software version 7.10.8107.79 DFT ROM FOR SPAR-W VERIZON VERSION OF THE TROPHY

Search This thread

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon
this is the beta rom from the DFT team

this is not my work in any way, if you desire to donate please do, to the DFT team, you will find here the link to mwang

http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=239077

if you have any questions i will do my best to help you and im sure a lot of users here will do their best to help you

for more technical questions please contact DFT team they are the ones that will be able to give you the best answer.

I have used this rom for a few weeks and its working amazing.
We need more users , more feedback to be able to improve it

I cant tell you if the DFT will be here helping us cause they have a lot going on, but we can help each other.

ROM info
software version 7.10.8107.79

I will add screen shots soon

Spark_W http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vdeccx3dl2xo372

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c245...for_Verizon.7z

*********************************************************very important*********************************************

please follow this instructions to hack your device before you flash this rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503298
amazing work by TheXev

*****************************************i said very important*****************************************************

thanks xda for letting us share, DFT team for this amazing rom and your effort everyday.

GOD bless

anivy1609 said:
Hi Elman,

Do you know how to unlock the verizon trophy for any GSM network? I've got that SIM PIN unlock code question from the phone...

Thanks,
Andy

yes what you need to do is
1 get the unlock code from ebay to do this do as follows
2 turn on your device without sim card
3 go to settings change from automatic to gsm only
4 get the emei number via *#06# in the dial
5 buy code
6 input code when asked

thanks afripino for this info
Used Registry Editor to fix Bluetooth audio quality issue - \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\ BitPool, set to 51

Last edited:
Reactions: bommerts

afripino

Mar 2, 2007
Thanks for making this thread!

First things I have done after installing the ROM were...

-Testing Internet Sharing (WiFi tethering) - works beautifully
-Used Registry Editor to fix Bluetooth audio quality issue - \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\BitPool, set to 51
Installed Metro Theme from Bazaar

So far, it works flawlessly! I haven't had an issue yet. I have facebook, twitter, exchange (corporate), and 2 Gmail accounts synchronized as well as my Live account. Thanks for all of the quality work DFT and mwang! Thanks to The Xev for his HSPL for Dummies tutorial guide.

Attachments

• picture042.jpg
    picture042.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 411
  • picture044.jpg
    picture044.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Reactions: elmanortega

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon

-Used Registry Editor to fix Bluetooth audio quality issue - \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\BitPool, set to 51

So far, it works flawlessly! I haven't had an issue yet. I have facebook, twitter, exchange (corporate), and 2 Gmail accounts synchronized as well as my Live account. Thanks for all of the quality work DFT and mwang! Thanks to The Xev for his HSPL for Dummies tutorial guide.

thanks
we really need feedback like this in this thread
if you can please donate to DFT team
and help us get some devs here to cook for this device
some tango flavor music would be nice to have around
i have added your info to the main post godspeed

bommerts

Jun 13, 2008

Thanks! Flashing this ROM myself right now.

Do you have links to each of the tools you used for these items?

EDIT: Disregard! After I finished flashing, I found that the apps are already pre-installed with the ROM. Really nice so far.

Last edited:

grunge100

Jul 16, 2010
Installed this ROM last evening. Took about an hour, easy as cake. So far the rom seems very stable, everything works that I messed with. I will be donating to DTF soon. Thanks for the great tutorial Xev....

Reactions: elmanortega

Astron

Feb 11, 2008
Diag mode?

Does diagnostic mode work with this rom? I loaded it OK but when I dial ##634# it stays stuck on "loading"

This is a free phone I got from the Microsoft giveaway, I'd like to put it on Cricket if I can but I can't get it into diag mode.

Astron

Feb 11, 2008
As an FYI I did not try ##634# in the stock verizon mango rom the phone came with, so it may have nothing to do with the new rom. I'm playing with the device on wifi only but would like to get it on PST and put it on a non contract so I can play with it with CDMA as well, see if I want to jump from android to win mobile 7.

So maybe I should have asked this in another thread, but I will wait and see if anyone knows this answer here.

Thanks!

the-pentagon

Dec 16, 2009
Use FileExplorer,Reinstall “ServiceTools_01.provXML” and “EmbeddedTool.provxml” in “windows” folder.

Astron

Feb 11, 2008
That didn't seem to change anything, it still hangs on loading field test.

Can someone with this ROM verify ##634# or ##3282# works for them?

Astron

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks, mine hangs on field test loading with both (as well as a couple other codes that HTC has used, either they do nothing or they hang)

I guess when I have time I will go back to the stock rom and see if it fixes it, unless someone else has a better idea. I need to change prl's at the very least to get it off verizon and onto a carrier that I can do prepay with.

I wish I knew more about windows 7, I have a 6.1 sprint touch pro, but this is completely different. Android is a mess but at least I can QPST it.

TheXev

Aug 12, 2010
Corry PA
Before getting started with my post, I BEG any possible cookers, PLEASE PLEASSEEEEE do not take mwangs rom and repackage/rerelease it as your own work. He's already royally pissed off at GoldC users for stealing his hard work and then them taking donations for it.

I'm a Chinese.....
When Use CDMA,I send Chinese SMS is correct,but the other who received is incorrect.
It's all right when use GSM.

This seems to be an issue with Spark_W's drivers. No clue when we can expect a fix, but this issue seems present in the stock rom as well. Verizon/HTC will prob need to update this in a driver fix... and who knows if they will ever do another official update for our phone. GoldC users are in the same boat with updates as us, so I'm wondering how many shared issues they have (I think the SMS issue is one, but they are stuck on CDMA only mode, unlike us).

I'm guessing this issue wasn't caught my them because HTC/Verizon didn't test the phone enough with input other then English/Spanish.

Does diagnostic mode work with this rom? I loaded it OK but when I dial ##634# it stays stuck on "loading"

This is a free phone I got from the Microsoft giveaway, I'd like to put it on Cricket if I can but I can't get it into diag mode.

No, this appears to be related to the usage of Cotulla's full unlock.

The only fix for this right now is to cook the rom without Cotulla's full unlock.. but in that case you wouldn't have full unlock. :( For now, just do any additional programming you need to do with stock rom. I will post some links to "recooked" stock roms I have created that will work with HSPL in another thread. *edit* You can find the HSPL stockish roms here. They are the same as stock, except no SPL/RADIO/Spanish.

As for switching to cricket, I'm not sure how easy it would be to flash a new PRL to it, since it isn't as simple as it was in WM6.5 phones using ##PRL. I think you may still be able to use QPST, but I think you need to boot the phone in diag/bootloader mode. I wrote a custom diag driver to do stuff like this (You'd need to uninstall Zune to make it work right. @_@), and I know it allowed QPST to connect to the phone and read data, but I never tired updating the PRL.

Other known issues with this rom:
You CANNOT program with *228. mwang has confirmed this with me that this is an issue with him removing a driver, and it will be fixed in next rom he releases. Only fix for now is to program the phone before flashing DFT Freedom at this time. In short: Don't perform a factory reset with DFT Freedom for Verizon Trophy at this time! Otherwise you'll have to flash a different rom to program your phone successfully. (Without the driver required, if you attempt to program using this version of DFT Freedom for VZW Trophy, the phone will act like its programming, but will not get an authentication key, so you will get an error "We cannot currently authenticate your phone").

Some users have reported poor voice recondition. I can concur with this, but no fix so far. I'll have to try running a file compare on registry files to see if mwang tweaked any registry settings that might affect voice recondition and report it to him/yous peoples if I find anything. I don't have much free time anymore since I am employed again.

It also seems football released a new stock rom a few days ago. I'm guna go see what that's all about... maybe we'll get the SMS fix (a newer radio would be nice too) and a new official SYS (I won't hold my breath for that one!).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is the beta rom from the DFT team

this is not my work in any way, if you desire to donate please do, to the DFT team, you will find here the link to mwang

http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=239077

if you have any questions i will do my best to help you and im sure a lot of users here will do their best to help you

for more technical questions please contact DFT team they are the ones that will be able to give you the best answer.

I have used this rom for a few weeks and its working amazing.
    We need more users , more feedback to be able to improve it

I cant tell you if the DFT will be here helping us cause they have a lot going on, but we can help each other.

ROM info
    software version 7.10.8107.79

I will add screen shots soon

Spark_W http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vdeccx3dl2xo372

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c245...for_Verizon.7z

*********************************************************very important*********************************************

please follow this instructions to hack your device before you flash this rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1503298
    amazing work by TheXev

*****************************************i said very important*****************************************************

thanks xda for letting us share, DFT team for this amazing rom and your effort everyday.

GOD bless

anivy1609 said:
    Hi Elman,

Do you know how to unlock the verizon trophy for any GSM network? I've got that SIM PIN unlock code question from the phone...

Thanks,
    Andy

yes what you need to do is
    1 get the unlock code from ebay to do this do as follows
    2 turn on your device without sim card
    3 go to settings change from automatic to gsm only
    4 get the emei number via *#06# in the dial
    5 buy code
    6 input code when asked

thanks afripino for this info
    Used Registry Editor to fix Bluetooth audio quality issue - \\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings\ BitPool, set to 51

Installed this ROM last evening. Took about an hour, easy as cake. So far the rom seems very stable, everything works that I messed with. I will be donating to DTF soon. Thanks for the great tutorial Xev....
    I'm a Chinese.....
    When Use CDMA,I send Chinese SMS is correct,but the other who received is incorrect.
    It's all right when use GSM.
    First time trying to flash a ROM. Im stuck at 0%. Is there a common reason for this?

did you unlocked your device before???