[Q] Turn Off Check Battery Cover Warning

Search This thread

Sucka612

Oct 4, 2010
Any way to turn off the Check Battery Cover Warning?

It appears whenever you restart or unplug your device.

I was getting it constantly too but it turns out this is warning you that your back cover is not sealed all the way. You need to put the back cover properly by starting by pressing from the center out (near the camera is the first snap that needs to be pressed in) and continue to press down outwards like the arrows show on the plastic cover that was on the back when you received the phone.

whitepaw

Oct 29, 2009
I get this on every reboot and I have pressed the back cover onto the phone as good as possible.
Is my phone broken somehow or is that normal behaviour?

It appears for a few seconds after unlocking until touchwiz seems to redraw.
I don't get it constantly but only on reboot. I'd like my phone to be watersealed.

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
I get this on every reboot and I have pressed the back cover onto the phone as good as possible.
Is my phone broken somehow or is that normal behaviour?

It appears for a few seconds after unlocking until touchwiz seems to redraw.
I don't get it constantly but only on reboot. I'd like my phone to be watersealed.

It's normal, no worries. You should also get a warning about the usb port cover whenever you unplug a charger. These are just normal behaviors for the phone, reminding people to double check and make sure everything is sealed up properly.

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
It's normal, no worries. You should also get a warning about the usb port cover whenever you unplug a charger. These are just normal behaviors for the phone, reminding people to double check and make sure everything is sealed up properly.

+1.
Spot on - This is a generic message and does not mean your back is not secure, I see no sensor that the device could use to determine that the back or usb cover is not fully sealed. No way there is a switch at every tab for the back.
As for the USB cover I also get that after unplugging the USB and every reboot. Regardless of actual cover position.

subbaz

May 17, 2014
After numerous times of seeing the warnings, I'm pretty sure I could keep it sealed without being notified…
A way to remove these annoying warnings would make using this phone a whole lot more pleasant..

Sent from my SM-G900F

galaxy s4 nutjob

Mar 7, 2014
Niagara Falls

delawaredrew

Dec 13, 2010
Olympia, WA
Since I've been using the Qi charger I never see the warnings, another nice little benefit of going wireless. I'd forgotten about them until I moved music over via USB.

cybhunter

Jan 13, 2013
Looking under the PopupuiReceiver.apk (Under the manifest), there is mention of "BATTERY_COVER_WATERPROOF_POPUP" as an action. It is pluable that there is an inclusion for the USB and that by decomiling and removing the strings, the annoying pop ups will be removed.

cstayton

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Waite Park, MN.
Looking under the PopupuiReceiver.apk (Under the manifest), there is mention of "BATTERY_COVER_WATERPROOF_POPUP" as an action. It is pluable that there is an inclusion for the USB and that by decomiling and removing the strings, the annoying pop ups will be removed.

decompile popupuireciever.apk

go to /res/values/bools.xml

change the values for popup warning s (i dont remember the exact name but there is only three items in bools.xml) all should say false.

recompile and push back to your device.

WARNING!!!
DO NOT make any changes in the manifest.xml file

mikek773

Apr 28, 2015
Chicago
" "
Must have root and exposed installed and activated woKS great

If I've helped in any way please click thanks[/QUOTE]

I am so glad I ran into this, that pop up screen is most annoying, especially with a bad ca let on a bumpy road.
However, before I run it .... I have the s5 Active G870A. Will this work on the G870A as well? I read the info at that link, but I'm not clear as to if it will work. Can you please help?

Thank you

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
decompile popupuireciever.apk

go to /res/values/bools.xml

change the values for popup warning s (i dont remember the exact name but there is only three items in bools.xml) all should say false.

recompile and push back to your device.

WARNING!!!
DO NOT make any changes in the manifest.xml file
You can also just freeze popupuireciever kn TiBu

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: iPAQ 6515a User

Top Liked Posts