Official OFF TOPIC THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

PontiacGTX

Dec 28, 2012
Hello I`m new here but Someone is offering me a Optimus G but w/o accesories what kind of connector it uses? really worth it for 370$ with scratches on back and bezel

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

and what about battery life?

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Micro-usb for charging/usb
3.5mm jack for phones.

Not sure if its worth cause i have no idea how many the new one costs in your country.

Battery is not good. Not good for me. About 6-7 hours of intensive use.

Btw cause of the way korean version designed, i got about 5 scratches on front and 0 on the back side, which drives me really crazy

PontiacGTX

Dec 28, 2012
so you advice me to avoid Optimus G scratched?

I`d like a phone that last at least 8 hours with intensive use(internet 3g+some gaming/apps)

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Yes, seems like the gorilla doesnt help and i have no idea how i got 5 scratches on a screen. And the screen replacing is expensive as hell.

My battery life is on LTE, cause provider contract forcing me to use LTE only, even for calls (Which charging additional fees).
Anyway, ive played with S3 for 1day and it has astonishingly long battery life compared to my optimus g

Reactions: PontiacGTX

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
Atrix HD - never saw it, cause Motorola leaved South Korean market.
Nexus 4 is kinda cheaper version of Optimus G.
One X - HTC leaved SKorean market either, but One X is an old model, so dont think they can be compared.
One S - saw it, one guy bought it in USA - its small, like S2 and thats a mid-end phone.

In my opinion Optimus G > S3 > Nexus 4 > One S > One X

Tim4

Jul 11, 2008
Seoul
One S is fastest, cause it has low screen resolution. Second one must be Atrix HD, cause it has same CPU as One S. And One X is the slowest.

Reactions: PontiacGTX

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Hello everyone,
the moderating team assigned to your forum has decided to no longer allow any offtopic threads whether those were previously sanctioned by moderators or not.

We have come to this decision due to the fact that those threads offer absolutely nothing to the device specific forum or to development in general.
After all the name of the site is xda-developers.
If you feel the urge to engage in any offtopic discussion, the offtopic forum is always at your disposal.

As such, this thread will be closed in 24 hours from this post.

Please understand that this decision was made only to streamline the forums and to enhance the user experience.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,

Diamondback
Moderation Team Leader for the Sony/Motorola/LG devices

Reactions: chadouming

Diamondback

Retired Dev Committee Lead / Retired Senior Mod
Jan 17, 2010
virtuous-ten-studio.com
Hello everyone,
the moderating team assigned to your forum has decided to no longer allow any offtopic threads whether those were previously sanctioned by moderators or not.

We have come to this decision due to the fact that those threads offer absolutely nothing to the device specific forum or to development in general.
If you feel the urge to engage in any offtopic discussion, the offtopic forum is always at your disposal.

Please understand that this decision was made only to streamline the forums and to enhance the user experience.

Diamondback

This thread is now closed.
Any new OT threads in this forum will be closed or deleted without further warnings.
Please refer to the dedicated offtopic forum for all offtopic talk.

Diamondback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More Revenues/Profit = More Support? Hope so....

Good article on reuters regarding LG latest quarterly earnings, could be a good sign for us who will be buying the Optimus G. I have to admit, I have owned a LG device before (Nitro HD), and I eventually got rid of it - too many reasons to list. However, with more revenue and trending growth I hope LG will realize the opportunity they have gain valuable market share and will put these increased revenues to good use - namely to make a better effort to support their flagships with appropriate and timely updates.....time will tell, but i'm willing to take my chances on this device - specs are just too good. Fingers crossed.....

FYI i would post the link but it wont let me b/c im a new user.....if you go to Reuters and search "LG electronics" - the news article is titled "LG Electronics boosts smartphone sales as rivals fade"

Love the site btw...

thx
    good machine

nice
    Yes, seems like the gorilla doesnt help and i have no idea how i got 5 scratches on a screen. And the screen replacing is expensive as hell.

My battery life is on LTE, cause provider contract forcing me to use LTE only, even for calls (Which charging additional fees).
    Anyway, ive played with S3 for 1day and it has astonishingly long battery life compared to my optimus g
    One S is fastest, cause it has low screen resolution. Second one must be Atrix HD, cause it has same CPU as One S. And One X is the slowest.
    Hello everyone,

Diamondback