things before trip knox ..

Search This thread

RaDi

Aug 8, 2010
Hello

I'm on stock 4.3 with MJ7 bootloader .. and for my today is the day to trip knox and rock custom rom on it ..

I want to know what are the thing that i should do before root and install custom recovery / rom ... ???

i found this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447342

is there any thing else ??

thank you

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Reactions: RaDi

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello

I'm on stock 4.3 with MJ7 bootloader .. and for my today is the day to trip knox and rock custom rom on it ..

I want to know what are the thing that i should do before root and install custom recovery / rom ... ???

i found this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447342

is there any thing else ??

thank you

It would have been interesting to at least try some new test in the process - for instance I have seen some intriguing reports from N900W8 models where they have apparently installed some version of xnote (custom rom pre-rooted) without tripping knox presumably by somehow using stock Samsung kernel and stock Samsung recovery (I repeat, that was THEIR claim, not mine, but more research and testing on the subject would be nice).

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm one of those people. I installed the Mexican update, then rooted using Cf autoroot, then installed CWM and flashed X-Note with Katturbine kernel and I'm still knox 0x0 :/

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

anameeeen

I am also on MJ7, N900t and I had have two questions if possible.
1. Do you recommend me to upgrade to kitkat then to have custom rom or just to root my 4.3 then to have a custom rom?

DrawnToLife
2. Can you please explain what you did step by step instructions to what you did, and if possible providing a link to the Mexican rom you referred to and the same CWM you used.

Thanks

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm one of those people. I installed the Mexican update, then rooted using Cf autoroot, then installed CWM and flashed X-Note with Katturbine kernel and I'm still knox 0x0 :/

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

That sounds very different from what I was expecting, and so far based on that I would say that it mostly seems to be a result of the N900W8 bootloader system rather than something very special that needs to be done when flashing stuff :rolleyes:

Question specific for N900W8 - is it possible to downgrade MJ4 -> MJ1 on that phone? (since that would confirm that the W8 bootloader is quite different).

Last edited:

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
That sounds very different from what I was expecting, and so far based on that I would say that it mostly seems to be a result of the N900W8 bootloader system rather than something very special that needs to be done when flashing stuff :rolleyes:

Question specific for N900W8 - is it possible to downgrade MJ4 -> MJ1 on that phone? (since that would confirm that the W8 bootloader is quite different).

No, not possible to downgrade to MJ1 even when you came from MJ1 and upgraded to MJ4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

DrawnToLife

Jun 2, 2013
Toronto
I am also on MJ7, N900t and I had have two questions if possible.
1. Do you recommend me to upgrade to kitkat then to have custom rom or just to root my 4.3 then to have a custom rom?

DrawnToLife
2. Can you please explain what you did step by step instructions to what you did, and if possible providing a link to the Mexican rom you referred to and the same CWM you used.

Thanks

I followed this guide :p
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618633

Top Liked Posts