[Petition][UPDATED]Unlock the bootloader for the Asus TF300, Unlock is Here!

Search This thread

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Come on people. We need to send a message to Asus. This is how the TF201 got unlocked. We need more signatures!

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
There's a minor error on the petition's last paragraph:

"We assure you that fostering a vibrant development community around the Prime will promote sales and establish ASUS' reputation in the community as an excellent and receptive supplier of mobile devices"

It should say TF300 not Prime :D

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
There's a minor error on the petition's last paragraph:

"We assure you that fostering a vibrant development community around the Prime will promote sales and establish ASUS' reputation in the community as an excellent and receptive supplier of mobile devices"

It should say TF300 not Prime :D

Thanks, I fixed the typo.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Thanks everyone, lets keep it going. Spread the word.

whkn

Sep 15, 2007
49 now.

Keep spreading the word!

How many signatures were there for the Prime? Anyone remember this? I do remember that there was a lot to do about this back then.
But since Asus has taken the descision once for the prime, it should be much easier to copy/paste for the 300 as they already descided what and how.

chrome6boy

Dec 1, 2010
Chennai
I was the 50th.

Curiosity sake, we're already able to achieve root without an unlocked bootloader. Would a locked bootloader really prevent us from custom Roms like CM9?

Lady_Chloe

Apr 29, 2012
I signed it yesterday. I really need the unlocked bootloader, otherwise I will have to buy the super-expensive Prime!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
49 now.

Keep spreading the word!

How many signatures were there for the Prime? Anyone remember this? I do remember that there was a lot to do about this back then.
But since Asus has taken the descision once for the prime, it should be much easier to copy/paste for the 300 as they already descided what and how.

The other petition for the tf201 prime had 3306 signatures. We have a ways to go. Thanks to everyone who signed so far. Keep spreading the word.

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
Maybe you could try posting the link on the Prime's forums, since now we are ASUS brothers and we should always help family :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/asu...oader-for-the-tf300-tablet-and-future-tablets

Please share this with everyone in the android community.

Update!!! The unlock tool is available on the Asus site. I'll post a copy later. Thanks to maspro for pointing it out. See his thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667596.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...pad-300-bootloader-unlock-tool-now-available/
    Quote from the Asus Global website, on the tab "download" choose "Android" as OS, then browse to "Utilities" and download the bootloader unlock tool, it dates from 22 may 2012:

http://support.asus.com/download.as...rmer+Pad+TF300T&os=&hashedid=8BmzkQ4yoz5WzBrW

I started a new thread at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667596

Unlock Device App: Unlock boot loader.
    Notice:
    1. Only suitable for Andriod4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS version.
    2. Before you download, install, and use the Unlock Device App you acknowledge and assume complete risk to the quality and performance of this App, including but not limited to the following: once you activate the App you will not be able to recover your ASUS product (“Original Product”) back to original locked conditions;the Original Product with the activated App will not be deemed the Original Product; the Revised Product will no longer be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of Revised Product will no longer be deemed the software of the Original Product and can no longer receive ASUS software updates; your purchased digital content may also be affected.

You also acknowledge ASUS does not guarantee service satisfaction to any Revised Product, including events involving paid service requested by you to be performed to the Revised Product.
    Furthermore, such repaired Revised Product will not be covered under the warranty of the Original Product; the software of the repaired Revised Product will not be deemed the software of the Original Product and will not receive ASUS software updates.
    It is strongly advised that you avoid activating this App unless you fully understand and accept the risks that may arise.

※This tool now only works with TF300T ICS of TW,US,WW SKU. It won’t work on other devices.
    I'm pulling up the Linux license now to look through it, it's been a long time since I've read it over but I don't think what any of these companies are doing is legal!

GNU gpl licence unfortunately does not say anything about a bootloader. You just need to provide the source code of the kernel for free, along with your modifications. These companies do it - but to make us feel more like in the hands of Apple, they lock the hardware up so that we can't modify it. I ditched Apple just because of this policy and now I'd have to endure the same? Android device manufacturers need to compete with Apple using openness as their weapon! Wake up, Asus!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
    I included a link to this petition in my review of this tablet posted on the Whirlpool.net.au forums.
    whrl.pl/RdbvW3

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA
    212!!! Thanks for all the support. Keep it going.