I am back, how y'all!?

Search This thread

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Hey guys, I am not sure if many over here know me, or if those that knew me are still around. But it'd be cool to see a few familiar faces again. I am back, after a long time. Not saying I will be checking in regularly, as I got busy IRL, but it'd be nice to see some familiar names there...

junkmail9

Hey guys, I am not sure if many over here know me, or if those that knew me are still around. But it'd be cool to see a few familiar faces again. I am back, after a long time. Not saying I will be checking in regularly, as I got busy IRL, but it'd be nice to see some familiar names there...

Well, howdy, LT! It's been a while. How's it going? You can't see my face, but if you look to the left, you can see my avatar :p

Are you still using the Dinc4g? I'm still quite content with mine. Nothing out there has me in the least bit excited to go to anything else. A co-worker has the new M8. Nice specs, but that sucker's HUGE.

Reactions: litetaker

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Well, howdy, LT! It's been a while. How's it going? You can't see my face, but if you look to the left, you can see my avatar :p

Are you still using the Dinc4g? I'm still quite content with mine. Nothing out there has me in the least bit excited to go to anything else. A co-worker has the new M8. Nice specs, but that sucker's HUGE.

Yup! I am still with the Dinc4G alright. It is sweet, and running latest CM 11, 4.4.2 KitKat. This is definitely the best phone I have had so far. Sure not the best out there, but pretty good. And the only phone (of the 3 I had so far) that can run CM almost bug free (apart from rare reboots). So I am quite content.

But later this year, when the new Nexus is out, I will be jumping ship to AT&T and get on the Nexus train!

Btw, I may actually go to AT&T before getting the nexus. Will the Dinc4G work with AT&T? It is a world phone, so it has all the bands right? I used it once in India with the local (Airtel) network and it worked... I dunno :confused:

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Wow... It has been over 1.5 years since I had this phone, and I hardly noticed! That is a sign of a good phone folks! No needs to gets the latest and greatest y'all! I am very happy with this phone, so happy that I stopped bothering updating CM for a long time, since last July/August and only recently updated to 4.3 (April) and then updated to 4.4.2 yesterday! :p Call me lazy but CM 10.2.1 with Jellybean 4.2 was quite good! :)

junkmail9

SO sad... these forums feel like a ghost town! :( No one messing with this phone anymore or what?

Yeah. It's pretty quiet. My guess is that those of us who still use it have settled in nicely with their ROM of choice and are happy as can be. Based on your post above, I'm tempted to try the CM with KitKat, but I'm still quite happy with ViperLTE... Hmm. Maybe tomorrow :p

jcpowell

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Yeah. It's pretty quiet. My guess is that those of us who still use it have settled in nicely with their ROM of choice and are happy as can be. Based on your post above, I'm tempted to try the CM with KitKat, but I'm still quite happy with ViperLTE... Hmm. Maybe tomorrow :p

I personally don't use this phone anymore, but I passed mine to my daughter and I keep it updated with the latest cm11 even nightlies still... Old habits lol
It's really smooth and makes me miss this device

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
Just letting you know, it's been rumored that the nexus line is dead now. I don't know if they will continue with the GPE devices. The GPE devices are just as good as the nexus in my opinion. Just a different name. The HTC One M8 has a GPE on their site.

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
apart from that ;) ... fireball isn't completely dead (with regards to dev'ing) yet ... just the most recent dev work (kernel & rom) updates are still "behind the scenes" in coding and testing => before another release

cheers

litetaker

Dec 2, 2011
London
Google Pixel 2
Yay! People woke up and responded to this thread. :victory: I doubt the nexus line is dead, as it is quite a popular device, slowly gaining more traction and often sold out online. My brother told me the next Nexus device is rumored to be 5.5 inches big so I dunno. It seems odd that it will be killed off, although it is just as strange that they have not released an upgraded model for the Nexus 10. It is soo difficult to tell with Google as they are so fickle, quick with axing services and products. Hope the nexus lineup continues or at least Google Play Editions continue, it makes little sense to kill it off as it is one of Google's answer to fragmentation.

I am soon jumping ship to AT&T so that I can finally pick Google Play edition/Nexus phones! :D But I believe this rock solid phone being a global phone can work on AT&T? At least get 3G? What is the catch there?

kimba99

Mar 17, 2013
I am soon jumping ship to AT&T so that I can finally pick Google Play edition/Nexus phones! :D But I believe this rock solid phone being a global phone can work on AT&T? At least get 3G? What is the catch there?

using it on another carrier _should_ be no prob, just set-up your APNs accordingly. but as for the radio:
* 4G LTE is (unfortunately) 700MHz _only_! (even if the chip itself is 4G multiband capable) = so NO worldwide usable 4G LTE >.<
* 3.5G / HSPA modes are rather instable so that it usually falls-back to regular 3G from my experience

* but those regular 3G as well as all 2.5G etc modes (GPRS / EDGE) are really stable and good for whatever usage.

Reactions: litetaker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    apart from that ;) ... fireball isn't completely dead (with regards to dev'ing) yet ... just the most recent dev work (kernel & rom) updates are still "behind the scenes" in coding and testing => before another release

cheers

I added you on G+

Thanks, I added you back. But alas I do not use G+. I just use FB. No matter how hard Google tries none of my friends are using G+ too much, and one of them even works for Google! LOL! :laugh:

using it on another carrier _should_ be no prob, just set-up your APNs accordingly. but as for the radio:
    * 4G LTE is (unfortunately) 700MHz _only_! (even if the chip itself is 4G multiband capable) = so NO worldwide usable 4G LTE >.<
    * 3.5G / HSPA modes are rather instable so that it usually falls-back to regular 3G from my experience

* but those regular 3G as well as all 2.5G etc modes (GPRS / EDGE) are really stable and good for whatever usage.