T-MOBILE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 BAD IMEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Nicmob15

Jan 19, 2015
Samsung note 3 bad

Hey how are u doing I have the same issue with a tmobile note 3 I purchased via craiglist . Could u help please?

Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

DrFeel

Apr 29, 2015
Note 3 IMEI block

I have the same problem with a note 3, can you share your solution please.

Like someone said, theres no legal way to unblock that phone but PM me for my solution to when I had the same problem as you. Yours actually should be easier to fix lol

taebojames

Jun 22, 2015
Advice

I have the same problem as the Note 3 user w/ the blocked IMEI, except I have a Note 4. What can I do?

brendan.crossmock

Jan 6, 2013
Oklahoma City
Don't trust friends to keep account paid

I have a similar issue, only, I turned service on with a friend. Transferred to my own account and T-Mobile never switched device ownership. When he didn't pay his bill, my imei got locked. $600 paper weight.

ytj87

Jul 16, 2009
Sorry, but all those saying it's illegal to alter an IMEI are wrong. The bills to make it a crime never passed. The carriers and law enforcement purposely keep this falsehood going. Learn QPST (for Qualcomm based phones) or find someone on ebay who can remotely change the IMEI to an international one.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Sorry, but all those saying it's illegal to alter an IMEI are wrong. The bills to make it a crime never passed. The carriers and law enforcement purposely keep this falsehood going. Learn QPST (for Qualcomm based phones) or find someone on ebay who can remotely change the IMEI to an international one.

Youre quite full of misinformation. First off, QPST alone wont repair your IMEI as far as I know. Secondly, you dont need an INTERNATIONAL IMEI to get off the blacklist. And thirdly, with that much misinformation I'm willing to bet that you're wrong about it being legal.

Sent from my SM-G925P using XDA Free mobile app

ytj87

Jul 16, 2009
To each his own ecs. I've been doing this a long time and have modded quite a few phone IMEIs with QPST. Good luck finding a domestic IMEI that'll work from other than a smashed phone. Which is a viable option, but international IMEIs are foolproof and easy to get.

While you're learning, find the exact federal statute that makes IMEI alteration illegal. When you can't, then read about the many failed efforts to get such a law passed.

Of many links... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2652022

Last edited:

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
To each his own ecs. I've been doing this a long time and have modded quite a few phone IMEIs with QPST. Good luck finding a domestic IMEI that'll work from other than a smashed phone. Which is a viable option, but international IMEIs are foolproof and easy to get.

While you're learning, find the exact federal statute that makes IMEI alteration illegal. When you can't, then read about the many failed efforts to get such a law passed.

Of many links... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2652022

Good luck changing the IMEI on a Note 3, Note 4, S5, S6 S6 edge, Note Edge or any phone on kit kat/lollipop for that matter with QPST. We arent on Ice Cream Sandwich anymore. They closed loopholes that made it possible for even trained monkeys to change the IMEI.

Dude, you know absolutely nothing about how IMEIs work. Ive been using domestic IMEIs and corresponding certificates on various domestic phones. I havent ever had a customer return a phone. Guess im doing it wrong eh? :rolleyes:

http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/6-arrested-in-patna-for-imei-number-tampering-38247.html

Yeah, IMEI tampering isnt illegal until you get your shop/house raided lmao. Im done here. Anyone who knows how to use Google can prove all your points wrong within 60 seconds or less.

https://www.fcc.gov/guides/cell-phone-fraud

Last edited:

ytj87

Jul 16, 2009
Good luck changing the IMEI on a Note 3, Note 4, S5, S6 S6 edge, Note Edge or any phone on kit kat/lollipop for that matter with QPST. We arent on Ice Cream Sandwich anymore. They closed loopholes that made it possible for even trained monkeys to change the IMEI.

Really? Note 3, S6, and S6 Edge as well. But not on 5.1.1, but 5.0 is doable and KK is no problem. Any shop getting raided is for trafficking in stolen goods, not specifically for changing IMEIs. There is risk, but it isn't for IMEI alteration specifically. But at least thanks for conceding the point that it isn't illegal to alter IMEIs. I guess I wasn't so wrong after all, eh?

For those reading, find a low cost remote service on ebay. One of them might be me. That's all I'll say.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
Really? Note 3, S6, and S6 Edge as well. But not on 5.1.1, but 5.0 is doable and KK is no problem. Any shop getting raided is for trafficking in stolen goods, not specifically for changing IMEIs. There is risk, but it isn't for IMEI alteration specifically. But at least thanks for conceding the point that it isn't illegal to alter IMEIs. I guess I wasn't so wrong after all, eh?

For those reading, find a low cost remote service on ebay. One of them might be me. That's all I'll say.

Quite a persistent troll we have here.

For anyone who is getting trolled by this guy and tries to use QPST, its not possible. A) youre not going to get past the MSLSECUR mechanism. B) youre not going to be able to get past the AKSEEDNO mechanism. C) youre not going to be able to write the corresponding RSA certificate that goes along with the IMEI. D) most importantly you wont be able to reset the security to its default state to bypass.

And take the time to read my links instead of ignoring them like the troll. Youll see that im obviously right and the troll is just...trolling.

YO-DAWG-I-HEARD-YOU-LIKE-TROLLS-SO-I-PUT-A-TROLL-IN-YOUR-TROLL-SO-YOU-CAN-TROLL-WHILE-YOU-GET-TROLLE.jpg~320x480

ytj87

Jul 16, 2009
Quite a persistent troll we have here.

For anyone who is getting trolled by this guy and tries to use QPST, its not possible.

You're mixing cases, ecs. QPST is specific and you know that. The thread originally dealt with IMEI legality. I'm not getting into specific operations because there is income to be protected. That's why it's very hard to learn and do this stuff yourself. No one, including me, wants to reveal bread and butter techniques.

edit: Sorry for those reading, I didn't mean to imply this was easy to learn. It's possible, but not easy. I was lost when first doing this a few years ago, failing with QPST after weeks of research. Finally I paid a guy and went from there. And really, since everyone is protecting methods in order to earn money, it's not likely to learn anyway. An ebay service is so easy and low cost now. But bottom line, it is legal to alter the IMEI.

Last edited:

CincoDeDrinko

Mar 26, 2011
San Diego,CA
Can anyone help me here? I got screwed on a Note 3 (T-Mo) and looking for some help or guidence to get my imei straight. I've got a good imei from my Galaxy S2 that I don't use if that helps... Also I had to repair an old HTC One imei so I'm capable of doing it myself if someone can just drop me some direction!
Please help me XDA, you're my only hope.....

montecristo1

Oct 29, 2008
Northern CA
Not here to say that deceit doesn't happen on Craigslist. However, I have always bought my phones off of Craigslist. Not everyone on Craigslist is trying to sell you a stolen phone. Maybe I may be so fortunate that for over the last 14 years, I have never been robbed, bought a stolen item, mugged, or sold bricks. And can say I have at least bought a good 15 smartphones over the years for myself, wife and coworkers. I usually ask alot of questions, haggle prices, and take a few days before deciding to meet at a public place.

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Hey guys,

Discussion on how to change your IMEI is not allowed on XDA. Although we do understand and sympathize with your issue, there isn't much we can do about it. It sucks that people are dishonest! Best course of action is to try and contact the original seller and work with them to get your money back or get them to give you a non-blacklisted device.

Thread closed.

Sorry!
Rwilco12

Reactions: audit13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Get your money back from the seller.

Other than using the phone on a different carrier than T-Mobile, there is no legal way to fix your problem.
    Just stumbled on this post while browsing and does it not strike anyone as strange that this guy joined xda just for the sole purpose of finding an imei fix? Not saying dude is a crook but I saw this a lot in the S3 Sprint forums over time. Oh and craigslist sucks.

Not really. I think it would be more suspicious if she joined asking how to do it, or buy software to do it, or offer money... There are many reasons people join here.

The majority of people join so they can ask questions and get help. I'm just saying I found the question legitimate. Not trying to say your paranoid or anything, and this question comes around every time there is a major new phone release. I'm sure if you lurked around the iPhone forums, same question would be around there.

There are a lot of ways imei can be changed, and are easily searchable with our good friend Google. Coming here though is IMO better because it has all been laid out. There truly is no legal way to do what you ask, but there are alternatives. Hope you find the best one.

I think the best one for you to get your moneys worth is to root device, buy chainfires region lock away, and get some straight talk or something. This same situation was what someone else here was in and this was what they did. Legal and safe. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Should have met dude @ tmobile store and make sure everything was legit before paying for the phone, i bought mine off craigslist this way and have no problems. This is how you can tell if your dealing with a shady person or not is when there not willing to meet you in store,huge red flag right there!

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
    Keep googling their number and searching craigslist for stuff they sell. They might pop up some time. Then I'd thump them.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk