[Bootscreen] Halo Reach Android Edition (Finally)

Search This thread

apheonixboy

Sep 29, 2010
Eagle Pass
I'm using Gingerbread 2.3.2 on my Evo,.... will it work on this? The actual boot time is 7 seconds ;)

Sent from my HTC Evo running Gingerbread 2.3.2

RichardHaro

Aug 5, 2010
WOW, looks awesome on my Desire.

however there maybe one or two things to notice;
the animations seems pretty fast on my phone and I think it would be nice if the "we are android" whit the android logo stay's on the screen until the lock screen comes up.

Mine too, and I agree on the latter point about "we are android" staying around longer.

zsld0423

Sep 16, 2010
bootanimation

the animations seems pretty fast on my phone and I think it would be nice if the "we are android" whit the android logo stay's on the screen until the lock screen comes up.

I've noticed it too on my Droid X. whenever I put any kind of custom bootanimation into my data/local folder and do a reboot, the bootanimation cycles through extremely fast. Not sure if there's any kind of fix for that, or if anyone knows? Any kind of insight is greatly appreciated for it. It'd be sweet to see the Logo for more than 1/2 a second

okachowwa

Jan 18, 2011
Louisiana
will this possibly be made for smaller devices because its about 1 or 2 fps on my aria lol and the "we are android" doesn't quite fit on the screen...but great job still

rictec

Jan 22, 2005
very nice job i put it on an IDEO S7 tablet

its worked but the table convert it to lanscape so the images are cut on top an bottom

it is a nice work indeed thank you

i did:
./adb shell
backup original bootanimation.zip
cp /system/media/bootanimation.zip /sdcard <-backup my original one
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system <- thats where the system is
then from a teminal ./adb push bootanimation.zip /sdcard2/ <-yeah this system has an internal /sdcard
on the adb shell used cp bootanimation.zip /system/media/ <- replace the original one
chmod 644 /system/media/bootanimation.zip <- well that was what the original had so i put the same
reboot

Last edited:

got2best

Feb 20, 2009
[Q] Clockwork

Hello First of I just want to say GREAT JOB!!! This is a very nice animation, much props for putting it together so well. I tried to install it on the newest clockwork which is 3.0.0.5 and it says that that type of zip is not suported by clockwork any more and it said to change someting on the zip. Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix. I will try to provide exact error in a little while. Thanks

rictec

Jan 22, 2005
i converted it to landscape

hi again
for those who have the tablet s7 here is the file converted to landscape
hope you dont mind

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 173

Daidalos117

Jan 30, 2009
Hey, how change bootanimation? I tried edit customize_s/resources but it doesn't work.I have Reflex HD ROM for Desire, and i tried both flash packages and edit one with customize to customize_s and it still doesnt work.

Last edited:
Mine too, and I agree on the latter point about "we are android" staying around longer.

I will get a "part3" folder put in there set to loop with the animation.

I've noticed it too on my Droid X. whenever I put any kind of custom bootanimation into my data/local folder and do a reboot, the bootanimation cycles through extremely fast. Not sure if there's any kind of fix for that, or if anyone knows? Any kind of insight is greatly appreciated for it. It'd be sweet to see the Logo for more than 1/2 a second

I have only been able to test the animations on my EVO and for some reason the animation always runs slow. If you could get me some video of your phone booting the animation that would be awesome. I would love to make the animation available for all types of android devices. So if your willing to help me test, I am happy to make any modifications necesary.

will this possibly be made for smaller devices because its about 1 or 2 fps on my aria lol and the "we are android" doesn't quite fit on the screen...but great job still

Let me know what size your screen is and I can see about about modifying the animation size for you.

Hello First of I just want to say GREAT JOB!!! This is a very nice animation, much props for putting it together so well. I tried to install it on the newest clockwork which is 3.0.0.5 and it says that that type of zip is not suported by clockwork any more and it said to change someting on the zip. Has anyone else had this problem or know the fix. I will try to provide exact error in a little while. Thanks

Glad you like it! I don't actually put together the flashable zip. I normally push my files via adb but user Tiffany84 has been helping me package up the animations into the flashable zips for everyone. I will let her know whats going on, she has a better idea than what I do about those.

I just updated clockworkmod to 3.0 and now all of a sudden I can't flash this zip. It's saying that amend isn't supported anymore and you have to switch to edify and bla bla bla...

thanks, btw it looks like an awesome animation. I'm gonna just replace it manually, but for the future, flashing is definitely more convenient...

I agree flashing is easier, I will let Tiffany84 know. That is why I include the original files incase the flashable version isn't supported by each rom, plus I'm stubborn and old school sometimes. ;)

Just like user zsld0423, if you could get me a video shot of your phone booting up the animation that will help me trouble shoot any problem as far as speed and length of the animation. I am more than happy to get the animation optimized for all versions of android and phones.

I have a couple other animations, need for speed and call of duty WaW, if anyone who does not have an EVO would mind testing those out to see how they run and let me know if they run fast like this animation, that would be really helpful as well.

Thanks,
-Crack

Last edited:

sitoekim

Jan 29, 2011
Wow. That is awsome. Wasen't even looking for anything like that and came across this. How cool. Thank you for being awsome.

WhiteiceDMSTech

Oct 18, 2009
Washington, IL.
Question.

I have the flashed version so there is sound. I would like to go back to having the boot animation without the sound. What do I need to do to get rid of the sound on this boot animation please?

Thank you,
Whiteice

will this work on a android nand htc hd2? this is sweet + i love halo

Yes, it should. You shouldn't need to flash it from recovery unless you want to try it but it most likely wont install in the correct directory. The easiest way, or at least I think so, is find the directory where the boot animation and sound is located within whatever rom your using for the HTC HD2. Download the original files in the first post and copy them to your sdcard, from there it's as easy as using a file explorer and moving them from the sdcard to the directory where the bootanimation is located. Don't forget to unrar the sound file, also, the name of the audio file already on your phone may be titled (probably will) differently. Just change the sound file name from "SPC_animation_final.mp3" to whatever the name is that may already exist. If no sound file pre exist, try "android_audio.mp3" as the title.

Question.

I have the flashed version so there is sound. I would like to go back to having the boot animation without the sound. What do I need to do to get rid of the sound on this boot animation please?

Thank you,
Whiteice

Just go to the directory /system/media or /system/customize/resource and delete the mp3 file titled "SPC_animation_final" that should do the trick.

greymalken

Apr 7, 2010
Here's a flashable zip for the halo bootanimation. The first one is for people that are running a rom with the bootanimation located in system/customize/resource. The second is for people that are running a rom with the bootanimation located in system/media. The first one has the sound included but the second one does not because there is not a way to use sound for the bootanimation on a rom that has the bootanimation located in system/media. Just wipe dalvik/cache and flash.

Ok, I must be tarded.
I dl'd the first zip (with sound). Copied it to my sdcard and flashed it with Ra 1.8. After wiping cache and dalvik (2x each, for good measure) of course. The boot animation doesn't play. I'm running a rooted Evo with Sprint Lover's ROM. The only other major thing that I've flashed is the AOSP Lockscreen from JsChiSurf.
If all else fails, I can try to take one of the un-zipped files and push it directly to /system/customize/resources -- but I have no idea how to navigate there using adb (I'm sure it's googlable).

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

balticzar

Jul 1, 2010
Hmmmm having problems. Flashed both flashable zip's with Clockwork and neither worked.

Droid X, rooted, running Liberty 1.5 and HTC Thunderbolt current boot animation.

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.

okachowwa

Jan 18, 2011
Louisiana
Let me know what size your screen is and I can see about about modifying the animation size for you.

that sounds great! my resolution is 480x320...also will having the correct resolution make it run smoother?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After almost 4 weeks of putting together storyboards, computer crashes, time constraints with the animation, testing, starting over, finally settling on a storyboard, more testing, editing, a broken car that won't start, being stranded at home for 2 days due to the weather, I am PROUD to give you Halo Reach Android Bootscreen. I hope you all enjoy, I am currently rocking it on my rooted EVO. Be aware the animation is a little longer than what most are used to for a bootscreen.

Major thanks to Rivertamer for his help testing!

IMPORTANT: Tiffany84 has just created flashable files for users, the links are below the animated gif. The original files still attached to the post are not flashable and require adb push or copying from your sdcard to the appropriate system directory.

ahrcomplete.gif

Thank you againTiffany84 for packing this up in flashable zips for everyone.

This is for roms where the bootanimation resides in /system/customize/resource and has the audio.
    http://db.tt/23eRQnO *Currently not working, working on it*

This one is for roms where bootanimation resides in /system/media and does not include sound since it's not supported.
    http://db.tt/8ckaZk1 *Currently not working, working on it*

-Crack
    http://db.tt/23eRQnO
    http://db.tt/8ckaZk1

Here's a flashable zip for the halo bootanimation. The first one is for people that are running a rom with the bootanimation located in system/customize/resource. The second is for people that are running a rom with the bootanimation located in system/media. The first one has the sound included but the second one does not because there is not a way to use sound for the bootanimation on a rom that has the bootanimation located in system/media. Just wipe dalvik/cache and flash.
    Just installed and just like the others you constructed, it is awesome..

So what's your next bootject that your working on....

Sent from my Supersonic EVO Using 4G Speeds

Glad you like it man, I hope everyone does. Next up, Modern Warfare 2, Star Wars, Transformers, Terminator. Maybe not in that order, but if people have requests I am more than happy to accommodate when I have the free time. Suggestions or ideas are welcome as well. ;)
    First I would like to say thank you for creating that. It looks pretty awesome.

Also, I have an HTC Evo with MikFroyo 4.4 Which one would I use for my setup? I have not done any custom bootscreens or anything like that, so this is new to me.

And lastly, do you have any other animations out there? If your work here is any sign, I would like to see what else you have come up with.

Thank you,
    Whiteice

You would use this one:

This is for roms where the bootanimation resides in /system/customize/resource and has the audio.
    http://db.tt/23eRQnO

Also, just to give yourself a double check, open root explorer and navigate to the /system/customize/resource folder. You should see a file that says bootanimation.zip That is the MikFroyo boot animation. Im running the same rom and have changed my boot animation through that folder.

EDIT: You can also download the attached "bootanimation.zip" file in the original post. Then navigate to the /system/customize/resource folder and RENAME the bootanimation.zip file(I changed mine to mikfroyobootanimation.zip just so I know which one it is) Once you have done that, you can now copy/paste the new halo "bootanimation.zip" file to the same folder(/system/customize/resource) Simply reboot your phone and it should work.
    awesome, i loved it :)
    not a gamer anymore but it still looks amazing