HTC Media Link HD

Search This thread

tandfeen

Oct 25, 2010
Who's getting one?
I think it looks awesome, but a little expensive so I had some doubts if I should by it or not.
But now my carrier is providing me one for free because of delayed delivery on my HOX.

Any of you guys getting one?
Will we be able to use it with other phones/tablets?
I really want to use it with my gtab 10.1, so it would be awesome if someone could figure out, maybe porting the app (if its and app) from HOX to other devises.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

dr9722

Oct 8, 2008
Newhaven
Who's getting one?
I think it looks awesome, but a little expensive so I had some doubts if I should by it or not.
But now my carrier is providing me one for free because of delayed delivery on my HOX.

I really want to use it with my gtab 10.1, so it would be awesome if someone could figure out, maybe porting the app (if its and app) from HOX to other devises.

Yes Im getting one but only because it came free with my One X order. In answer to your questions yes it can be used with other devices.

Ive got the standard media link adapter as well and that works perfectly on my Moto Xoom. If your concerned about the price there are cheaper alternatives that do the exact same thing. Just have a browse on Amazon for DLNA receivers.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Yes Im getting one but only because it came free with my One X order. In answer to your questions yes it can be used with other devices.

Ive got the standard media link adapter as well and that works perfectly on my Moto Xoom. If your concerned about the price there are cheaper alternatives that do the exact same thing. Just have a browse on Amazon for DLNA receivers.

So it is basically just a DLNA receiver? therefore my PS3 can do the exact same thing? :D

rasterX

Jan 28, 2008
Los Angeles
So it is basically just a DLNA receiver? therefore my PS3 can do the exact same thing? :D

The Media Link for the One series is different than the previous HTC Media Links (basically DLNA media players), in that it can mirror what you see on the phone's screen. So it's more like a "smart" wireless HDMI connection, since once you start media playback, it switches to media streaming mode like the old Links, and the phone can be used to do other things without interrupting the video on the TV.

I like the idea of playing a game through this, but there is noticable latency, so no Shadowgun, but Angry Birds would probably work well.

Reactions: jameslfc5

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
The Media Link for the One series is different than the previous HTC Media Links (basically DLNA media players), in that it can mirror what you see on the phone's screen. So it's more like a "smart" wireless HDMI connection, since once you start media playback, it switches to media streaming mode like the old Links, and the phone can be used to do other things without interrupting the video on the TV.

I like the idea of playing a game through this, but there is noticable latency, so no Shadowgun, but Angry Birds would probably work well.

Thanks for the information mate, hopefully they'll drop in price on ebay since a lot of people have got them free in promotional offers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

CbIP

Apr 6, 2012
Moscow
Does anybody know exact differences between DLNA and HTC media link technology?
I have a DLNA TV (LG 47LW575S), it is connected to my wireless router. I wonder, if it is possible to connect HOX without a "media link"...
Also, I don't want to have 2 wireless networks in my house.
I'll try to stream media as soon as receive my HOX (just ordered) and post a result here.

mzaza

Oct 30, 2010
Giza

How long does the battery last while your watching movie through the Media Link?

kebsood

Jul 29, 2007
I have been using my one x to stream to the ps3. there are various dlna server apps in the market, I personally use BubbleUPnP on my one x. regarding the battery life, well if the screen is off I generally find the battery doesn't go down too quick, even while streaming or on a long call. the display is what seems too suck battery ie: games or browsing the web. anyway id save your money unless you really want to use all your apps on a large display/tv. or buy a mhl to hdmi cable online for a tenner does the same job as the medialink, though wired.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: jameslfc5

audiobookman

Aug 1, 2007
ive just ordered one and the speaker dock as well.
does anyone know if this is actually dnla so other devices would work (such as my pc and my archos 101 tablet), also is there a built in battery in the media link as the specs say there is a "charge cable" - if there is whats the battery life like on that. i hope there is as this would be ideal on my already crowded outlets by my main tv with xbox, wii, bluray, tv, tivo reciver, surround system, cable modem and finally the router.
thanks guys

jaspabt

Mar 29, 2012
St Helens
my understanding was the media link only worked with Sense 4, so not sure its compatible with all devices. It is compatible with all TVs/monitors that have a HDMI port. THe Media Link comes with a built in rechargeable battery which is charged the same way as your phone with a micro usb cable.

Reactions: audiobookman

420kushking

Feb 13, 2012
Long Beach
Does anyone have any news about the availability of this item? I have already had to cancel several orders online, due to online retailers saying they have it in stock. A couple say they have it in stock but when you order, your order goes to backorder... So anyone with information about when its going to be released, or who the first company is to get it... that would be very helpful to me. PS. dont order from mobicity.com.au !

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
Doesn't matter because you can charge it as you watch?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Not necessarily. It'd be nice to be able to take this to someone's house, connect it to their tv, and stream a movie or something. Sometimes finding an available outlet in those situations is annoying.

So I'm also wondering about battery life..

420kushking

Feb 13, 2012
Long Beach
Not necessarily. It'd be nice to be able to take this to someone's house, connect it to their tv, and stream a movie or something. Sometimes finding an available outlet in those situations is annoying.

I couldnt agree more. People are reluctant to have you messing with the plugs on their television and peripherals. If you could simply plug into hdmi and watch a movie or two on battery it would be truly portable and much less intrusive if you were to take it to a friends or relatives house.

nickhuk

Aug 5, 2010
Glasgow
I couldnt agree more. People are reluctant to have you messing with the plugs on their television and peripherals. If you could simply plug into hdmi and watch a movie or two on battery it would be truly portable and much less intrusive if you were to take it to a friends or relatives house.

Yeah and quite possibly the only things u would require would be the phone and media link - both pocket friendly - well, as long as your mates got a spare hdmi cable

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

knoobie

May 12, 2011
Shouldn't the media link comes with a hdmi cable itself?

MarioUK

Dec 1, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
Yeah and quite possibly the only things u would require would be the phone and media link - both pocket friendly - well, as long as your mates got a spare hdmi cable

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

By the looks of it it seems the Media Link HD itself needs plugging into a power supply. All the videos I've seen of it on YouTube in operation show two cables coming out of it (the HDMI cable and presumably the power cable?). Plus when you look on the Mobile Fun site, it shows two ports on it...a HDMI port and a Micro USB port:

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-dg-h200-one-s-media-link-hd-wireless-hdmi-adapter-p34391.htm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who's getting one?

I have been using my one x to stream to the ps3. there are various dlna server apps in the market, I personally use BubbleUPnP on my one x. regarding the battery life, well if the screen is off I generally find the battery doesn't go down too quick, even while streaming or on a long call. the display is what seems too suck battery ie: games or browsing the web. anyway id save your money unless you really want to use all your apps on a large display/tv. or buy a mhl to hdmi cable online for a tenner does the same job as the medialink, though wired.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
    my understanding was the media link only worked with Sense 4, so not sure its compatible with all devices. It is compatible with all TVs/monitors that have a HDMI port. THe Media Link comes with a built in rechargeable battery which is charged the same way as your phone with a micro usb cable.
    Does anyone have any news about the availability of this item? I have already had to cancel several orders online, due to online retailers saying they have it in stock. A couple say they have it in stock but when you order, your order goes to backorder... So anyone with information about when its going to be released, or who the first company is to get it... that would be very helpful to me. PS. dont order from mobicity.com.au !

3 denmark will get it in May. And send me one for free :)
    But I think the official release date is late April.