[GAME][1.6+] Andor's Trail

Search This thread

andorstrail

Sep 27, 2011
Andor's Trail is a quest-driven Roguelike fantasy dungeon crawler RPG with a powerful story. Battle fierce monsters, gain experience and levels. Solve quests, find hidden treasures and improve your equipment.

The game is and will be totally free. Download either through Android Market or from the project page (see below).

The game is also developed as open-source (GPLv2), so anyone wanting to get a peek into the source-code is welcome to download it and play for yourself.

I started this project last year mainly for two reasons:
- Create a great role playing game on Android
- Create an open source project on Android to collaborate with other developers

Features:
  • Extensive combat
  • Level-based character progression
  • Highly quest-driven story
  • Wide array of in-game equipment
  • Attack effects such as posion or bless
  • Unique in-game lore
  • Over 2000 lines of quest driven dialogue
  • Active forum for players

Upcoming features in the soon-to-be-released new version:
  • Skill system
  • Virtual d-pad for movement
  • Enhancements to the shop screens (bulk selling/buying)
  • Rebalancing of items

Project page (for source code and alpha/beta downloads):
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/

Download:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

Forum:
http://andors.techby2guys.com/

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• andorstrail_logo_120.png
    andorstrail_logo_120.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 4,970
  • mikhail1.png
    mikhail1.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,849
  • mikhail2.png
    mikhail2.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 4,833
  • world.png
    world.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 4,811
  • inventory.png
    inventory.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 4,715
Last edited by a moderator:
Play, Contribute, or Both!

This game is not only borderline addictive, but consistently updated with game enhancements and new content that the player can even be a part of developing. Whether it be by alpha & beta testing, bug hunting, dialog editing, map making, storyline development, graphic, tile, and icon design, or simply submitting your ideas for what you'd like to see in a future release.

This author's project and game has definitely been a great experience for me on a personal level. If you have a question regarding in-game quests, item locations, recommended strategy, game play tips, or just want to chat with fellow explorers, all this and more is available in the game's forum. Even if you don't own a PC, but have a smart phone and like to sketch, just submit a photo of your design idea. If you find yourself too busy to contribute, don't worry about it, just enjoy playing an exciting game on your Android device. It's popularity is growing for all the right reasons.

One of its lesser mentioned accolades is its amazingly small impact on battery usage. Give it a try and see for yourself.

Reactions: sassibob

gwingzero

Sep 21, 2010
Houston
omg..seriously I will install anything that woman recommends... :D

good review...though, very informative. you know your audience very well. ;)

fiernaq

May 21, 2012
Superb game!

Excellent game with an incredibly responsive and open-to-suggestions development team. Their forums are chock full of idea suggestions and other improvement topics. I've only been playing for a few updates so far but the pace of this non-paid development team working in their off hours is astounding and the contributions the community has made including maps, quests, items, graphics, and other design work are amazing. Oh, and yes, the game is thoroughly addicting. I'm on my fourth character now and I still haven't completed everything currently available let alone the enormous amount of content that is still being added.

For what it is, I would definitely give this game a 5/5 stars. Yes, you'll still find the occasional bug or unfinished questline or a road that doesn't go anywhere because the next map isn't finished but that's because the game is still being created. It's fun to get in on a project like this ahead of time and help forge the path it takes and you'll constantly see suggestions that regular players make being incorporated into the game. So go for it, try it out, if you get stuck just visit the forums and you'll get 20 replies all offering helpful advice and tips and all kinds of other info.

Cheers,
Fiernaq

Reactions: ctnbeh13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andor's Trail is a quest-driven Roguelike fantasy dungeon crawler RPG with a powerful story. Battle fierce monsters, gain experience and levels. Solve quests, find hidden treasures and improve your equipment.

The game is and will be totally free. Download either through Android Market or from the project page (see below).

The game is also developed as open-source (GPLv2), so anyone wanting to get a peek into the source-code is welcome to download it and play for yourself.

I started this project last year mainly for two reasons:
    - Create a great role playing game on Android
    - Create an open source project on Android to collaborate with other developers

Features:
    • Extensive combat
    • Level-based character progression
    • Highly quest-driven story
    • Wide array of in-game equipment
    • Attack effects such as posion or bless
    • Unique in-game lore
    • Over 2000 lines of quest driven dialogue
    • Active forum for players

Upcoming features in the soon-to-be-released new version:
    • Skill system
    • Virtual d-pad for movement
    • Enhancements to the shop screens (bulk selling/buying)
    • Rebalancing of items

Project page (for source code and alpha/beta downloads):
    http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/

Download:
    http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list

Forum:
    http://andors.techby2guys.com/

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    This is cool, thanks for keeping it free.

here is a market link for the lazy people
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gpl.rpg.AndorsTrail
    Play, Contribute, or Both!

This game is not only borderline addictive, but consistently updated with game enhancements and new content that the player can even be a part of developing. Whether it be by alpha & beta testing, bug hunting, dialog editing, map making, storyline development, graphic, tile, and icon design, or simply submitting your ideas for what you'd like to see in a future release.

This author's project and game has definitely been a great experience for me on a personal level. If you have a question regarding in-game quests, item locations, recommended strategy, game play tips, or just want to chat with fellow explorers, all this and more is available in the game's forum. Even if you don't own a PC, but have a smart phone and like to sketch, just submit a photo of your design idea. If you find yourself too busy to contribute, don't worry about it, just enjoy playing an exciting game on your Android device. It's popularity is growing for all the right reasons.

One of its lesser mentioned accolades is its amazingly small impact on battery usage. Give it a try and see for yourself.
    Sweet, installed ;)
    Thanks Bob for the review, you MADE me install it :D