Newton Rings on LG Optimus Black Touchscreen

Search This thread

ohadz

Dec 25, 2011
Hi,

I notice that when I touch the screen I see strange colors- like rainbow bubbles under the screen.
Is it normal or not? if you touch your screen, do you also see like rainbow distortions on it - like oil spots? (newton rings)
Do you suggest me to ignore it or take it to LG and ask them to replace/fix it?(my phone is 7 months old)

Last edited:

Felsar

Oct 6, 2011
tijuana
that is a normal thing, but you shouldn't be pressing like that the screen :/
it's Liquid Cristal Display = LCD so it is normal to see those colors when screen is pressed, but stop pushing it XD you can damage the screen

Reactions: ohadz

ohadz

Dec 25, 2011
it's Liquid Cristal Display = LCD so it is normal to see those colors when screen is pressed, but stop pushing it XD you can damage the screen

Lol, thanks for the information, I thought this way but wasn't sure.

but what if I also see those strange colors even when I press not very strong on the screen but normal+ ? Should I take my phone to repair? (it's free for me, lol:cool:)

Felsar

Oct 6, 2011
tijuana
I think so, it might be a defective LCD, and if its free you should do it... I mean it's somehow normal [because of the liquid cristal] but if that happens whit normal pressure then is not that normal... :p

WIIstpM

Feb 2, 2011
Vacoas
Maybe the gorilla glass (the one you touch, not the LCD) is softer/looser than normal and not rigid enough... I noticed a softer/thinner Gorilla Glass on the Black than other devices.. Quite annoying sometimes, it makes the device feel fragile or cheap XD

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

ohadz

Dec 25, 2011
Did someone also notice that when applying little pressure to the screen, like an oil spot appears and in some spots the screen feels flexible when touching it a bit stronger?
It looks like this: (It happens only when I touch the screen a bit stronger than normal)

Attachments

• problemtouch.jpg
    problemtouch.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

WIIstpM

Feb 2, 2011
Vacoas
Did someone also notice that when applying little pressure to the screen, like an oil spot appears and in some spots the screen feels flexible when touching it a bit stronger?
It looks like this: (It happens only when I touch the screen a bit stronger than normal)

Mm it does happen but not that large and when it happens it gets back to normal quite instantly.. Could be a counterfeit OB lol... I always knew that the Gorilla Glass was not normal on OBs.. you should go to an LG service or somwthing like this to get it checked.. It shouldn't be like that, at least wheb applying a small pressure

ohadz

Dec 25, 2011
Mm it does happen but not that large and when it happens it gets back to normal quite instantly.. Could be a counterfeit OB lol... I always knew that the Gorilla Glass was not normal on OBs.. you should go to an LG service or somwthing like this to get it checked.. It shouldn't be like that, at least wheb applying a small pressure

Ok, thanks for replying, now I know that my OB is not the only one with this defect.
I already sent my OB to repair when it had other problems in the screen and they didn't replace it with a new OB:mad:
now I'm going to send it again to my Cell provider and I'll ask them to replace my defective OB under LG's manufacturer Warranty.
Any ideas how to convince them to replace my defective OB with a new one and not only replace the digitizer or lcd screen?

ohadz

Dec 25, 2011
Hi,
I found the specific name of this phenomenon: newton rings
there are many threads in XDA about this phenomenon but no one about OB.
It appears only when I touch the screen, (maybe it's because I always keep my phone in the pocket.)
It looks like that:
examplehg.png

Is my LG Optimus Black defective or it's normal?

Last edited:

WIIstpM

Feb 2, 2011
Vacoas
Ok, thanks for replying, now I know that my OB is not the only one with this defect.
I already sent my OB to repair when it had other problems in the screen and they didn't replace it with a new OB:mad:
now I'm going to send it again to my Cell provider and I'll ask them to replace my defective OB under LG's manufacturer Warranty.
Any ideas how to convince them to replace my defective OB with a new one and not only replace the digitizer or lcd screen?

Honestly I don't know... I never had to replace my phone by a new one...

Felsar

Oct 6, 2011
tijuana
Sorry my computer is very laggy

It's important to me to know if my device is defective or is it a normal phenomenon with OB?

This is only what I think, but to be honest I feel that's not normal, I mean even if I press really hard my phone's screen it doesn't look like that not even close to that, I think you should send it to techs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.