Replaced cracked Digitizer

Search This thread

demetrios3

I dropped my GT-P7510 and the screen shattered but didn't call out. I was able to use the tablet but was worried about cutting my fingers as I swipped. I bought replacement digitizer on Amazon for $15 and with the help of a YouTube video was able to remove the old screen and install the new one. It took me no more than 20 minutes, all I needed was a hair dryer and a few butter knives.

"This seemed too easy" was my thoughts as I was powering the tablet. Everything started up fine, was working perfectly UNTIL I noticed a few "dead spots" on the new touchscreen. One of which is right over the install button in the Play Store.

It's not the end of the world as this tablet is quite old and I really only use this to play Appeak Poker and the only new apps I install are the sponsored apps in Appeak that give me free chis just for running them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem after replacing their digitizer and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks

Acerpeng229

Dec 6, 2013
I dropped my GT-P7510 and the screen shattered but didn't call out. I was able to use the tablet but was worried about cutting my fingers as I swipped. I bought replacement digitizer on Amazon for $15 and with the help of a YouTube video was able to remove the old screen and install the new one. It took me no more than 20 minutes, all I needed was a hair dryer and a few butter knives.

"This seemed too easy" was my thoughts as I was powering the tablet. Everything started up fine, was working perfectly UNTIL I noticed a few "dead spots" on the new touchscreen. One of which is right over the install button in the Play Store.

It's not the end of the world as this tablet is quite old and I really only use this to play Appeak Poker and the only new apps I install are the sponsored apps in Appeak that give me free chis just for running them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem after replacing their digitizer and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks
Try checking the connection between the digitizer ribbon cable and mainboard socket thingy. Push it as far as possible without damaging and press the clip to secure connector.

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
hi all,
first forgive me, english is not my first language

instead of creating a new thread, i used the search option and found that thread so ill post my problem here.

I own a p7500, and last week i dropped it on the floor and broke the glass. Since i use my tab for work i couldnt wait for ordering a replacement glass and do it myself so i brought the tab to a store close to my place named youbreakifix and they changed the glass for 100$. The lcd is 100% fonctionnal as well as all buttons.

now at first the lower right corner wasnt responsive at all as well as the bottom section of the tab. Also, sometime the whole screen wouldnt be responsive until i screen off then screen on again.
The guy told me he would open it and check all connections and if the problem isnt fix, he would order a new glass and replace it again.

Now the next day, they called me saying everything looked fine, i went to the shop and tried to swipe home screens from one to another with success.

Once at home, i started to play a little more with the tab and found that the digitilizer is still totally unresponsive in a intermittently way until i screen off and back on.

Also, when i press on some area (really small and alway at the same place) the tab look like it has a dead spot.

According to you, is it the glass that i should get replace again (on warranty 90days) or it might be another internal problem of the tab ?