Droid Razr M xt907 WiFi & Tethering hack on KitKat 4.4

Search This thread

tatsunn

Apr 4, 2014
I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.

Reactions: Strife89

Strife89

Apr 29, 2011
I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.

spoiler16

May 31, 2008
Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.

Just curious,

I am grandfathered into unlimited data for verizon. This worked for me. Will I be charged $30 to use the stock wifi-tethering?

I have rooted, and this method worked. Only the stock wifi tether works for me...I have tried a lot of 3rd party wifi tether apps with no luck.

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Did you guys use the right build.prop for your system version?
Post over here if that's what you used..
Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dasaco

Nov 2, 2014
Problems with method

I was not able to rename any of the files as .bak as required using that method with the Jrummy root explorer....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

the OP of your quoted post also made a separate post dedicated to the Razr m xt907 for KK; works like a charm

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2787763

thanks again @Topsnake