[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Thank you for your answer.

I went back to Yakju 4.02. I don't have a problem and I don't seem to get the OTA to 4.04. I wonder if I would get the same problem with the regular OTA instead of using fastboot to install it.
There is no difference if installing it manually or over the air. The issue is that Google seems to have paused rolling out 4.0.4 for the time being.

unity04

Apr 5, 2011
Does anyone have the build img for this:

Screenshot_2012-02-29-20-19-46.jpg

I'm trying to get my phone back to stock settings to return and so far I have this:

Baseband (Android 4.0.2):
I9250UGLA4

Kernel:
3.0.8-gaaa2611
android-build@apa28#1

Build Number:
ICL53F

I'm trying to get the Build Number to match the image I attached exactly by having the .I9250UGLA4 at the end.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Apparently someone has gotten the OTA to IMM76I. See here.

If anyone comes across the update URL, please post it here. For those that have gotten the update, instructions on how to find the URL are in the first post.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
Does this update feature a new radio? I think I've finally narrowed down my poor signal problem: crappy Samsung radio firmware.

Does this update have any positive effect on either poor signal or loss of signal in sleep mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

M

mudferret

It's very difficult to tell. We get an updated kernel and a bunch of patches to various files.

Try it and see if it helps you with your issues. If you don't like it, flash back to your nandroid.

Even at that, the boot.img is a patch, although maybe it's an essential tweak.

I may learn myself how to unpack boot.img's later, but that would require a high degree of boredom. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=443994

Hopefully someone figures out what, if anything, significant is different.

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
[snip]

Hopefully someone figures out what, if anything, significant is different.
Not sure if it is the placebo effect, but it seems to have fixed a major issue I had prior to the update: when I swipe my finger across the screen, it seems like it now leaves less of a grease mark than before... or maybe that is just due to me washing my hands as my GNex was updating... :D

M

mudferret

Not sure if it is the placebo effect, but it seems to have fixed a major issue I had prior to the update: when I swipe my finger across the screen, it seems like it now leaves less of a grease mark than before... or maybe that is just due to me washing my hands as my GNex was updating... :D

That alone is worth me going back to stock :cool:

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008

Epic!

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Yeah I need to make it so the tables don't overlap the right side though. Only an issue in portrait mode. I'll get around to it one day lol

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

bilalakhtar

Oct 30, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Radio?

I'm using a UGLA4 radio rather than the XXLA2 that comes with the Yakju 4.0.4 image. Would I need to change back to XXLA2 for the OTA update to apply properly, or can I stay with UGLA4?

I know that the OTA doesn't include a radio, but I was wondering if it checks each and every file in the system before applying an update...

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC

I flashed it and I swear it made the textured back plate spikier!! We need a dev to give us a setting for back plate texture. After all, this code has to make it into AOSP eventually right?? ;)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
I'm using a UGLA4 radio rather than the XXLA2 that comes with the Yakju 4.0.4 image. Would I need to change back to XXLA2 for the OTA update to apply properly, or can I stay with UGLA4?

I know that the OTA doesn't include a radio, but I was wondering if it checks each and every file in the system before applying an update...

No, you will be fine. I went through the updater-script file, and this update does not check the radio. You do need to be on the stock kernel though.

Top Liked Posts