[ROM] ICS 4.0.3 Acer iconia A200 leak

Search This thread

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO
I made this post for users of the a200 so they could know how to put it on their tablets.

Found this and flashed it to my tablet haven't had any issues with it yet.

http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=133

To install:

Step 1: download from link (I used my tablet to download it.)
Step 2: rename to update.zip (used esfile explorer to rename and move it)
Step 3: copy file to root of EXTERNAL SD CARD
Step 4: power off tablet
Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text in the upper left corner then release the buttons
Step 6: let it install it shouldn't take all that long
Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in

Not responsible for bricking or blowing up your tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_20120203_093138.jpg
    IMG_20120203_093138.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 2,212
Last edited:

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site

To install:

Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears
Step 7: Enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich. Suggest rebooting just once to let it settle in

The author has already posted this here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308469

Reactions: tweaked

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO
Did this for users of the a200 so they can put it on there tablets. its just a how to. Didn't see one in that post. Since there's not a dev section for the a200 yet.

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012

In what world are a 3.2.1 port to the a500 and 4.0.3 designed for the a200 the same thing?
Also, TC, I've seen far more complicated ways for a200 owners to get this working, so thanks for sharing (even if I dont have an a200). Hopefully someone can port this to a500, I love the ring feature, its why I sacrifice my rear camera to run the port the other guy linked to (I also sacrifice app compatibility on occasion as my tablet now reads as an a200, things like the USAA banking app dont show in the market and BIA2+ doesnt work but that game kinda blows anyway).

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
In what world are a 3.2.1 port to the a500 and 4.0.3 designed for the a200 the same thing?
Also, TC, I've seen far more complicated ways for a200 owners to get this working, so thanks for sharing (even if I dont have an a200). Hopefully someone can port this to a500, I love the ring feature, its why I sacrifice my rear camera to run the port the other guy linked to (I also sacrifice app compatibility on occasion as my tablet now reads as an a200, things like the USAA banking app dont show in the market and BIA2+ doesnt work but that game kinda blows anyway).

Anyway, I think it is still best to let the author post that himself. He has all that up on his server at http://vache-android.com/v1/index.php?site=files&cat=38

jhunterb18

May 12, 2009
Westminster, CO
As far as putting it in your tablet or performance wise? If performance wise, I think it works great. No issues with it really. Notice it was a little laggy with Pandora in the background while I was browsing the web with the stock browser but I switched to dolphin browser and its been working great. Highly recommend. It doesn't have facial unlock like the new nexus is supposed to have but no biggy.

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
This ROM does not work on my A500. I get an error: "assert failed" getprop('ro.product.name') == "a200_pa_cus1"

Maybe you should fix the build.prop and re-upload, or put it in the OP that this needs to be done. Because as you have it uploaded, it doesn't work.

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012
This ROM does not work on my A500. I get an error: "assert failed" getprop('ro.product.name') == "a200_pa_cus1"

Maybe you should fix the build.prop and re-upload, or put it in the OP that this needs to be done. Because as you have it uploaded, it doesn't work.

or you could read the OP and find out its an a200 rom and not an a500 rom. seriously, flashing wihtout reading is just begging for a bricked device.

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012
Because that would just make sense.

Yes, because the admins are going to make a separate forum section for a tablet that virtually no one has. There are 2-3 year old devices that dont have their own forum and you think they are going to make a forum for the a200 because some random guy asked?

Also, the first line of the post (as was pointed out) as well as the TC's sig clearly state a200, so there you go again not reading anything.

agentfazexx

Aug 10, 2010
Maryland, USA
Yes, because the admins are going to make a separate forum section for a tablet that virtually no one has. There are 2-3 year old devices that dont have their own forum and you think they are going to make a forum for the a200 because some random guy asked?

Also, the first line of the post (as was pointed out) as well as the TC's sig clearly state a200, so there you go again not reading anything.

Way to troll bud. He just updated the thread an hour ago saying this was for the A200 only.

jvillejoe

Jul 6, 2010
In the swamp!
Last edited:
Reactions: jhunterb18

jvillejoe

Jul 6, 2010
In the swamp!
Last edited:

tweaked

Sep 12, 2008
Your Moms house
Google Pixel 4a
I made this post for users of the a200 so they could know how to put it on their tablets.

To install:

Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears and white text in the upper left corner then release the buttons

Thanks! Now if only they would get root for this thing. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To install:

To install:

Step 5: press and hold left volume button (button with two dots) and then press and hold power until Acer appears

The author has already posted this here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308469
    Did this for users of the a200 so they can put it on there tablets. its just a how to. Didn't see one in that post. Since there's not a dev section for the a200 yet.

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=565 <~~~This is where you should post this until the A200 has a dedicated section.;)

Edit: Once the dedicated section has been made you can then ask a Mod to move your thread to the forum needed.
    Thanks for the info. I just purchased an A200.

Unfortunately the update did not work for me. I got the upgrade animation to work (droid with gears inside) then it went to an android with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle.

After the exclamation droid for a few mins it reboots like nothing happened and I am able to get back in like normal.

When you say you put this on an external SD card is that the internal partitioned space or did you actually put a card in the slot?

Thank you!

You have to use an external sd card one you put in the slot.