[SGH-T599N] Firefox OS?

Search This thread

reeferbob

Mar 16, 2014
So, I have been looking to get away from Google altogether (Neither Apple nor Microsoft is an option. I don't want any of the big 3. Google Maps admitting it wants to take your location and other data even when the app isn't open was the last straw. I'm tired of it.) and install an alternative OS on my phone. My first preference was Open webOS, as I've been a huge fan of webOS since the original Palm Pre. However, I am aware that app development for that OS is at a standstill, and has been for a long time, since there's no new hardware.

Anyway, I ran across Firefox OS, and it looks like an extremely viable option. Any way to get it up and going on the T599N?

E

Exothermic

So, I have been looking to get away from Google altogether (Neither Apple nor Microsoft is an option. I don't want any of the big 3. Google Maps admitting it wants to take your location and other data even when the app isn't open was the last straw. I'm tired of it.) and install an alternative OS on my phone. My first preference was Open webOS, as I've been a huge fan of webOS since the original Palm Pre. However, I am aware that app development for that OS is at a standstill, and has been for a long time, since there's no new hardware.

Anyway, I ran across Firefox OS, and it looks like an extremely viable option. Any way to get it up and going on the T599N?

You could always just not flash GAPPS, no GAPPS just stock android, which means google can't get any of your info. F-DROID can be used as an alternative to Play Store (features open-source apps only, so you know they're trust-worthy).

It's possible I suppose, but it's still going under active development and has yet to be a RC ? If memory serves me correct.

Last edited:

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare

you may dislike google but a quick google search would have provided you with the answers me thinks