Lumia 900 already in stores?? (AT&T)

Search This thread

Seed 2.0

Oct 26, 2010
OH-IO
I called some stores in the Columbus, OH area. They said no demo's or product to speak of but to check back this Sunday.

I also read Glossy White, and have not heard about Matte White as for color options.

shea-bird

Feb 26, 2011
Philadelphia
I stopped in my local ATT store today and got to play around with one :) I asked if there was any chance they had a nokia lumia 900 around to look at and there was a weird silence and first reply of, it will be available in April...so I say thanks, turn around and begin to play with a note. about 30 secs later the nice rep comes over with a cyan blue, fully operational 900 in hand and said that he just got the ok to show me. so all in all, pretty cool experience. being there is little disparity in windows devices, I was primarily concerned with the build quality, screen, and camera. All of which seemed very nice. Still wasn't enough to sell me though...it's just too far behind the times in technology to warrant a upgrade at this point. I think I will wait for the HTC One X...

jermean

Sep 22, 2010
I called some stores in the Columbus, OH area. They said no demo's or product to speak of but to check back this Sunday.

I also read Glossy White, and have not heard about Matte White as for color options.

Everyone in my market (at&t employee) has the Lumia 900... even though the launch is a couple of weeks away... Nokia has made a big deal about this device... I like WP however I am missing my Galaxy Note... I will carry the Lumia until further notice and I will enjoy it!

PaullikesWINMO

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
Don't be surprised that all AT&T stores and employees have them in hand before official launch....

In the USA the AT&T employees get them for free !

http://www.wpcentral.com/report-nokia-paying-att-exclusive-employee-use-lumia-900

If anyone is reading this from Buffalo area, let us Canadians know which AT&T stores have lots of stock. :) Rogers here in Canada is only allowing reservations if you currently have a data plan or want to sign up on a data plan. There are lots of us that want to buy off contract since we are on plans with other carriers. We will be the last on the list with Rogers. Maybe AT&T stores can let us know so we can buy them there and they'll sell a ton of them.

PaullikesWINMO

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
If it's anything like the 800, then it's micro-sim inserted at the top of the phone. Nothing a sim cutter can't solve. Most cell phone shops have them and can be ordered on Amazon or Ebay if you prefer to do the cutting yourself.

AnyMal

Apr 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
If it's anything like the 800, then it's micro-sim inserted at the top of the phone. Nothing a sim cutter can't solve. Most cell phone shops have them and can be ordered on Amazon or Ebay if you prefer to do the cutting yourself.

I know that 800 uses micro SIM but was hoping that since 900 is larger it would accomodate a regular sized SIM. Dont feel like fumbling with adapters when swapping SIM's.

PaullikesWINMO

Nov 14, 2010
Toronto
No need to buy an adapter.... just use the portion of the sim card that gets cut away. That's what I do ! Not that I'm swaping phones much anymore. I like my Lumia 710 and once I have 900, it will be my only phone. My backup phone stuffed in a drawer will have the remaining piece of sim card that was cut away so I know where it is and ready for me to pop in the micro sim if I have to use that phone.

Reactions: falconeight

vclifton

Aug 13, 2010
Lumia 900? What lumia 900? >.>

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No need to buy an adapter.... just use the portion of the sim card that gets cut away. That's what I do ! Not that I'm swaping phones much anymore. I like my Lumia 710 and once I have 900, it will be my only phone. My backup phone stuffed in a drawer will have the remaining piece of sim card that was cut away so I know where it is and ready for me to pop in the micro sim if I have to use that phone.