[silly question] Will nexus 5 get the final Android L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nikssims

Feb 3, 2011
This might be silly question, but i have been wondering if we will get the final Android L in fall. I am very new to this how this gets updated and so on, and i wondered if we will be left with only the testing version of Android L or we will get the final thing too in fall as official update to nexus 5?

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
This might be silly question, but i have been wondering if we will get the final Android L in fall. I am very new to this how this gets updated and so on, and i wondered if we will be left with only the testing version of Android L or we will get the final thing too in fall as official update to nexus 5?

Nexus devices usually get 18 months of updates after release, so yes.

Thread belongs in Q&A, not General.

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
The Nexus 5 will get the L update. Even ones after that

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
Of course, that's what the Nexus line of phones were meant for. That's what this OS was built and tested on by google engineers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Koragg618

Aug 10, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The last major update for the Nexus 5 will most probably be the L release. Minor updates will happen like we had 4.4.1, 4.4.2 and such.

G

GuestK0087

The Nexus 4 is still receiving updates isn't it? Question answered.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
The last major update for the Nexus 5 will most probably be the L release. Minor updates will happen like we had 4.4.1, 4.4.2 and such.

No, if L is 5.0, the Nexus 5 will at least get 5.1 as well. It won't be a question until 5.2, but the Nexus 5 will probably get that as well. Heck, we're pretty sure even the Nexus 4 will get L, and the N5 will get updates at least a year longer than the N4.

Last edited:

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
No, Nexus 5 would burst in Flames as soon as it's get the updates... i wont suggest doing that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And you really needed to open a new thread for that instead of asking in one of the countless L threads ? Hope the mods will clean up here soon.

I'm seriously running out of popcorn reading the craziness from this L build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    I think this thread has reached it's EOL. Your question has been answered in this thread and others multiple times.

Thread closed