenshot on/off - your choice
    • EXT 4 optimizations
    • Keep your home launcher in memory
    • Improved overall UI smoothness
    • Hardware GUI rendering

Bugs

I am not aware of any bugs at the moment. Please report any you may find!​

Change Log
    Code:
    [u][B][SIZE="4"]2.2.1 - Oct 19[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]fix volume wake not working =D
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.2 - Oct 18[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]added volume wake toggle in Lockscreen settings
    [*]added MIUI battery bar option
    [*]added screen on SMS (thanks capychip)
    [*]added transparent rosie option (credits to capy chip again for this one)
    [*]added back paginated app drawer
    [*]screenshots now saved to /sdcard/screenshots
    [*]removed HTC loggers
    [*]added bloater
    [*]added titanium backup
    [*]added mod version to settings
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.1.5 - Oct 11[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]fixed wallpaper Rosie issue
    [*]added rotation animation
    [*]added Bloater back by default for awesomeness
    [/LIST]

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.1 - Oct 6[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]added overscroll options
    [*]added rosie unlock animation enable/disable
    [*]added rosie personalize
    [*]added rosie kill option in sense tweaks
    [*]rosie tweaks will now hide if you don't have rosie installed :)
    [*]your selected app's name will now show up instead of "Personalize"
    [*]added 5 column rosie app drawer
    [*]fixed quick-quick settings toggles
    [*]upgraded to SU 3.0.2
    [*]added HTC Notes (thanks to baadnewz for this)
    [*]fixed APM reboot showing "Work"
    [*]fixed recent apps not hiding from 2.0.2
    [*]that's it I think...
    [/LIST]
    [u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0.2 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix show-recent applications toggle

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0.1 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    - fix APM reboot problem

[u][B][SIZE="4"]2.0 - Oct 3[/SIZE][/B][/u]
    [LIST]
    [*]Redid most mods for Sense 3.5 (mainly so I can have them done for when a non-debugging leak hits
    [*]Most mods are working, ones greyed out in tweaks are NOT implemented yet. They may or may not be. 
    [/LIST]

[U]Notes[/U]
    » This IS a dev debug build from HTC so I am not worried about doing everything hastily. It's fun to play with, not 100% yet.
    » I never use old code for a new base. Other ROMs may have CRT and such, only because they're using older jars. That's not good. CRT is a lot more difficult this time around. It will come when I have some more time to hack at it (already spent a couple hours trying to get it to work =[)
    » There is TONS of debugging output from the dev build. It may be placebo, but turning debugging off makes the phone seem a little faster to me. I've disabled it by default (on a fresh flash).

Screenshots

Install Instructions
    1. Make a nandroid backup. Losing 10 minutes of your life is easier to cope with than losing a phone ;)
    2. Download, match MD5 tags, copy to SD card
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. REQUIRED: format /cache (not wipe)
    5. OPTIONAL: wipe/factory reset. I highly recommend doing this when coming from a different ROM, that said it's your choice. Please don't report bugs if you have not wiped.
    6. Install ROM from zip.
    7. Reboot, wait ~20m,

Download

Bulletproof 2.2

md5: e7f2767fe11d954c589a79987930965c

ROM Devs: please read my sharing policy below!

Upgrade 2.1 + => 2.2.1

md5: 1c307815d5a43c2b89ad51a09794746e

My Sharing Policy
    If you would like to implement any of the feature I've added in my ROM (that I've created myself), all I ask is that you wait 7 days after I've released a feature and then you may add it. 7 days. After that, all I ask is you give proper credit to all developers. None of this falls under GPL, so to say the least, I think that is fair to ask.​

Credits
    • Cyanogenmod
    • snq-
    • baadnewz
    • mike1986
    • faux
    • damo
    • capychimp
    • everyone else who contributes
    • jjdoctor
    BP 1.X builds moved to separate thread
    For science!

About matching Hashes
    Matching hashes is extremely important, especially with these large Sense ROMs. Basically, it confirms that you downloaded the exact same file I uploaded, without any corruption. You can check your hashes with a few ways. You can download the program called HashTab and it will check them. Or you can check them with ADB. You can run the following command to see the hash (it will take a second, your phone has to process a large file).

Code:
    roman$ adb shell md5sum /sdcard/bulletproof_02.zip (or your file.zip)

[B]93c0f076256a75e5d871568e1f2e1736[/B]  /sdcard/bulletproof_02.zip

As you can see, the hash returned does not match the hash I posted (053f2146b68618dd1fecaa71bddc0ac5) that means it either didn't copy on my phone correctly or the download was corrupt.
    First impression since coming back from aosp: I now remember why this has been my daily driver since its release. Its like bacon wrapped bacon with a side of sex. Thanks again roman.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App
    v1.1 is working excellent! No issues so far. Running w Faux v18r3 kernel at 1.5Ghz.

For others, I am working on getting Romanbb the info so he can "port" (aka research) some of the tweaks and mods available on other builds and implement them in BP. They are all minor, but add up over time.These were not stolen from another build, they are available here

Everyone owes Romannbb a HUGE thanks for working so hard on this build, and adding so many unique and innovative features (name a build that has anything like EDT tweaks), as opposed to just adding every hack\mod you can read about. Its the development that makes the difference :) Huge thanks from myself for your work!

Possible Additions to Build.prop:

• ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 - Locks Sense launcher in RAM, must use for me otherwise launcher keeps reloading
    • windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=120-180 - should smooth scrolling a bit
    • wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90-180 - increases length between WiFi Scans
    • ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000 - These both improve JPEG quality, may be included already
    • ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
    • ro.ext4fs=1 - EXT4 optimizations

Possible New Features for builds

• Ability to make Rosie background partially transparent (not sure, may be easier w/ a flashable add-on which I already have if needed)
    • Make Virtuous_OC Daemon available via Bloater
    • Update SU to 3.0beta4
    • Ability to enable\disable what shows in Extended Quick Settings (tough one, i think)
    • Volume Wake (really tough, from what we've discussed)
    • Auto-brightness adjustment (this is a BIG one for me, it involves retuning the auto-brightness so it doesn't waste as much battery...its been a HUGE battery saver for me)
    Issues Ive run into (Not all actual issue, just stuff I'm not sure about)
    Rosie scrolling acts very strange when page scrolling is disabled. It doesnt "flow" or scroll correctly, its very jumpy and seems to want to stop at certain areas (T and F, i noticed but not sure its related to the app names)