[NFC UPDATE] [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Search This thread

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Just discovered your app and have to say it's brilliant. I've always been searching for an app allowing me to send files via wifi between to devices using the Hotspot functionality. You just made my day ;) the only thing that could improve your app is a holo design and the already mentioned nfc feature ;)
Glad you find it useful :good:
Yeah, seems like I have to improve the graphics, keep hearing this is a brilliant app apart from the design :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
What's in last version update?
I think it was same old version.
The latest released version is 1.1.1, which just fixed some bugs of 1.1 and was released somewhere in December, I think.
It seems like the Updated field in Google Play also refers to app description changes, which I seem to have made on January 27th.
The newest version I'm currently working on is 1.2, which will include NFC pairing.
What were you referring to?:confused:

h.alsadah

Mar 2, 2012
halsadah.blogspot.com
The latest released version is 1.1.1, which just fixed some bugs of 1.1 and was released somewhere in December, I think.
It seems like the Updated field in Google Play also refers to app description changes, which I seem to have made on January 27th.
The newest version I'm currently working on is 1.2, which will include NFC pairing.
What were you referring to?:confused:

but in the market the January 27th update 1.1.1 it was same I think old version and same changeloge ?

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
but in the market the January 27th update 1.1.1 it was same I think old version and same changeloge ?
I just checked and it seems like I even released 1.1.1 back in October. I just updated the app description on January 27th, I did not even touch the apk, but it seems like Google even interprets description changes as an update.:eek:

Reactions: h.alsadah

h.alsadah

Mar 2, 2012
halsadah.blogspot.com
I just checked and it seems like I even released 1.1.1 back in October. I just updated the app description on January 27th, I did not even touch the apk, but it seems like Google even interprets description changes as an update.:eek:

No sorry my mistake I think when I see January 27, 2013 should change also app version... :laugh: ,but I don't get update :laugh::laugh:

I get it Thanks ^-^.

Last edited:

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10
Re: [App] Fast File Transfer - The WiFi Direct For The Rest Of Us

Developing an app that allows transfers to any WiFi device was one of my original goals, so of course I will always keep a way to receive without any special app. The receiving part I mentioned would just connect to the WiFi for you and open the web browser automatically.:D

BTW, some One V users report that the app does not work for them. Does it work on your One V? If so, which ROM are you running?

No it works flawlessly on stock sense, cm 10, paranoid android, slimbean, evervolv, cm9 and almost all ROMs I used

the people complaining must be having weaker WiFi radio because some one v's shipped in mid July had this hardware problem there's nothing wrong with the app though

And also can we use this as WiFi direct like in Samsung devices i mean like without typing that number in future??

Sent from my One V using xda premium

Reactions: FD_

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
No it works flawlessly on stock sense, cm 10, paranoid android, slimbean, evervolv, cm9 and almost all ROMs I used
the people complaining must be having weaker WiFi radio because some one v's shipped in mid July had this hardware problem there's nothing wrong with the app though
Thank you very much for pointing this out:good::D

And also can we use this as WiFi direct like in Samsung devices i mean like without typing that number in future??
As mentioned above, I am planning some kind of receiving part that would only need name and password of the sender once and could receive automatically later.;)

deadcpu

Jan 29, 2013
Mumbai

Ty,
I liked this app and use it instead of Bluetooth,
For faster transfer of files

Send From My Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100,
HIT thanks if I did Helped you.
LIFE! It's what you make out of it!

Aashuk Mehta

Sep 4, 2012
Mumbai
Redmi Note 10

When will we see the update with new features you promised not asking for an eta just curious

Sent from my One V using xda premium

Sep 17, 2012
mumbai

FD_ nice work dude

This app is working on galaxy ace s5830I

It will be great if tou could add
Details of file transfer in the notifiations screen
And also speed and time of file transfer

Thanks

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta

Hey FD_, just letting you know that it doesn't work in my device. :( it automatically restart my device after setting up the phone or trying to send the file. Hope you can fix it. Thanks.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

FD_

Oct 16, 2012
Hey FD_, just letting you know that it doesn't work in my device. :( it automatically restart my device after setting up the phone or trying to send the file. Hope you can fix it. Thanks.
This is a know (and unfixable) bug on devices of Motorola's Razr series :( It seems to be a major bug somewhere in Motorola's WiFi drivers.

Repartee

Apr 8, 2012
Auckland
Wanted to try this out but it won't let me download :( .
Huawei u8160 running cm7

Edit: nevermind

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast File Transfer is a free Android app that uses WiFi tethering for file transfers between two devices.
    This technology allows for speeds of more than 32 Mbit/s, which means e.g. 1 Gigabyte in under 5 minutes.

NEW VERSION 2.0 12/12/2014
    I'm proud to announce the release of Version 2.0, a complete rewrite with tons of new features.
    I've opened a new thread specifically dealing with the new version here.

NEW VERSION 1.2 03/02/2013
    Finally, the app allows pairing via NFC and more:
    • NFC (Beta)
      NFC can now be used for connecting to the WiFi and opening FFT'S web address
      You will have to install an app like WiFiTap on the receipient's device for connecting to the WiFi via NFC.
      Please note that WiFiTap only connects to a WiFi that not already known.
      NFC pairing is in BETA state currently. Send me an email if you experience problems.
    • New notifications that display progress, file size, current transfer speed and estimated transfer time
    • Hints for QR code and NFC
    • Added support for Android 2.2 (Tested on ZTE Blade)
    • Now continues sending when device's screen is turned off or the app is closed to background
    • Loads of bug fixes:
      • Error message on devices where the app could not get an IP
      • Multiple files should now work
      • Should now correctly restore WiFi Tethering
      • Menu works for devices without HW menu button
      • Progress correctly shown for files bigger than 4GB

Features:

• Up to 20x speed of bluetooth :cool:
    • The receiver is device-independent
    • No need for a common Wi-Fi connection
    • No data usage for file transfers
    • The receiver does not have to have the app installed
    • Send single or multiple files
    • Easy to setup:
    • Use QR codes to allow the receiver to easily connect to the wifi and open the receiving URL

Facts:

Fast File Transfer
    Developer: Florian Draschbacher
    Price: Free
    Platform: Android 2.2 and higher

Play Store Link:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floriandraschbacher.fastfiletransfer

PLEASE NOTE:
    The app does not work on:
    Motorola Razr devices (Restarts phone; Problem in Motorola's Android implementation)
    Most HTC One devices
    HTC EVO devices
    Some Galaxy Y devices
    Devices that don't have a WiFi Tethering setting, such as the Nexus 7

These problems on specific devices are caused by restrictions and changes of manufacturers or carriers that make it impossible for the app to access WiFi tethering.:mad: Please don't write bad reviews mentioning the app does not work on a device listed above.

Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions for future updates!:D
    This project is amazinh but seems to be abandoned, its been a year since a major update happened.

Due to that Im using Super Beam which now works with gingerbread also.

I hope this project isnt dead

Enviado desde mi MB865 mediante Tapatalk

Hope the project is going good..i have recommended this app to all my friends in my college and many are benefited..thanks for keeping this project alive...:). Sad part is that i have changed my device and i am so sad that i could not use this app...

This project is NOT dead !!!
    I am currently working on the new version that will feature a number of major improvements. I am unfortunately not progressing as fast as I'd like to due to my full time job, but I have already set up the frames for all new features and some of them are already working.
    Stay tuned.
    (@josuearisty: you switched to the competitor :( ? )

Gesendet von meinem GT-N5100 mit Tapatalk
    Thread cleaned. Keep it civil guys ;)
    I'd like to share a bit of information on FastFileTransfer 2.0 with you:

Most new functions are implemented and working, and I am now building the new UI. As far as I can tell now, it will fit a lot more to Android's holo design.

Alltogether, FFT 2 will be a complete rewrite of the old version, with an improvement in any possible area.

Stay tuned!
    Please dont ask for estimated time, let this guy do his amazing work for this amazing app. :)
    Take your time man, so you can make it as good as possible.
    Thanks ;)
    BTW, I sticked without an option, as I implemented notifications, which would be useless without the app working in background too.
    Just try the update and tell me if you still need an option.

Good news guys!:laugh:
    I just uploaded version 1.2 to the Play Store. It will be available in a few hours.
    Added NFC and a few other things. Check the first post in this thread, I've updated it.

Unfortunately, I have to postbone big things like the receiving part for some months, as I am still busy preparing for my A levels.
    But still, I hope you'll like the new update.;)