Search This thread

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Kansas City Area
before everyone jumps on me....i am not complaning but just reporting my issue

when i took picture and went to gallary then camera app was totally not responding
and when i reopen the camera it said "cant connect to camera"

That happens on a lot of ROMs, even the stock HTC ROM. Nothing to worry about. It is a rare occurrence, and not a big problem. Rebooting will fix it. If the camera fails to respond and you choose to kill it, then the camera is no longer usable until a reboot. Sometimes the camera will even lock up completely and this will happen. It is uncommon but it happens to every ROM I've seen on this device.

Last edited:
Reactions: a2296455

KCuadrado

Sep 9, 2011
Caguas
The only problem I have is that sometimes the ringtone and media volume goes down and I cannot hear my phone ring or when I play games. Even if I try to raise the volume with the volume rocker it stays low until I restart the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

a2296455

May 2, 2011
This is awesome. I will donate shortly.

Is there any way for this to be released officially through ROM Manager or are we waiting for official builds from CM first?

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I downloaded the compiled build to install.

Compiled Builds:
25-03-12 - MD5: 1c908e46303ec6bc99e6c9f2aea16754

Wiped. Installed build. Locks on initial boot screen. Have the latest firmware. Wiped everything and tried again. Still locks on boot screen. What am i doing wrong with this one?

I have this same problem, I wiped using the CWM Recovery option. What do I do? It's stuck at the HTC white bootscreen!

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Kansas City Area
Signature image

I don't mean to go off topic, but I was bored so I made a simple signature tag for this ROM. I don't mind if anyone uses it, of course, or knows a closer match to the font used on the CM logo! I'm disappointed that XDA dumbs the image quality down so much though...any way to bypass that? :confused:

Reactions: a2296455

a2296455

May 2, 2011
Yeah I just did when I first tried it. I forgot to wipe the cache. A quick factory reset wipe in 4EXT fixed it and it booted right up after a 2nd install.

What I can't figure out is why GPS doesn't work for me more than once. It works great, and I mean REALLY great one time. But if I turn the GPS off, it won't turn back on until I reboot.

Had the same problem when I tried Trip's CM9. Had the same problem on the CM7 Alpha.

But it works fine on other ROMs.

Weird, right?

I'm in CWM, how exactly do I fix this?

mrg02d

Jul 3, 2011
Tallahassee
Guys, this is amazing...I just flashed the newest build and my data speeds more than tripled! I used to DL at 1.7 Mbps and now I am doing 6.5Mbps! What the heck? I had no idea a rom could do that? Either that, or tmobile decided to stick a tower next to my place...I'll have to restore to a sense based rom and check to see that it truly is the rom and not a miracle on tmobile end.

Also found a work around for the torch. tesla HD from the market works. Another one, " the brightest flashlight" caused crazy reboots.

I also think that the issue with battery drain may be more an issue of the battery reporting full when it isn't and then leading people to believe it is draining quickly. My battery went from 30% to 100% in less than an hour. Theres no way, without violating electrical laws, for that to happen.

Matt

a2296455

May 2, 2011
I think ClockworkMod has issues with AOSP ROMs on the Sensation for some reason. Best thing to do is switch to 4ext recovery and use it instead.

How do I do that when I need to access the phone to install 4ext (I'm looking on the eXT4's website and it points me to an .apk)? I hope they fix this in CWM, it's kind of frustrating...

Azothyran

Aug 26, 2010
Kansas City Area
How do I do that when I need to access the phone to install 4ext (I'm looking on the eXT4's website and it points me to an .apk)? I hope they fix this in CWM, it's kind of frustrating...

I take it you didn't make a backup of the last ROM you were running? You should always make a backup in case something goes wrong. I don't mean to lecture but...

Is it possible for you to flash a different ROM, then install the APK on there? I know it seems like a roundabout way but...

Matt1408

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto

I was in the same point as you. I was using (and still am) ClockwordMod while trying to get this working. Unfortantely after wiping and stuff and installing the phone seemed to take forever to boot. (Literally left it for over an hour). That's I just let it overwrite my CM7 build. The proccess worked a lot better, didn't have to reinstall all my apps, etc...

a2296455

May 2, 2011
I take it you didn't make a backup of the last ROM you were running? You should always make a backup in case something goes wrong. I don't mean to lecture but...

Is it possible for you to flash a different ROM, then install the APK on there? I know it seems like a roundabout way but...

How would I place the ROM file on my SD card given I don't have access to the SD card?

All I have access to at this point is CWM recovery. I have a restore from 2011 which was a while ago and before I did S-OFF and rooted, but I'm not too sure it will work. Let me give it a try.

Last edited:

a2296455

May 2, 2011
I was in the same point as you. I was using (and still am) ClockwordMod while trying to get this working. Unfortantely after wiping and stuff and installing the phone seemed to take forever to boot. (Literally left it for over an hour). That's I just let it overwrite my CM7 build. The proccess worked a lot better, didn't have to reinstall all my apps, etc...

What did you do to fix it?

a2296455

May 2, 2011
If you look through the menus on CWM, you will see there is a Mount USB Storage option, which allows you to access your SDCard from your computer while in recovery...

OK I got back into an old build, I'm trying to install Ext4 right now (for some reason it's not recoginizing the .apk when I downloaded it, even with nonmarket installs enabled). I'll try to install ext4 and see how everything goes.

Or should I just try to install this without wiping? What is the proper way to install this through CWM? Obviously the wipe option there is broken. There needs to be clarification on this I think...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

This thread is about OpenSensation and not about my kernel!!

Disclaimer
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    Known Bugs / Fixes
    • MHL doesn't works as expected
    • Bluetooth may not work perfectly on every device
    • Not compatible with SuperWipe.zip
      • Use 4EXT's full-wipe function
    • Your bug is not listed here?
    Difference between OpenSensation and CyanogenMod
    • we have 1080p, they don’t
    • we have OTA Updates, they don’t
    • we have PDroid patches included, they don’t
    • we have removed RomManger and Terminal Emulator (bloatware, still available in Play Store)
    USB-OTG
    The USB-OTG stuff is a little bit tricky. It looks like some Sensations have a self powered USB Host port which allows them to use an USB-Stick without external power. But most Sensation don’t have it.
    You need
    • USB-OTG y-cable (like this)
      • (or a normal USB-OTG cable if your attached device has it’s own power supply)
    • in case you’re using an USB-OTG y-cable you need an external power supply
      • I recommend you a mobile battery with a female USB-Port
    This ROM will mount the first partition of your attached device (fat32 & ntfs only!) to /mnt/usbdisk. If you wan’t to use more partitions/devices I recommend you to use Chainfire’s StickMount App
    Requirements
    • HTC Sensation (XE and 4G sould work, too)
    • custom Recovery (I recommend 4EXT)
    • 3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (ROM is tested with 3.32 firmware, so use 3.33 at your own risk!)
    • S-OFF (ROM should work without S-OFF, but you might need 4EXT’s SmartFlash to properly flash the boot.img)
    • SDCard
    Download
    FAQ
    • Can we have XYZ from Sense?
      • NO!
    • “Is there a way to have FM Radio?”
      • No, there is no way to build it from source. Try Spirit FM.
    Thanks & Credits
    • Vorbeth, intervigilium, elelinux and cretin45 (for bringing CM9 to the Sensation)
    • intervigilium, faux123 and showp1984 (for the kernel)
    • blahbl4hblah (for his tutorial to compile OpenSensation which brought me to where I am now)
    • aquariumsoft (for UpdateMe)
    • SebastianFM (for his USB-OTG patch)
    • pastime1971 (for the updated PDroid patches)
    • Slap me if I forgot to mention you :)
    Sources
    Removed as TamCore now has OP
    Small update for you all.
    I'm going to be stopping working on OS. Waiting 190 minutes for each compile just to test a small fix is getting too much.

I thank all those that previously donated, I was able to get a used q6600 PC, however that didn't last and the CPU fried. (Probably why I got it cheap was that is was on it's way out)

I've asked TamCore if he will take over on OpenSensation.

I have enjoyed the time I spent in doing this, however with work I don't have time to work on this during a week now, as the last few updates have shown working on it during the week, staying up while it compiles results in a few bug's.

The repo's as they are now do suffer from audio routing and I will try to re-port the routing fix over the next few day's, but that will be my last contribution.
    What's the current status of LPA?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

In a few hours after I compile, it will be enabled & audio routing band-aided

leaving just bluetooth, mhl, full HW acceleration & a few wakelock issues to be fixed.

Hell, I started out on this laptop, so may as well finish on it.
    i'll stick around continuing to work on this for a while yet.

Guess I just got that pissed off waiting one night I thought "f**k it"
    I will continue until such a point that cm and my repos have exactly the same functions.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA