[Q] Battery Drain Samsung s5 4gLTE

Search This thread

Syd91

May 19, 2013
My battery life was amazing when i bought the phone lasted like 2 days

Recently I got an update of less than 150mb after that my battery life is now horrible in normal mode it lasts 9 hours the screenshot i attached show my phones battery usage on POWER SAVING mode (50% used on power saving mode in 9hrs at NIGHT when i don't use the phone)
and rite now i'm charging the phone again dont know whats wrong with it.

(It doesn't overheat or anything just loses battery.)

Will appreciate if someone can help troubleshoot this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-25-10-58-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-10-58-46.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2014-05-25-10-44-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-25-10-44-12.png
    162.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
My battery life was amazing when i bought the phone lasted like 2 days

Recently I got an update of less than 150mb after that my battery life is now horrible in normal mode it lasts 9 hours the screenshot i attached show my phones battery usage on POWER SAVING mode (50% used on power saving mode in 9hrs at NIGHT when i don't use the phone)
and rite now i'm charging the phone again dont know whats wrong with it.

(It doesn't overheat or anything just loses battery.)

Will appreciate if someone can help troubleshoot this issue.

First of allI would say that your active GPS is a high battery drain so I would turn it of and see again if the battery drain is still that high.

Syd91

May 19, 2013
Thnx turned off GPS and restarted phone now it's fine 85% from 100% in five hours with moderate use.

So is my GPS app is faulty?

I use maps a lot so how do I keep my GPS on but without this issue, my GPS was on from purchasing time but nothing like this happened.

Hoping for a permanent fix.

Once again appreciate the prompt help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DP1980

May 28, 2014
it's hard to answer your question without any other details. do you use any widgets? any apps that might cause waking of the device? use apps that could show the wakelocks during deep sleep

Syd91

May 19, 2013
I use the s health, the clock and calender and the track id however I went back to the store even after reset the issue was there They said I can change the fone but didn't have the black color ( white to me looks tacky) so I got the m8 instead. Thnx for the help.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

kawaiichi

Dec 13, 2013
change location service mode to power saving when not using maps, change to gps only when you need. Turn off bluetooth and wifi tethering. Switch to HSPA when you're using map because you don't need lte speed.