Applications you have deleted

Search This thread

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
For those of you stupid enough to root your xoom (yea i did too), what apps have you deleted? Keep in mind there is no going back if you screw something up.

Things i have deleted safely.
Cordy
Dungeon Defenders
StringrayProgramMenu
StingrayProgramMenuSystem
StingrayQuickOffice

huelsebu

Jun 9, 2010
New York
I got rid of the stock e-mail app. Something about having that app in my app drawer despite NEVER using it always drove me crazy on my OG Droid, so after flashing a ROM it was always my first thing to delete. (I'm talking the e-mail app, not the gmail app)

EmailGoogle.apk it is, although I only renamed the file extension w/Root Explorer, didn't actually delete it yet. Going to wait for a full recovery option before going that route

Last edited:

Bauxite

Jan 20, 2011
NEVER delete an app from the system folder without a backup. OTA updates check for these files before they run, and they will not complete without them, no matter how stupid the app.

Instead rename the app by adding an extension such as program.apk.no and android will ignore it. It's really dumb to delete things forever.

You can also pull the apps to your computer using adb first.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
NEVER delete an app from the system folder without a backup. OTA updates check for these files before they run, and they will not complete without them, no matter how stupid the app.

Instead rename the app by adding an extension such as program.apk.no and android will ignore it. It's really dumb to delete things forever.

You can also pull the apps to your computer using adb first.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

I just move them to sdcard. But I also have the system dump if needed.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk